So ... who else got Asperger's syndrome here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Transquito, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    You should ask, "Who doesn't have asperger's/autism". You would get less responses :lol 

I hate everyone who thinks they have the symptons self-diagnosing themselves. Takes away from the people who truly suffer from these issues; I know it exists and I know it is a real problem, but seems like every other person on TFW has it.

2. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

The Aspergers syndrome is very diffrent from person to person.
    Luckely, mine is rather mild while others have much bigger troubles. Right now Im in an "Contact-class" for Aspergers, and some of my classmates even have troubles asking for a cup of coffee. Glad it aint me cause I rly luvz coffee ...

3. Transquito

Well you could be right at the "every other person on TFW has it " thing, but I hardly doubt it is more than 25%.
    But Aspergers is the "nerd-syndrome" because of the special hobbies, for example collecting Tf's.
    ( No offense, we all love Tfs' ! ... right? )

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still confused.

5. trump

trump WWBD?

I'm not surprised.

Self-diagnosing is sketchy at best, and with Asperger's, everyone who reads it will think they have it. I mean, it's such a broad net that it'll catch anything and anyone, including cats. There's seriously a book on the market called "every cat has Asperger's"...

6. Transquito

HOW DO I SHOOP DA WOOP?!

-You will have to roar at the crimson moon for 5 nights straight ...
    THEN and only THEN you can shoop da woop ...

See THAT is randomness ;D

7. trump

trump WWBD?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck possessed only the strength of an average sized swallow?

8. Transquito

42 ... 42 is the answer to everything !

9. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's not random, this is random:

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the cah crows at midnight then how old is my cat?

11. Transquito

Touché

12. trump

trump WWBD?

INCORRECT.

The answer is that all chipmunks must spinach the bicycle when the moon turns lime green.

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    omg u so funnay lololol

14. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On topic again. (Sorry to break your fun.)

Aspergers, as with any mental illness, is difficult to really diagnose; it's kind of like a horoscope in that people can go, "Oh that applies to me ____ way."

(Of course, the more severe/Big Daddy Version, AKA Autism, not so difficult. )

BUT.

Again, I don't see why it should matter one way or not if you have it. Though I will say it's what got me through High School; rather, my IEP. I slacked off -big time- and had to finish over the summer to get my diploma. As it was, I didn't walk - no big deal to me, though.

15. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome when I was 6 or 7 and have managed to beat many odds and expectations, as I am currently attending an LIU college and was invited to join an honors society for my 3.75 GPA. I have also held a job for almost 4 years, which should be a hard task even for somebody without AS. I only have a few friends but they are very good ones and this is definately a situation where quality is better than quantity. The only trouble I have had is sometimes keeping my temper and I have yet to be in a relationship despite trying for years.

16. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i don't have asperger's, but i have heard that satoshi tajiri, the guy who created pokemon has it. i always found that kind of cool and inspiring, that it's possible to fight something and create one of the most popular franchises on the planet.

17. ghostwave

ghostwave Lets make BISCUITS!!

yes. i have it. everybody at school makes fun of me because of it. so what,im special ed. DEAL WITH IT. sorry. had to blow steam....i hate middle school. i was diagnosed with it in 2005 i think and was preety young so i did not know what it was. i found out about it for sure recently cause i barely remember being diagnosed. im 11 now so middle school is the perfect battlefield for GATE students and me. BRING IT GATE! battle field being p.e yard. im not the only one with it in my class but i have it the most if that makes any sense.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I have Asperger's Syndrome myself. I was diagnosed back in 2002, when I was a sophomore in high school. I had it really bad then when I was first diagnosed... in fact, just before I received a diagnosis. That's why I've technically called my sophomore year in high school "the year from Hell."

However, I'm making progress, I can function just as well as everybody else. Though I do have some very rare moments where I do have a bit of a meltdown. Yet, I do manage to bounce back.

19. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

I have Asperger's syndrome. I was first diagnost with it in third grade, about 8-9 years ago. I have a hard time dealing with kids at school, I can't tell anyone because they would make fun of me even more (I did once to get them to try to understand me better, they just thought I was making stuff up). As of lately, I have had trouble paying attention durning school. I don't know why, I just seem distracted alot. I have also been having stress issues, lately, (bad stress issues, to the point where I miss school, once I got so stressed out I actually cut myself. Its not that bad as of now, but I still need to spend a lot of time alone). Anyway, I attend a social skills group on Saturdays, with some other kids my age. I don't really like having to go, but I don't mind it either.

Anyone have any advice about dealing with stress issues. I really could use some, thanks.

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Really? The guy who created Pokemon has Asperger's?

Good. I can have somebody who's successful and has Asperger's syndrome as a role model.

I'm an aspiring novelist. I'm hoping to publish a series of books within the next couple of years. Probably won't be a best-seller, I've finally started to realize that, but as long as I see at least one book of mine in print, that's good enough for me.