So where were you on 9/11?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eric, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Much to my shock, no one's posted this yet. Today marks the 7th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. So, I ask you...where were you on September 11th, 2001?

I was in my math class back in the 6th grade. We were doing work when my teacher told us that a plane just crashed into a building in NYC. At first I dismissed it, thinking it was bogus. Later when I went home, it was true. My whole family was home, and we were watching footage on CNN of the two planes crashing into the WTC buildings, and the one plane that crashed into the Pentagon. While I didn't know anybody from New York, I was upset at those who lost their lives in the attacks. All those innocent people just going about their lives, thinking everything's fine, everything's alright, but then they die in an instant. No one saw it coming. If I ever live to be 100, I will tell my grandchildren, and maybe my great grandchildren that America would forever be changed by this infamous event...

Here's a video by one of our members, Jux, that is a tribute to 9/11: YouTube - 9/11 Tribute

GOD BLESS AMERICA

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I remember exactly where I was. I was at home that day because I had caught a stomach virus two days before. I didn't have the TV on and I didn't find out until later that day. Shit like that was almost unheard of and it just came out of nowhere.

3. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I was in either 2nd or 3rd period, and when I walked into the room the TV was on. The first plane had already crashed, but not the 2nd one yet. I was pretty shocked, and have family in New York

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was on my way to work, with my dad. :( 

It was a genuine, but unfortunate moment with him that I'll never forget.

5. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was stationed at a Naval base in Virginia Beach at the time. That has got to be the weirdest day of my life.

Up until that day I had never seen military planes flying over US soil fully armed. And I hope I never see it again.

6. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I was at School, 5th year. When I heard it I thought it was some small plane, but when I got home I was dumbstruck. It was such an alien event. Nothing has come close.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For some reason I was home with my son (then 2) and I turned the TV on to put a video on for him, and that's when I knew. I held my kid and cried, and he knew that somehow he wouldn't get to watch the video.

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I was working in Versailles, KY at the time and listened to the towers fall live on the radio. When the first one came down the reporter on the scene was in absolute shock. One moment he was describing the scene, there there was the horrible white noise and people screaming in the background.

All I really wanted to do was get home and be with my family but they made us stay at work. I had an hour drive home and listened to reports on the radio all the way.

One of the main things I remember was listening to the radio that morning around 6:30 am or so on the way to work and Christy Lee from the Bob and Tom show commenting on what a slow news day it was...

9. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Dropping my coworkers off at Logan Airport to get on a plane.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Isnt this asked every year? I was going to history class my freshman year of college when a guy I knew told me. At the time, I didnt think it was that big a deal; of course when I went to a friends apartment for lunch and saw it on the news, it WAS a big deal.

11. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was at home watching the evening news with my wife. it was shown live when one of the towers came crashing down. it was the most shocking thing i've ever seen in my entire life. :( 

& as a Muslim till this day i'll always feel ashamed by the actions of the 9-11 hijackers. i hope for what they did to those innocent people, they get the most brutal & severest form of punishments in the eternal pits of hell!! GOD DAMN THEM!!! :mad 

12. drkngrusum

drkngrusum Well-Known Member

I just got done watching, of all things, Transformers :RID. was chanel hopping untill I came across a picture of one of the towers smoking. That's when the other plane hit.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I was sleeping. This was back in college in Vegas.

My sister called me from Taiwan telling me to turn on the TV. After being in absolute shock for about 5 minutes, I finally came to my senses and tried calling a longtime friend of mine who worked in the WTC.

Started freaking out when I couldn't get through but of course I didn't realize that all lines were probably down in NYC.

So I emailed him instead and a few days later he emailed back saying he was fine. Apparently he left the building about half an hour before the plane struck.

But throughout this time I just laid down in front of the TV and couldn't move. I missed classes for a week.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Tuesday was the day I could sleep in before going to my classes so I was asleep when it started. I still lived with my parents at the time so my mom came in and woke me up to tell me what had happened. I turned on my TV about a minute and a half before the first tower fell. I watched the news until I had to go to class. That was one of the weirdest feelings ever...walking around campus and going to classes everything was practically silent, and it was eerie not seeing any sky traffic. All that is still vividly burned into my mind. Crazy.

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I was trying to watch Regis and Kelly.

16. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Ditching class. Much like I did everyday in college. Only this time it was excused.

17. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I got home from trying to vote (the city doesn't hold primary elections, I didn't know that at the time). I turn on the tv to the ABC station. I see the towers on fire. I think "wow nice special effects". I turn it to the next channel and swear. I watched it till I went to work.

My cousin is a civilian employee at the Pentagon, so when I saw that get hit I got very worried for her and her kids. Turns out she wasn't even there at the time, and was safe.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was sitting in a computer lab at college surfing the net posting on message boards till it was time for class to start. I heard someone mention that a plane had crashed into the WTC. I thought it was some dumbass pilot of a Cesna or something. Then the news started coming in. Like most people I thought it must have been an accident. Then the second hit. Class that day was very awkward.

Now today I'm back at the same university getting a Degree in finance and am sitting in a computer lab posting on a message board....

I kinda remember that. Really awkward shows for a week. Nothing but news info. No comedy nothing...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    On a Beach in Crete.

We got back to the house and wondered why the same film was showing on every TV channel. Then the second plane hit and suddenly it was OMG.

Batshit insane. I ended up spending a long time trying to contact a friend I knew worked in the WTC. Thankfully she was on the Subway and had to walk all the way back to Jersey that day.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    The DC Metro area is mess today. Roads closed, high alert, etc, etc.

We've had quite a number of planes and helicopters fly around the past two days too.