So, where the hell did the Fallen come from?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MrSoundwaveGuy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    The Fallen really seems to come out of no where. Has he always been with the Cons? Where was he during the events of the first movie? Where the hell has he been the whole time after the Primes hid the Matrix? How's he end up on the moon or Mars or whatever planet it is Megatron goes to after being resurected? How's Megatron know where the Fallen is after being brought back. I mean seriously, the biggest plot hole in the film is the title character! The film tells you absolutely nothing about where this guy came from

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The movie really should have touched upon the sarcophagus idea from Defiance.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He came from Cybertron, and was biding his time / dormant during the first movie. He's been chilling in the Sol solar system (conceivably) since the Primes hid the Matrix. I believe a lot of this is covered in the prequel comics series, but it was my understanding that the Fallen contacted Starscream, and then put into motion his plans to resurrect Megatron. The Fallen had been in contact with Megatron through remote means for a long time, and had helped spark the great war.

4. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Very True. It is probably they designed Movie 1 without him in mind, and then they decided they needed a new villain to practically set up Megatron.

Yes, he is just there, sitting there. They said he was defeated by his Brothers, but then what?

I realize there is a ton of things in the Comics, but it is very confusing.

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    France, possibly.

6. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

He looked like he was on some kind of life support when they first show him. So he was probably sitting there calling the shots in secret.

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *random piss and moan about the movie and a plot hole that I'm too lazy to research.*

It is explained in the books/comics if you want to find the answer.
    There should have been some back story for the guy in the movie for those too lazy to look things up.
    But starting yet another thread about it is useless.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original idea was that he had been trapped outside of this dimension by the final act of his brothers, and was able only to communicate through an ancient relic. As covered in the "Defiance" comics, this sarcophagus was unearthed on Cybertron, and the Fallen made contact with Megatron through it, corrupting him and leading to the birth of the Decepticons. The Fallen arranged for Decepticons to be sent out to search for the solar harvester, and had his sarcophagus loaded onto one of the ships. That ship crashed on Mars/Saturn/that planet/WHATEVER, and there he lay until the events of the film, when - through means entirely unexplained in either the comics or the novel - the uncovering of the harvester freed him.

The finished movie got rid of the sarcophagus idea, and so it seems as if the Fallen has just been sitting on that planet for a couple thousand years. Unfortunately, by ditching this idea, it means that VERY little of "Defiance" could have actually happened in the movie-verse as it appeared on the comic page, so this isn't even one of those times where you can say "it's in the comics," because they don't line up with the film very well at all on this.

9. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Yeah! I really pissed off that they dropped that idea.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was always hiding from the surviving Prime's face-taking menace obviously.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

Primus created fallen and his 12 brothers on planet cybertron in ancient time before modern time autobots came

12. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    This.

13. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Before Kickback or Sledge gets to it.

14. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much....
    But seriously though, I would say it's in the comics. It makes the most sense AND it's the only real story we got.

15. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    In the beginning, the AllSpark made its first creations - the original Primes. The Primes realized the AllSpark needed refueling, and discovered the energy from a dying star could do so. The Primes needed a means to collect the energy, and on cue, the AllSpark created the first Transformers.

Jetfire, (presumably the original) Mixmaster, and Demolishor were present, and Jetfire was one of the Seekers - a group of basically SWAT team bots who looked for a star. The Constructicons would build a machine to collect the energy - the Harvester.

This practice went on for some time, but soon, one of the Primes wondered - what if all the AllSpark's energy was not shared? What if... only ONE controlled the energy?

Said Prime began to build a Harvester on Earth, with Jetfire as his second lieutanant, only for the Primes to get wise and confront their traitorous brother. Jetfire too late realized with horror he was on the wrong side, but was teleported somewhere unknown with the Constructicons.

The Primes began to fight each other, with the traitor eventually losing the battle. However, the traitor destroyed the sarcophagus's the Primes' lifeforce were stored in. The Primes retook the Matrix of Leadership, and all but one of them came together to make a tomb of their own bodies on Earth to hide it. The final brother, with the power of the other Primes, sealed the traitor in his own sarcophagus, trapping him in another dimension.

The final brother joined his deceased brothers in the "Tomb of the Primes", and since then, the traitor, for his terrible deeds, was forever known as "The Fallen."

Thousands of years passed, and Optimus' science team uncovered The Fallen's sarcophagus on Cybertron. Cybertron came under attack by aliens, and the relic was moved to Megatron's quarters on his request. Megatron returned from the raging battle to his quarters, feeling as if something was calling him. As Megatron scraped off some dirt on the relic, he collapsed from his injury. As he lay dying, the relic moved ever so closer...

Later on, the relic awoke Megatron, who found himself fully recovered. Megatron's eyes were looked into by the relic, and left his eyes tinted red for the rest of his life. Megatron declared war on the aliens who attacked them, and led an attack of genocide on the species, wiping them all out.

Meanwhille, Optimus broke into Megatron's quarters, looking for answers as to explain Megatron's rage. He soon left, but the relic later told Megatron of the intrusion. Megatron declared dicatorship, and founded the Decepticons under the relic's rule. The Decepticons built the Nemesis, a starship that would search for the Matrix and the Harvester. Soundwave led most of the Decepticons off of the planet in the ship, with the relic in tow.

Even more thousands of years later, Megatron left the planet chasing the AllSpark, but received a distress signal from the Nemesis. He investigated the ship, and found it abandoned and devastated. He found the relic, and told of the AllSpark's departure. The relic ordered Megatron to follow the AllSpark, as it will lead them to the Harvester.

Apparently, by ROTF, The Fallen escaped the relic, albeit confined to a life-support system on the crashed Nemesis. Upon Megatron's death, Starscream became The Fallen's new protege, and so, ROTF begins.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    He kinda just "Fell" in.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    He's from uhhh, the North Pole.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Would not have been able to hold the interest of the general viewing audience.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Simon Furman's mind.

20. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Meh. I feel like I got my typing exercise for the day with all that. ;)