So why can't Hasbro make thier own Beakdown?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideways77, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I know it's old to be talking about voyager Breakdown not getting released, but I have a question. Why can't Hasbro make thier own?

They couldn't bring AM BD overseas because of Micron ports or something, but why can't they make thier own mold without the ports? Unless they have other figures they want to make instead.

Answers? (I really shouldn't care because I have AM BD)

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They probably spent the money on shit like the weaponizers instead. AM line haven't got them.

3. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I would love a Beakdown. Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep.

Maybe (hopefully) they're just waiting to release the Silas version instead?

4. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Another one of these?

5. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    Release it under weaponizers if it's too pricey for a voyager, even though it has no gimmicks :p 

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    But Hasbro does have one, its the CV. :p 

Really, I do think its a shame that they won't bring the voyager figure to the states. I have it, its one of my favorite voyagers in years.

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I don't think you guys are hearing right. I'm talking about Hasbro making thier own mold. Not bring over the AM mold.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because if the minor modifications necessary to make the Arms Micron Breakdown work for the US aren't within the budget they have allocated for the line, then making an entirely new mold certainly wouldn't be.

9. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spent all their budget making BBs.

He is like our Pikachu.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because that's a lot of work to put into a stiff, and unlike Cliffjumper he's not an Autobot nor did he have so much pre-exposure and hype.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'm glad I got the AM-12....that Silas version doesn't really look too good...

12. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Arms Master Optimus Prime disagrees with you.

13. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Is there a picture of the Silas version?

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    More people should pay attention to this man.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting a Silas version down the line, but I'd be equally unmoved by us never getting another. If they can make moar money from Dreadwing, then why not?

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Doesn't quite explain why they made an entirely new Optimus and Bulkhead instead of modifying the older ones. Hasbro just does some weird decisions sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with their own Breakdown in the future; stranger things have happened.

17. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

The mold IS available for Hasbro to use. But Breakdowns mold is COVERED in 5mm peg slots.

Retooling him for the RiD line would cost too much money.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, first off, AM Breakdown was (probably) gonna be Prime-RID 'Powerizer' Breakdown at some point. There's enough clear plastic comprising the forearms to support that idea.

At some point in the design process (perhaps first-round test shots), Hasbro decided they couldn't sell it. Perhaps it didn't pass safety testing, wouldn't fit within the allotted Voyager budget, or didn't integrate well enough with a Powerizer Mech-Tech thingy, I don't know. Either way, the issue was beyond just a simple modification to fix, so instead it was dropped from the line. Takara, being deep enough in and not bound by the same criteria as Hasbro, went ahead and finished it up on their own, apparently with two redecos/remolds to help amortize the costs.

Hasbro might restarted from scratch on a new Breakdown mold at that point, but assuming they would've had no reason to before discovering the first one wouldn't work, that's a new development cycle starting when other toys in the line are near-finished, meaning it's hypothetically bumped to next year's line at the earliest. By then, Breakdown in the series is long dead, and Silas-in-Breakdown's body might be long gone as well. There's not a lot of incentive for Hasbro spend a lot of money to release a dead character after the fact. They've been doing that kind of thing enough in the Prime line already. :) 

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  19. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I kinda doubt those modifications are minor. Look how much new tooling is going on between FoC Jazz and Sideswipe; if that's cost effective for Hasbro then there's no way a bunch of ports is the only thing stopping Breakdown from being sold.
    Hasbro could probably make a second Breakdown mold if they wanted. Movieverse Sideswipe got 3 new Deluxe molds within 3 years, and he was not really anymore prominent than BD.

20. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Give Hasbro some time. The TFP toy line still has a year to go in stores.

Hasbro is well aware of their buyers demand & love for these exclusive Takara TF toys.

Hasbro is re-releasing the FE toys this fall to TRU stores in America. Hasbro always makes sure it's customers get the newest mold MP TF toy. Hasbro Saw USA & Canada fans wanted the GDO Asian TF exclusives & is giving them to us.

My speculation is that Hasbro will eventually Release the Takara Breakdown as a store exclusive in America. most likely it will be a TRU 2 pack Verse gift set.

Hasbro will probably give it's customers the Gaia Unicron toy as a store exclusive singular or Verse 2 pack gift set. Most likely paired with TFP Nemesis Convoy. Since TRU as of lately is getting the bulk of the gift set bigger exclusives. my bet is on this eventually be a TRU store exclusive.

I know this sounds insane. but I can visualize Hasbro giving Kmart a store exclusive 10 or 12 pack fift set of the Transformers Prime Takara tiny Microns. I named Kmart because Kmart has had a few classics universe 10 or 12 pack gift sets of the new mold animals & vechicles minicons.