So who did NOT see the movie? and has no plans to?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    It was not a joke about how racist somebody is, it's a joke about somebody not knowing the definition of a word.

You can't just see certain words and get offended by them no matter what the context is.

And how dare you type the name of that monster, I'm complaining to the admins.

2. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Thats really a thin line you're drawing there. So what you're basically saying is that I'm wouldn't be a "real friend" of my best friend of 15 years, because I didn't go to a play he acted in.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You wouldn't? I sure as hell would - there would be no question.

What do you tell your friend when he asks if you went? Don't you think he would be the least bit offended when you told him you had zero interest in what he did? If I were your best friend of 15 years, I would be deeply upset if you couldn't even make it to one showing of something I was deeply involved in.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  4. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

Can i ask a few questions?

1. designs, there are many reincarnations and this is just another one. weve seen that G1,s dont work so something had to be done so it didnt look silly on the big screen. It had to move on to something new,whats wrong with them?

2. Story, seriously i love transformers G1 and the movie the most, i grew up on them, but the stories were about as strong as non alcoholic beer, whats wrong with the movie?

3. Artistic decisions, what do you mean by this?

iam not being silly these are serious questions iam asking.

5. BlackTrailerOps

I'm pretty sure you didn't make the joke, and are just making up an excuse to make the dude look good and defend your movie-loving friend. So who cares whether you cry to the admins that I typed the name Hitler, oops I typed it again. I called no one by the name therefore I did nothing wrong, so go ahead and make a fool of yourself by complaining to the admins. I don't mind. But hey if you're joking, yeah thats really funny you pretending to be a whiner, I'm loving that joke.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    So you're going to tell your friend:

"you know that big movie you worked on, that has the best CG in movie history, and is a huge summer blockbuster thats giving new life to the transformers, which I love? Well, its shit. all your hard work is fucking shit. its garbage, and I'm not gonna see it. the movie can go to hell."

THATS awesome.

he understood it perfectly. and I dont know ferret. he's not my friend. he could be though.

7. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    So, since it's his friends work, he's not allowed to have his own opinion? Erm...ok.

8. BlackTrailerOps

You see this guy and I are like brothers, and my real brother and I are always up in each others business. And neither of us mind that we're not, I guess we're not sensitive guys or something. But the fact of the matter is, I don't really like plays all that much, since we were best friends for like 11 years before he started acting in plays he knew that. So there wasn't a problem there, but you see we did so much stuff together that made our friendship stronger like having our own band and making films for school that if he didn't see me play a sport or I didn't see him act in a play, I wasn't a big deal. Friendships aren't based off of your supporting everything about someone, because no two people are the same so there will be at least 1 thing the other person might not support about that person. You can't really throw a guy under the bus and call him a bad friend because he didn't spend 8 or 9 bucks to go see a movie he thought would suck.

9. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

This is why I stay away from the Movie Forums…

[ON TOPIC]
    Haven't seen the movie yet. I'll be going tomorrow night, though. I didn't go right away to avoid all the commotion of the first days.

10. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I haven't seen it... yet. I have no plans to rusho out and see the movie. if it happens, it happens. if not, there's always dvd.

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I love G1 so much myself. True, it wasn't the perfect one but to my HONEST Opinion, it was the best line. True it is not 1984, it is the year 2007. Things needed to change, but I didn't expected this way of designs. I will try to answer your questions:

1. designs: Ok, so I think we can agree that the G1 designs were good for a cartoon or the comics. Fine. But I when I first saw the new designs, I was shocked. They were more aliens then Aliens. The exposed parts, the spike-iness of the their look. If you compare the Meteor from Armageddon, to Megatron or any other decepticons, you'll see the same amount of spikiness. So just because they are aliens, they need to have claws, chicken legs etc ? Why can't they look more Binal\Alt kind of robots ? So bottom line, the designs really didn't do it for me.

2. Story: Yeah.... I guess each Tf generation had stupid storylines. Fine, it is not shakespear but to write a story that is weak, only to be supported by superb visual effects ? I don't think so.

3. Artistic decisions: Let me just say two words on this one: Pimped Otimus. Just because the director thinks it is cool ? I guess that most of the artistic decisions are mainly embedded in the robots designs.

Thank you my friend.
    My friends that worked on the film didn't get offended at all. They actually respect my decision, because they know where it came from. That is true-friendship.

12. BlackTrailerOps

Well if thats the way I feel about it, then thats the way I feel about it, and I'm not gonna change who I am so one person will like me more. I've got a backbone, if you can't stand up for your opinion, then maybe you should grow one. But I know you've got one you've defended your opinion on this thread several times. Secondly this movie doesn't have the best CG in movie history, you've not seen a lot of recent movies then. Huge summer blockbuster, I believe Live Free or Die Hard is got better reviews then Transformers. Giving new life to Transformers, for myself Transformers will always have life. G1 is more then enough Transformers to sustain me for the next 100 years, then you toss Beast Wars on top of that and I think I could got for another 100 years after that. All you want to do is argue with people who didn't like the movie, and run around like your opinion matters more then everyone else's. This may come as a shock to you, but your crap does stink just like everyone else's and your opinion isn't worth a nickle more then mine.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If the friend works really hard on something, is proud of it, and really wants you to see what they did, then yes, I'd say throw the guy under the proverbial bus. They aren't a real friend.

Is $8 really worth disappointing a best friend?

Of course, if your friend truly doesn't care and you have come to an agreement, then that's a whole other story.

14. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

oh and it's pretty easy to lie about it too, since we're on teh INTERNET :D 

so yeah, if you don't want to see the movie - fine - don't.

but don't expect anyone to think you're cool for doing so.

15. BlackTrailerOps

8 bucks isn't anything between friends, but then again me not going to see a movie my friend isn't gonna stop us from being friend after 15 years. One thing I don't support him on isn't gonna get in the way for 15 years of supporting him on thousands of things. Thats just my opinion, and I'm its my friends opinion as well.

Well, for me, it wouldn't be an agreement thing, I just know he wouldn't have a problem with it. If he did, I would apologize that I hurt his feelings, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna change my stance.

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bear with me for a second, but aren't the TFs supposed to be aliens?

17. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I had no interest in any of the IDW stuff at first, but as soon as I heard my buddy Josh (burcham) coloring the comics, I immediatly decided to grab them, JUST because my friend worked on them. I wanted to show my respect to him and his hard work on the art. That's what friends do.

I love the work Josh does, and how awesome he makes the comics look, compared to all the other artist's colorings. He totally blows them away.

Same with the guys at ILM, they do AMAZING work. It doesn't matter if the designs suck or not, those guys made them look NICE!! they couldn't have done a better job with what they had to work with.

If you've got buddies working on stuff like this, you should definatly support them by going to see it.

18. OptimusPie

OptimusPie Active Member

those that aren't going are truly missing out. Its not perfect but Seein the Prime entrance and Prime talking to his men later on are worth the ticket alone

19. BlackTrailerOps

It was great to hear Cullen voice Prime again, but then at the same time for some reason it just wasn't the same voice as before. I know Cullen is older, but I don't think that was it, I think it was more so the voice effects they put on there were different from the cartoons effects.

20. BlackTrailerOps

Another thing you have to think about, is that these guys work for ILM. That doesn't necessarily mean they chose to work on Transformers, but that cool that they're getting to. Then again if I had a friend in a boy band, that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy every single one of his cds and go to every concert even though I don't like boy band music. Like I said before, I'll just find another way of expressing my support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.