So, who at IDW do we have to bug to get an official Autopedia book(s)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Mr. Sinister, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I was thinking about the old Dreamwave MTMTE profile books from back in the day, and then decided to read the hardcover Last Stand of the Wreckers when I happened across the Autopedia entries in the back. Why in the blue hell have we not had the opportunity to buy a profile book like this? I mean, at this point it seems like it should be a foregone conclusion but hey. Think about it: they could do two separate books--one for MTMTE, one for RID--and update them at the end of each six-month cycle since they seem to be introducing (or reintroducing in most cases) new characters/takes on characters every issue. Just start with the characters they already have and keep adding on from there.

Failing that, I'd want to see selections from Ironfist's "Wreckers: Declassified" in either comic prose or straight-up limited series.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    The fact that these things have to be constantly updated, thus rendering old copies and possible sales from TPBs more or less obsolete, makes it more likely we won't see anything like it. There's a reason Marvel and DC have stopped putting out Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe and Who's Who, most people will just refer to Wikipedia or other brand-centric wikis.

3. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    dreamwave had its own version of autopedia books, we could settle for those
    If there will be an autopedia book, it has to have events, badges, subgroups, weapons etc.
    and in a perfect world Ironfist will write it