So who did NOT see the movie? and has no plans to?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't like the designs. I wasn't thrilled that Michael Bay was directing it. Blah blah, bitch whine, REGARDLESS, as a huge fan of Transformers for my entire life, I still was open enough to give this a shot and I think everyone should at least give it a chance, especially if you actually are a big fan. It isn't a complete removal from everything that ever has been Transformers, some of the same old spirit is still there in a big way and it's worth at least one fucking viewing. Hating something without even giving it a chance is wrong

2. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

I can understand someone not liking the movie designs. I can understand someone not liking what they happen to have heard about the story and script. I can understand someone not having high expectations of the movie…

But what I can never understand is the self-righteous hate that is being spewed here and how anybody with any sense of self-respect can become MORALY OFFENED BY A FUCKING ACTION MOVIE!

Do any of you "haters" have any idea how stupid it looks to be subbing your nose at this movie and its fans and acting like not seeing is making some grand moral stand against Hollywood and Michael Bay?

"You refused to see the Transformers move? oooooooooooo. You’re so hardcore! Way to stick it to the man!":rolleyes2 

Seriously, this nitpicking and moronic grand standing is exactly why people look down upon fans of sci-fi, fantasy, and related genres as a bunch of pathetic lowlifes. You're acting like the Star wars fans that have noting to do but over-analyze every frame of Return of the Jedi and write angry letters to George Lucas about Greedo shooting first.

:duel 

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

my wife's working night shifts this week until saturday so we'll be seeing it then. she'd kill me if i went without her.

4. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Yep

It's pretty funny when people need to put down movies and those that like or are at least willing to give a chance to said movies to feel they're superior

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

A Transformer fan that refuses to see a Transformers movie isn't a Transformers fan! What's "fan" stand for? Fanatic? Well, you're not very fanatical if you can resist this movie. I don't know what you call yourselves but "fan" isn't it!

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

everyone will do things their own ways but I think everyone who disagrees with how things are should see it then make mentions of what they don't like. Everything was great I thought(somethings could have been better) but oh well....least we have some more discussion now

7. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

So if people wish to bash, mock, or flame the movie or otherwise express distaste of it, where ought they do that, exactly?

The first 10 or so posts all agreed with the OP, essentially, which is amazing considering the social stigma of being a "hater" here. Unfortunately, we can't help it if you ignore this.

I don't understand why I get lambasted for telling people their own opinions when I'm really pointing out how impossible perfection is(and that a lot of the positivity is just "sticking it to the haters!"), yet you lot can trot around doing what you laim I do to the "haters".

8. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Not liking the movie is fine, and coming up with sensible reasons why, but the whole bashing, flaming, IT SUCKS IT SUCKS FUCK THIS SHIT type attitude should be left alone, people that want to post that shit, well, they need to mature a bit and consider the world is negative enough without them contributing to it over such insignificant shit as some movie not being made according to their almighty will. Why can't people spend their time talking about things they enjoy, why are there so many people that just want to sit and bitch all day, this movie sucks, that band sucks, you have bad taste because you like something I don't, you suck! blah blah, it's so fucking pointless and childish

9. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Honestly, I haven't seen it yet. I'll probably catch it sometime next week as I'm not really that hyped for it. This week I went to Ratatouille instead. I think I've been indifferent to this film for a long time now, so missing out on it for another week or two isn't going to make me lose any sleep.

10. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Why do people need sensible reasons to bash it, but not to worship it?

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    takes more muscles to frown than smile, and you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

12. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Anyone on these boards that claims to be a transformers fan and actually refuses to see the new movie is so amazingly stubborn and pigheaded that it pisses me off.

You're probably better off not seeing it anyways. You've decided you hate it before you have even see it, and with that kind of mindset ANYTHING can seem like total crap. I dont want you sitting next to me in the first place.

I'm ok with people who see it and dont like it. I'm not with people who wont even watch it before they form some uninformed stubborn opinion. Cant say nothin until youve actually seen it.

A Transformers "fan" refusing to see hte live action transformers movie is just wrong!

13. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Sweeping away an argument with overused working class philosophy does not impress me, nor is it a suitable rebuttal.

Positive or Negative is an opinion. There should be no inherent respect for one over the other. It's not the same as treating another person a certain way - that's ridiculous. It's an opinion, you shouldn't like someone more because they LOVE Broccoli, and hate the next guy because he hates it.

It's just being a pissant drone who's emotionally relatability operates on a pre-juvenile level.

14. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Hold on, let me go into more depth here as I smell a great heaving pile of cack here.

Why is overdone negativity unacceptable, but not much greater levels of overdone positivity(like TFGravemaster or whatever his name was thinking it had no flaws whatsoever)?

Why is it immature to express negativity, but not positivity? I thought age begot cynicism?

Why is the world too negative? Have you not considered that the world is not a pleasant place, and the negativity is more than warranted? People putting on false smiles will only make things worse - that's half the problem with the world in the first place, and why I'm such a strong opponent not to opinion that the movie is good, but the sheer overwhelming sense of unquestioning love for the movie based on no real justification.

15. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
    I so agree with you on this. These days it feels exactly like that all over the net, no matter what site you visit.

I've already seen the movie twice in last two days, and seeing it again this Friday.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    People can bash all they want, as long as they actually see the movie so they know what they're talking about.

oh, and if they don't attack people and say they have no right to like the movie.

17. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Dude, you guys are such wimps! Why don't you just give it a chance? I was a little skeptical about it at first, and I wasn't sure that Michael Bay was the right man for the job. But it doesn't matter about the design of the characters, it matters who they represent, and I think it was done excellently! I'm totally glad I saw it.

18. Ktulu

News Credits:
    The world being an unpleasant place makes it ok for people to bitch about insignificant things such as a fucking movie not being made frame by frame to their expectations? I'm saying because it IS so negative we don't need to fucking make it any worse with our crybaby bitching because Optimus had lips or Spike being named Sam. Look, I said people can not like the fucking thing, I'm totally ok with that, I never said that I only think there should be overbearing positive attitudes, I'm just saying all the bitching and moaning is trivial and needless and that people could spend their time doing more positive things. I don't see how this makes me a "cack"

If you'd read any of my posts you'd even see I don't unquestionably love the movie, I have plenty of problems with it, but despite this, I can still walk away saying I like it.

19. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Yes, because that's exactly what I did. There's no bigger insult than taking someone's words out of context when you know exactly what was originally said since it was clarified in nice bold fonts for you several times.

20. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Simmer it down in here kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.