So who's taller, FOC Bruticus or Fansproject Colossus?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by allew, Jul 15, 2012.

1. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apologies if this has already been asked and answered in the other threads. I've been seeing some pictures of SDCC Bruticus but so far no comparison shots with the Fansproject version. I wanted to know which was taller to decide whether or not I try and get SDCC Bruticus after the convention on hts.

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unlikely that anyone took their Colossus along for the sake of doing comparison shots. Give them a few days to get home and I'm sure such a picture will happen.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably Colossus.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Attached Files:

5. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought it was a longshot but I was hoping someone who owns both could give a ballpark guess-timate. I have a feeling that SDCC Bruticus might sell out pretty quickly on hts before the professional comparison shots go up

Awesome, that video/pictures was just what I was looking for, thank you! Since they're fairly equal height, I'll try and get one to keep in combiner mode and use the fansproject upgraded version as the individual Combaticons (I do have the G2 amazon.com recolor on preorder and that one certainly is looking like the better value, so I don't think I'll feel like I missed out if it does indeed sell out on hts).

6. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, that picture makes FoC Bruticus look better. The stock photo does no justice.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? I think he looks just as crappy. Blast Off as an arm looks horrendous.

8. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    either your joking or someone is having a fun day on the internet because I seriously think people need to get their heads checked if they like the FOC Bruticus because he looks like one giant disaster. The articulation is crap the hands are in permanent kung-fu chop mode and overall he just looks like shit, its as if they placed a Bruticus head on top of a steamy pile. I'm sorry I really can't express my disgust enough of how much I can't stand how bad hasbro has gotten over the sum of literally just over 6 months, all of their toy lines are starting to fail and let alone they are being made cheaply to begin with only because hasbro wants to cut back on "their use of plastic" which is complete bs but any ways I can't be more happy to support any 3rd party company all of my purchases alone this year have been 3rd party and none of them have failed me.

9. Risko_Vinsheen

Risko_Vinsheen Well-Known Member

I'm holding out hope that a 3rd party group puts out an upgrade kit for this Bruticus to make him better. A backend on Onslaught, perhaps some addons to the arms to make them better. That sort of stuff. Given the fact there are four versions of the molds revealed thus far I think they could get pretty good mileage out of a kit like that.

10. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    WTF he's same size, if not bigger, as Bruticus Maximus!! Didn't think he was that big with all the talk of FOC deluxes being smaller....

11. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woah, woah. I'm not saying he's super awesome or anything, but that picture just makes him look better than how the stock picture portrayed him. I would rather have him tall and lean like this:
    [​IMG]

Rather than this:
    [​IMG]

I'm just saying that the stock photo made FoC Bruticus look like a stubby PCC gestalt rather than tall and lean like FP Bruticus. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy him (especially for what even a retail version would go for), but I also wouldn't mind having him.

EDIT: Actually, I'll probably end up buying him sooner or later if FoC Constructicons or Stunticons ever get made. I love me some Decepticon combiners! :D 

12. GaussGunner

GaussGunner Ukrainian Convoy

News Credits:
    Hasbro could not they make more and more beautiful!

13. ernesttheduck

ernesttheduck Active Member

Why is The blast off arm almost the length of his entire body ? OH and first post. Yay!

14. GaussGunner

News Credits:
    Swindle even the largest of Combacticons!

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I know I'm really digging what I've been seeing of this mold so far. The only thing stopping me is paying eBay prices. :( 

16. GaussGunner

News Credits:
    Would have done better than normal of wreckers combiner.

17. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Haha, so if someone likes FOC Bruticus they're either ******ed or trolling?

Pffffhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

18. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I do retract some of what I said earlier and he isn't so much a (what I put earlier) but the individual bots themselves don't look half bad its just the combination that makes him look utterly useless with the lack of play-ability or pose-ability if I could word it any better is just gone out the door making the final figure look like one giant brick that can't really make for many poses hence why I feel that the Fansproject Bruticus is far more superior even though more than half of the components are based off existing hasbro bots the final product is overall better IMO.

so lets see here hasbro's lame attempt at a new devastator minus the needed movie add in parts but they felt it would be too unnecessary

[​IMG]

and who can't forget this one either

[​IMG]

but personally I would take a 3rd party devastator any day

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're completely ignoring all the joints FOC Bruticus has. He's far from a brick. The only place he's lacking is with his hands and ankles. He's got plenty of posability and playability, especially since he has something no third party combiner has so far: the ability for any of the four limbs to become any other limb.

20. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd make a point of the drastic differences in budget the figures you're comparing have, but it just feels like I'd be stating the obvious.