So, who will be Prime´s "Dinobot"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ima say Knockout and Breakdown. The two just fit, since they're cars like the 'bots (it makes sense) and both have questionable loyalty to the Decepticon cause (Knockout's plot with Starscream and Breakdown being saved by Bulkhead).

At this point I can see Screamer recruiting the two into helping him beat Megs, only for them to get their asses handed to'em once the whole thing falls apart. Where else will they have to turn? THE AUTOBOTS. That's it, I'm calling it. This is happening. :p 

But has anyone talked about an Autobot switching sides? Because I would love to see an evil Ratchet.

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I can tell Ratchet won't turn evil. Hes too "friends" with optimus to do so. However I could definitely see Breakdown and Knock out contemplating at least going to the autobots for protection.....Maybe even starscream.

3. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

maby Starscream for personal advantage?

4. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice how Breakdown's eyes are yellow? Decepticons eyes are usually red so far in TFP. Maybe it's a sign of his neutrality? And when he changes sides, maybe his eyes will turn blue?
    That, or either yellow eyes suit his orange face more. Personally, I think it's a hint.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Definatly Megatron. He's such a nice guy! Singing about summer!

But anyway, Breakdown is a possibility.

6. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Knock out would seem very likely since he did work with starscream too attempt to overthrow megatron (Starscream did treat knock out pretty badly during that time so I could see knock out switching sides). Maybe an episode where megatron finds out about how knock out was working with starscream leads too him being kicked out of the faction (Your doctor tried too kill you what would you do besides kill him) leaving knock out too find the autobots and join them.

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    KO seems like the type of bot though that doesn't like starscream and goes on drives on his own which he had said and screamer didn't like, he hasn't done anything particularly evil and a doctor would probably p*ss ratchet off like dinobot did to rattrap in that they'd get in each others way and with ratchets nature ratchet would not trust nor recognise KO's skills in his blind thought of cons. It would provide a better set up and the idea of a con switching sides that loves himself would set up his nobility aspect etc. he is the PERFECT choice to switch sides and I honestly think if he doesn't then the character and story arc of KO into Tracks is wasted as it can logically happen and happen excellently well.

8. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    If it's a Dinobot scenario; maybe the character doesn't switch sides per-se, but sacrifices themselves in an hour of need...which could lead it to be anyone. Even Megatron. (who would probably then be revived, reprogrammed & rebuilt into Galvatron to keep the 'big bad' present - possibly all due to Unicron???)

Anyway, back to reality! :lol  I don't think it'd make much sense for Breakdown to join Prime's team, since they've got the heavy-hitter Bulkhead, & Ironhide is supposed to be a big bruiser too when he appears...too much muscle there, me thinks.

So Knockout it is! :D 

9. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    OMG. That's just pure awesome. But so far we've only seen is Meg's 'evil overlord' personality, deciding not to help Breakdown just confirmed that. Though I'd love if they fleshed him out and shown that there's more to him.

10. Stygimoloch

News Credits:
    And that's exactly why it would be so dramatic. It would have to be something gradual, like built up over 3 or 4 episodes until Ratchet comes to believe the Decepticons have the best chance at reviving Cybertron, kinda like
    Sentinel Prime in DotM.

Think about how awesome this would be!

11. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Evil Ratchet would be epic, not gonna lie, but I really don't see it happening.

And good point about Breakdown's optics, Starscreamer. I noticed them too, but didn't ascribe any meaning to that.

Airachnid had purple optics though, and she did say stuff like "I work alone now," so maybe there is significance to not having red (or blue) optics.

12. Thilda

News Credits:
    Heh, the question is: would the Decepticons even want Ratchet? They already have a medic (a sexy one!), Ratchet can't fly, he's no fighter and I doubt that his scientific skillz are that incredibly awesome and irreplaceable. They did manage to build a spacebridge on their own.

I think the colour of the optics is more of an aesthetic nature. Also big blue eyes look innocent while red equals evil and satan.

13. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Oooh, he's gonna need aloe for that burn. :)  Or whatever the robot equivalent would be.

But yeah, he's basically the Autobots' main snarker, and... the Decepticons really don't need more of that. It's only on short supply on one side. ;-)

14. Stygimoloch

News Credits:
    Except for the fact that he's goddamn Ratchet! He's got scientific skillz (he built a groundbridge from scratch and is pretty knowledgeable about dark energon) and he's a fairly good fighter (He killed about twenty bajillion zombies). That, and the fact that I doubt the 'cons are gonna deny another actual soldier. They're are pretty much only 2 guys who go into the field and then there are the worthless drones. Why would they not want him?

But its all only speculation. Its unlikely Ratchet will be a turncoat, that's just wishful thinking on my part.

15. Thilda

News Credits:
    Now I feel bad for writing that lol

I don't deny that he has the skillz, it's just that the 'Cons have them too. So it's not that they really need him.

From what we learned in "Operation: Breakdown" Megatron doesn't even give a damn about the few competent Decepticon warriors he has. I'm still not convinced he would let Autobot scum on his ship. Then again considering he let Starscream live you can't count on Megatron's judgement to be sound ;) 

16. Stygimoloch

News Credits:
    True, cuz Megatron's batshit insane at this point. I wouldn't put it past him to recruit Ratchet (speculation!) simply because it would cause Optimus grief.

17. CommanderPrime

CommanderPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    My guess is Breakdown and did anyone think of...

Breakdown= Ironhide?

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know this will never happen, but it would be awesome if Megatron was the one that left? Sooner or later Megatron is going to come to the conclusion that the soldiers are just too incompetent to bring his vision to fruition. Starscream always schemes. Soundwave only spies. Breakdown hasn’t a clue about what he should do. Megatron needs a great second officer, commanders really, that can get things done without him taking point every single time.

I don’t think Starscream will leave, as he won’t conform to the Autobots code. Ever. Breakdown, like Starscream, may be a schemer too. Knockout, the guy we know least about, save for some past with Bulkhead, is the only named Decepticon who likely has a shot of making such a transition from Decepticon to Autobot—oh, how I would have loved to have had an Autobot losing faith in the Autobot’s cause, and siding with Megatron instead.

19. megapork

megapork Cheese

Im putting my money on mirage. Oh wait clliffjumper's dead. Money's still on mirage except with miko or jack suspecting him to be a traitor, while arcee and the autobots are fooled. Mwahahaha. Also in my imagination, since red cliffy's dead, let's have mirage be like arcee's former boyfriend.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe it was all just to throw us off the trail but Operation Breakdown sure seemed like it was setting it up for Breakdown to be the one to change sides.

Megatron doesn't care about Breakdown. Prime talks about how even a Decepticon can change. Breakdown ends up owing Bulkhead one now. Breakdown and Bulkhead were making a heck of a team even when they were badly out numbered. Plus Starscream put Breakdown in very bad spot by revealing what he had planned and how Breakdown had better be loyal to him.