So which aspect of the IDW Transformer Comics bug you the most?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Nov 18, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The IDW Transformer comics is a intresting TF universe of it's own. With new takes on old characters,ideas and such. But what aspect about it do you really dislike the most? Mine would be how it did the Fembots and Arcee. I know the Fembots in G1 didn't have a major role in the mythos excatly anf this was before fembots like TFP Arcee came in. But honestly the whole idea and premise of it was desturbing and the IDW version of Arcee. Jeez! She's the most nastiest insane character I've ever read in a Transformers book! If people thought the TFP Arcee was horrible than they should take a look at THIS version instead! The TFP Arcee at least had a moral compass and a consience to boot! I might be taking this too seriously and it tries to explain the lack of fembots on Cybertron in the IDW universe. Honestly I prefer the other universe's ideas of Fembots to this ANYDAY! So what are your pet peeves about the IDW Transformers comics?

2. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    I like the idea of the fembots in the IDW verse, I mean, they are robots, robots dont have gender. and after the stuff she went through with jhiaxus, she has a right to be insane. The only thing that bothers me about IDW is how Spike is such a douche.

3. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well I'm not comfortable about every fembot made this way is insane. Yeah what a way to attract female fans!:rolleyes2  Honestly I'm GLAD the TFP Arcee was never like this I mean would you want someone like THAT for a gurdian? It's your opinon and that's fine. I'm just not a fan of the idea that's all. I like the idea of Cybertron BOTH having male and female robots from the whole beginning with no genderless aspects a LOT more! And yeah Spike was kind of a jerk.

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    The inconsistant writing bugs me the most. We had a couple fantastic issues right before Chaos...but this Chaos story has just felt poorly written to me from the get-go. And that's a big part of the problem...some stories show the potential the title has and then it just falls off the rails...then gets back on track only to fall off again.

5. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

The TF comic should have been split into 2 books... 1 for the pre-movie TFs and the other for the post movie TFs.

The art sucks. What happened to the AHM art style?

6. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'm talking about the IDW G1 comics not the Movie comics.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have to say the consistently shitty, shitty, shitty artwork & coloring. There have been a couple of exceptions here & there, but overall it's just beyond horrible across the board 95% of the time. So bad in fact that IDW's stuff got me OUT of collecting TF comics.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    What bugs me most? Every time they do something good/right, they decided to abandon it in the next issue. I'm looking at you, Prowl...

9. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    The price

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Costa.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The constant reboots. I'm pretty sure we're heading into the third soft reboot at this point, which means IDW has had to perform some level of reboot on the G1 comic franchise roughly once every 2 years. Seems like every time I'm thinking about giving the IDW G1 continuity another chance, they're gearing up to reboot it again.

And it remains to be seen whether this one will have any effect on increasing the sales/quality of the books, or if it'll just all fall apart like the previous reboots.

12. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Personally i like costa

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like IDW overall. the only thing I could do without is that "Heart of Darkness" mini-series.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The inconsistancy. All of it. The alt modes, the storylines, the entire shabang.

After that, I'd say the complete abandonment of the original idea behind the Spotlights. Originally it was supposed to be Transformers that weren't going to normally get any limelight in what was essentially a stand alone story starring that character. Brilliant, brilliant idea, given the size of the entire Transformers roster. Instead we get Spotlights on Soundwave and Optimus Prime, Spotlights that tie into the ongoing story, etc.

Then giving in to the constant aping of the G1 cartoon rather then taking the time to establish the characters from their techs specs and developing them as real characters in a complex intergalactic war.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's the reboots for me as well. I just don't get it. I'm assuming the reason behind reboots is to try and increase declining sales (?) but I don't see the need for them when Transformers is such a rich franchise with mythos, brilliant characters, and potential for great story telling. I have enjoyed a lot of what IDW has put out in terms of Transformers, but at the same time their stories do leave a lot to be desired.

For example, All Hail Megatron was good, but the delivery was certainly weak at some points and the ending was lackluster at best. Again, a lot to be desired.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I think pretty much AHM got me to stop buying IDW stuff til Spotlight Prowl came out. I may chase it all down someday, but I've lost all motivation and drive to follow it since that reboot.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The OP is right. The way this universe handles fembots is just horrifying (in every respect). Love you Simon, but that's got to be your worst idea ever.

Also not a fan of the continuity screwups (especially AHM #1) and the "big" stories that are just confusing muddles (Chaos, to a lesser extent Revelation).

18. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    What other idea is there?

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, these would be it for me. The continuity screwups are annoying, and how defensive IDW has gotten over the continuity screwups (Denton Tipton's infamous retort) have made it all the more frustrating.

Another quibble is the lack of coordination between artists due to the artistic freedom IDW gave them (and in some cases I guess forced on some of them?)...thinking mostly here of the Bumblebee miniseries compared to the ongoing series and the changes in alt modes for characters in stories that were taking place at roughly the same time. It'd be like the different artists on the Spiderman or Batman titles all drawing Spiderman or Batman in different costumes in stories that all take place at the same time.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Which was...?