So who thinks Ratchet gave it to him anyway? (spoilers for OP:BB pt2)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Mar 19, 2012.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet seemed a little sly after that surgery, and I'm betting he donated his T-cog to Bee even though Bee wanted his own. He's right, his (Ratchet's) never gets used anyway, and Bee needed one. Plus being an organ donor for Bee lets him pay back some of the guilt he feels for not being able to fix his voice box all those years ago. I bet it doesn't come up again till late in the season, but I think its an interesting little side point, if that's what the writers meant for us to infer from that scene.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they were specific on Bee getting his old, damaged one back.

3. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

He didn't donate his t-cog, he fixed Bumblebee's.

4. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    That's what I don't like about this show. They take the easy simple route. Fixing his old one. LOL I thought they would take Starscreams T-Cog from Mech

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Not only is that f-ing stupid, it's inhumane as well.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering Ratchet would have to be put under to have his cog removed and couldn't perform the procedure himself, I don't think that's something he could do without pretty much everyone else knowing.

7. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

So since Ratchet was able to so 'easily' fix BB's Transformation Cog, why was it such a HUGE deal in the first place? And while he's at it, fix his bloopin voice box.

I've become very fond of TF Prime, but there are these little things that bug me, even though it's a kid's cartoon. Pick a premise, and stick to it. Either they're robots, or they're biological. Pick a side, unless we're going the Beast Wars/Machines route of technorganic and transmetal.

/NERDRAGE

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They are biomechanical according to the series itself - living machines whose mechanisms are so complex as to go beyond being "simply" moving parts and gears.

As for fixing Bumblebee's T-Cog, I'd say it is more a qualification of Ratchet's skill as a medic. It's always possible that this will come up again - for all we know, there will be a battle later in the series where Bumblebee's arm cannons will stick, or he'll go to transform to robot mode and he'll lock up.

Just because there was the appearance of this being resolved right now does not mean it won't be revisited later.

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The HUGE deal was that the T-Cog was out of Bumblebee, not broken. They couldn't replace it and had nowhere else to get one. They never considered fixing it because it wasn't in their possession until the end of the ep, where it was already broken.

As for the voice box, that was addressed the same way the T-Cog was..it's not something you can just build another one of or find..

10. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I took it as Ratchet having developed his medical skills since the incident with the voice box.
    Which makes me wonder, assuming Bee still has the broken voice box in/with him, would Ratchet be able to fix it now?
    (Disregarding the real-world reasons they would likely keep the beep-speak anyway)

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

The point was that it was a great achievement that boosted Ratchet's confidence, you can't have that with some transplant.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the remark at the end was that ratchet fixed bees voice.

13. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    If Ratchet fixed Bumblebee's voice, why was Bumblebee still beeping?!

As to the topic: No. Probably not. Although if Ratchet suddenly fails to transform during a mission, I'm probably going to fall out of my chair with glee.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think it's more that Ratchet got Bumblebee's cog up and running but it's still somewhat damaged. But since these TF heal over time Bumblebee's own systems will do the rest of the job of fully restoring the cog to complete health.

But on the subject of Ratchet giving Bumblebee his own cog instead I think Ratchet would uphold some medical code that he wouldn't perform an operation process he knew the patient definitely didn't want.
    I did consider that myself. But ultimately I think Optimus was just talking about Ratchet starting to forgive himself for not being able to fix Bumblebee's voice way back when. But it's an ambiguous comment, so who knows?

15. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I find it hard to believe that ratchet fixed BB's t cog but can't fix his voicebox. The t cog seems as though it would be a far more complex piece of biomachinery?

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    And that's kinda why the unfixable damaged voicebox thing has always been a bit dumb. It was nothing more than a writer's trick in the first Bay movie to keep Sam in the dark about the full facts until Optimus arrived to tell him. But now it's just a hanger-on idea that's getting a bit tired for me.

A T-Cog has to interact with a Transformer's entire body for transformation (and possibly reformatting) and the activation of in-built weapons. It should be magnitudes harder to repair and/or replace than a voicebox.

17. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Bee's voicebox was torn out and lost forever. Bee's t-cog was taken out but was still in possession of the Autobots.

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I thought is was apparent that he got his old one.

19. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As we seen with bees transformation it took a little while to lock in and do it, maybe his voice will be the same.

I don't know, they all looked pretty happy and the line was so left open that it made me think about his voice straight away.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet didn't fix Bumblebee's voice. Optimus Prime's remark was talking about how Bumblebee/Ratchet's spirit and confidence was fixed.

And no, he doesn't have Ratchet's cog.