So, where would a Transformers 3 go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mrhillz, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Personally the only plot direction I see at this point would be Primus/Unicron, how about anyone else?

2. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to make a new thread, but here are some ideas:

Thoughts for 3rd movie:

Need to play up critical differences between human race & our tendencies and the robots. Although the robots are sentient they are different in their aggression behaviors, etc.
    This is used to help us learn more about ourselves as a human race.

A thorough fleshing out of the history of tf's including prime, cybertron, fallen, megatron, why low
    on energon etc. how they connect? why they exist?

also descript fleshing out of primes creator, ie-alpha trion??? vector sigma???

We need major character building of sam and mikaela, need to demonstrate they are becoming mature
    responsible adults as opposed to the teenagers in the 1st. ie-Mikaeala's aversion to stealing breaking
    from her father's teaching and inculcation. She can come to a point where she has the option of stealing, but rather chooses not to.

Only the dinobots (5) join the autobots and maybe one other sacred historic tf (Ultra MAgnus), no more. Leave our remainaing characters for further development incl. ironhide, ratchet, bee. Maybe add cliffjumper to the mix a red camaro. Devastator returns to fight against dinobots primarily.
    Dinobots surprisingly combine into larger opponent for devastator.

Same for decepts, add only a few new characters while significantly building upon the plethora of
    characters intro'd in rotf.

The war shifts from Earth to Cybertron, since revitalization of cybertron is central to ALL of the tfs
    motives. Earth will be a battleground, but main focus is now on cybertron.

Fallen aint coming back.

no more meaningless plot devices, like chards, all sparks etc.

Starscream will lead for short time after a deposed megatron is finally defeated.
    Other decepts do not take starscreams command seriously, perhaps megs becomes galvatron and
    assumes command.

Unicron is introduced and it is revealed he is neither autobot nor decept, but rather an independent actor w/cybertronian roots.
    He has systematically sucked most if not all energon in all nearby stars within the galaxy. Although many other stars exist they are too far to transport to cybertron. However, unicron contains great energy stores. But wants to destroy cybertron.
    He needs sentient robotic life within him to be slaves to keep himself sustained.
    Since unicron cannot control biological life, humans must attack him from within, although a sustained attack occurs within his interiors, ultimately bee acquires the matrix and opens it lighting their darkest hour and becomes the new prime destroying unicron in the process.

A decepticon at a key moment betrays the decept cause realizing their true inention and joins the autobots. This shows that decepts can be redeemed and not always permanently predisposed to evil.

Prime dies in the ultimate sacrifice near the end finally and defeating megatron and perhaps some more decepts, there is a power struggle among autobots although ironhide assumes command, he ultimately (ala-magnus) fails as leader. Bee is underestimated initially, but ultimately guides the autobots in their struggles proving he is a great leader, although not an offical leader (yet).

Bumblebee acquires the sacred Autobot matrix lighting their darkest hour and is upgraded to prime (harkens to line on rotf about matrix being "earned" rather than obtained). Bee now has a new powerful and commanding voice like his predecessor- no more cheesy songs. Since prime now is in the matrix, prime is always with him (like Obi Wan with luke). Bee's exo-strucutre changes dramatically to give him a new prime look and leads the autobots into a new golden age of cybertron with the decepts defeated and banished to outer reaches of the galaxy and war over on earth concludes.

Those energy stores within unicron, upon his defeat, are released and cybertron is revitalized.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The One tells Sam about Unicron, and Primus backstories.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope to god not - Primus/Unicron is such a boring story, and it would be even more unexplainable with the Live-Action series.

What I would like to see for a Transformers 3 is Megatron going all-out against Earth. Beaten twice by Prime and the 'fleshlings'. Megs launches a all-or-nothing, declaring war against the entire planet.

NEST would be stretched and the Autobots dispatched into seperate teams eg:

Prime/Ratchet in the US

Ironhide/Bumblebee to Australia

Sideswipe/New characters to Europe

Skids/Mudflap/Jolt sent to Russia

Lessen the revolvement around Sam, focus moreso on Epps and Lennox.

Of course some sort of final battle would need to take place between Prime and Megs, but have Prime kills Megs for good (or have Starscream assist in some way).

Perhaps a key plot point would be reviving the allspark *somehow* or something similar to make Cybertron inhabitable once again - then the TF's can leave earth, but use Spacebridge technology to return/give Humans access to Cybertron.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    For the big "WOW" factor in the 3rd one, they must have autobots arriving in the Ark. At least have the Ark crash land into the Paramount logo at the beginning of the film.

Soundwave returns with an earth mode and minions.

6. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

The direction I'd like to see hasbro go is to pack their bags and take their properties to Marvel Studios and pretend these first two movies never happened.

7. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Most of all, I'd really like to see some Decepticons that DON'T get their asses handed to them by humans. I'd also like to see more Decepticons as everyday vehicles. This would bring in the possability of having the stunticons, although the downside to that is the way I'd imagine a movie Menesar would be with wheels instead of legs, which would make at least the 6th time it would be done.

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Here's what I want in Transformers 3...

*Soundwave, in satellite mode, viewing footage of Bumblebee killing Ravage
    *Soundwave transforming into a Cybertronian jet and storming down to Earth
    *Soundwave getting an Earth mode (preferably an Apache or other big helicopter)
    *Soundwave dispatching Rumble and Lazerbeak
    *Rumble being a bit taller than the average human, much bulkier than Frenzy
    *Lazerbeak being about the size of a bald eagle and able to unleash machine gun havock
    *Rumble and Lazerbeak NOT getting killed
    *Soundwave NOT getting killed (I will hate Michael Bay and the writers forever if he gets killed)
    *Soundwave getting the ultimate revenge on Bumblebee for killing Ravage
    *Jolt and Sideswipe getting a lot of screentime
    *Arcee and Purple get revived and them and Chromia combine into a sports car (like the Twins' ice cream truck)
    *Wheeljack
    *Shockwave
    *Dinobots
    *Blitzwing and Lugnut (keep their Animated personalities)
    *And, finally, I love Starscream NZ's ideas, except for Megatron getting killed

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see the plot of the next movie deal with Optimus and company finding out about the "hatchling"/"protoforms" Megatron has on Mars and trying to find some way to rescue them, preventing them from being forcibly recruited into the Decepticons. Wheelie mentions in RotF that he didn't realize they had a choice about which faction to join, so I'd like to see the Autobots attempt to give them that freedom. This movie would take the TFs into space, along with some members of the human NEST team, also allowing them to face off against Soundwave. This movie would focus more on Lennox, Epps and NEST, with a subplot about Sam trying to have a semi-normal life now that his identity is "outed" in RotF.

- New characters to be used/introduced - Sky Lynx (Autobot, space plane/cargo pack), Astrotrain (Decepticon, space shuttle), Cosmos (Autobot, satellite), Cyclonus (Decepticon, space cruiser)

10. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I agree with the above with the ending panel of the comic adaptation in mind (Megatron rising an army of protoforms), and also thinking that Unicron/Primus would be going too far. Also I'd like them to downplay the artifacts this time aswell.

But what I fail to see is how this could be made into a coherent plot - I mean, ROTF wasn't that coherent but that was due to it being too top heavy and slightly over convoluted plot wise, whereas GIANT ROBOT ARMY v earth is a tad shallow.

There would need to be some explantation for coming back to Earth beyond simply getting revenge. Personally I think the whole looking for a new source of energy thing has been done to death over the last two movies, never mind the last 25 odd years, so I'd like to see something different, possibly related to the fact that Optimus now realises what he is (the last in the line of Primes). Like Megatron needs Primes spark to... power the Nemesis, which he gets (Prime dies again oh noez). Nemesis comes to earth a la Independence Day, climactic battle in which... well I don't want to say Prime is resurrected, and I don't want to say someone becomes the leader after absorbing Primes spark or the matrix or something, because that is trodden ground. Starscream kills Megatron while engaged in battle with the Autobots, making him the first Screamer ever to accomplish anything. Then he is defeated by whoever they have chosen to lead the autobots (and no Matrix passing/being chosen - just like the next highest ranking, although as this is Ironhide AFAIK, they'd probably get someone in from outter space a la Elite Guard)

11. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Primus/Unicron, visit to Cybertron...

US government turns on the aliens.

Either way I want to see humans on Cybertron.

12. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

Gotta get off earth and go into space.

13. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    as long as theres more:bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  and decepticons killing autobots instead of the other way i think it'll work

14. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

I agree. I think it should get away from most of the humans. The Transformers were developed enough in this one just conversing with each other in the absence of people. Sam and his dad should go with the Autobots into space.

I understand why G1 season 3 happened now. The formula gets a little stale. I think we know the Bots well enough now to solely focus on them.

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    TF3 : Optimus gets married and has 3 kids and a dog.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Starscream spawns the Seeker army out of the protoforms
    Megatron declares war on earth and the Autobots
    Shockwave arrives as science officer
    Soundwave arrives to intercept strike commands from the earths armies
    Other Decepts are background cannon fodder
    Prime and Megs have final showdown (obviously)
    Lots of action and front line convo

17. SkiZoR

SkiZoR Active Member

All this primus and unicron for 3rd movie is nonsense , have megatron call out to all his decepticon forces thru out the galaxy and launch and all out war on earth to conquer it ,or destroy it , prime would call his backup have just a all out war on earth , having a primus unicron story is just ridiculous

18. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think Megatron going all-out against Earth would be the way to go. What I liked about ROTF is that it almost put a cap on The Sam and Mikaela thing, so now we can focus on more bots/human interactions. I personally would like the first half of the next one to be about the Decepticons preparing their troops, and the Autobots just interacting with humans. Then the second half could all be exlposions and robots punching each other.

19. Bilbo Boxhead

Bilbo Boxhead Geewunners GTFO

No Primus/Unicron. Autobots restore Cybertron to its original self.

20. scottimusprime

scottimusprime i have a license for that

How about finding out what happened to missing characters. Like barricade!