So who's not going completely gung-ho for the new line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobotic9, May 17, 2011.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    For me I got about half of what I want yesterday,those being the following: Cyberverse Powerglide,Voyager Megs,Voyager Skyhammer,Deluxe Roadbuster,Deluxe Starscream,and Voyager Ironhide (tho only a placeholder till I get leader IH).

Now as for the rest I'm getting when I get some more money is: Leader Ironhide,Deluxe Topspin,Deluxe Wrecker #3(forgot his name),HA Wreckers all of them,Cyberverse Prime w/trailer,Cyberverse Megatron w/trailer,Deluxe Sideswipe,and Ultimate Optimus Prime.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

whenever i see this thread, i'm reminded how fast i grabbed HA Jazz and how fast TRU Jazz stockpile went on sale. from 39.99$ to 15$ bucks. i'm waiting this time.

3. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I definitely have not gone all out and have no plans to do so. Hell I haven't even shopped yet, it's mostly a "wait and see" approach for me. There is only one figure I really want right now (I'm looking at you, Shockwave,) and a couple I might be interested in or not depending how they look in person. But I'm really concerned about how future figures will turn out, mostly new characters like Mirage, and earth-mode Soundwave, but mostly it is how the main Human Allaince figures turn out that has my eye.

4. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

These scales are horrible but I may cave and buy a few dotm figures. Maybe I can say Voyager ironhide is a lowrider or something.

5. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

yeah but now he's back up to about $30+....i waited too long. i'm still waiting **facepalm**

6. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im invested in a single line (classics) that makes it hard to do movie as well. Unless I see a figure that's worth getting, I'm skippin the whole movie line...

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'll get one or two, pass on the rest like rotf

8. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    This is me too. Today I kept picking up, looking at, and returning to the peg Roadbuster, but other than that, I can't really say I care.

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

my opinion is subject to change but as of now, The only ones I think look decent are skyhammer, shockwave and voyager ironhide. But I dont like em enough to buy em.

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This.

11. VenomKing

VenomKing Well-Known Member

It'll be funny after the movie has run it's course and the hype is gone to watch everyone trying to sell their movie toys because they're lame. They could have been done so much better but just the overall look of them is just fugly. Just my opinion though and I know I'm glad I never wasted a dime on any movie figure.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The only movie figure so far that I might get is Shockwave. Even then it's more because I don't know if we'd ever see a Generations Shockwave so I might as well settle for something that is kind of close.

None of the other figures seem like they would look very good next to all my Classics stuff.

I would say I'm getting to save some money but damn that Marvel Universe stuff keeps finding ways to hit all my nostalgia buttons and since GI Joe doesn't get ruined by a movie line again until next year there are some nice things coming out for GI Joe.

13. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    IMO The HA Basics are alright but the rest of the DOTM stuff gets a very big "Meh" from me. I'll watch the movie but am I gonna buy any of the toys? I seriously doubt it. Besides, All my money's being drained by G1... :lol 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Size are available funds are my deterrents right now. There are some figures I'm interested in, but I'm playing the waiting game for most of it. The significantly smaller size is playing a bigger role for me that I originally anticipated.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Put me in the picky-choosy category. I don't have anything outside of my HA figures from the last line on display right now, and as some have stated, many of these figures are a step backwards. I will buy what I feel is the best representation of each character from the movie, but really don't need another Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream, Barricade, etc. Anything that is in the movie will be bought, just don't need 4-5 of each character. I think if they made 20 different versions of Classics bumblebee, Prime, etc I would start to feel the same way. I can appreciate the movie figures, and they got me back into collecting again, but there are just way too many versions of the same characters.

16. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was excited about the street date hitting, so I checked out Target on Monday to see how the new toys looked. I was shocked by how small they were! Although Ironhide looked pretty awesome, I couldn't justify spending $20 on those voyagers. Prime looks downright tiny in his box.
    I'll probably end up grabbing Shockwave, Sentinel, & maybe Topspin. The rest don't look worth the $$ to me. I wanted deluxe sized figures, not deluxe sized guns!

17. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I'll be getting exactly none of the movie toys... I really, REALLY wanted to like at least a couple of them, but even the hype around DotM couldn't making me buy buy any of these toys, after seeing the first wave in the flesh.

Powerglide is the only one that's mildly attractive to me, but I can't actually regard him as a DotM toy proper.

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I recently upgraded my status from "Not Buying any" to "May buy a couple, depending on price". If my fellow boardies in the states think the're getting a bum deal in terms of price and size, spare a thought for us brits (and surely europeans in general). I saw the DotM voyagers for £25 the other day, which is roughly $40 - $45.

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm passing for several reasons

the price has gone up for the UK to the extent where they aren't worth the money (the Cyberverse commanders would be considered if they weren't £9 a pop)

the movie aesthetic just doesn't do anything for me when translated to toys now.

I don't have the money to burn how I did during the first two movie lines, that said I think I might try to pick up hatchet, powerglide and space case but beyond that I think I'm done with movie toys. It depends on what gets unveiled next week at Botcon really :lol  I just hope for more Generations and confirmation that Rumble will be repacked into DOTM commanders.

That and I don't really want another movie bumblebee or Prime :lol 

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    The closest I've come to being interested in a DOTM fig was Skyhammer, which was quashed when I got a good look at him in person. Maybe a head swap would do more to bring him in line with the Classiverse aesthetic, since that is what I collect, but overall he looks way to Bayverse for me. That being said, I know how impulsive I am and that I'll probably bite the bullet.

I guess TAKTOMY Whirl would be a DOTM fig, and I'm gonna buy the shit out of that. Past that, I'll just sit and wait for more Classiverse repaints to trickle out of the line.