So where are the new legends/scouts for RTS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oh_Slag, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Oh_Slag

Oh_Slag Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seent hem anywhere. Is Hasbro having difficulties or something, or is the weather slowing down these from hitting shelves sooner?

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

IMO, RTS and Generations has suffered greatly from poor distribution.

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    No one knows where the RTS Legends, Scouts and Voyagers are at. I would also say it might be the weather, but it hasn't stopped the Deluxes from reaching the stores. Especially considering we are now on wave 2 of the RTS deluxes.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I think it is a retailer issue. Yesterday I went to my local Walmart who just pulled out SIX CASES of Battle Ops Bumblebee. And the stack was dated November 13,2010.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if a LOT of people get shafted on some new products because retailers backlogged themselves into oblivion.

5. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i completely agree with you (about the retailers backlogging issue). But I have to wonder why the on-line stores (or even HTS) don't have them either. The PCCs are long overdue too. It seems like the Dinobot wave barely hit retail at Thanksgiving, then disappeared, and as far as I know Skyhammer and Heavytread never hit either.

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Thanks for this....because I was going to ask if HTS ever got them in. :D 

They really need to get their stuff sorted out. Ever since Generations and HFTD lines started this past summer, distribution has been complete and utter shit. Those resets that the retailers themselves did at that time slowed things down. But TRU, and especially Target, have managed to keep the pace up with the deluxes.

7. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Same in my neck o da woods we havent had a restock on scout waves in 2 months, all da deluxes are the elite 1 , side swipe wave etc all the pegs crammed to da gills, and like yall said target and tru keepin up wit da delux, Ive only found reveal early before christmass at khols...

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Amen!

I've also been wondering where the legends and scouts are for RTS. I've given up on Wal-Mart getting them, since apparently they just can't rid of all the Hailstorms, Tuner Mudflaps, and Electrostatic Jolts they have. But I figured by now, Target would have had them, or at least the online stores.

Might it be because the HftD scouts and legends just don't move off the shelves? I don't think I can remember seeing them budge off their pegs anywhere.

9. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

One thing's for sure...they are not in my collection.

If it weren't for online retailers, I would still be stuck at Hailstorm right about now.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen this myself, but I've heard of some Targets clearancing out the Scouts. I'm guessing this is the smaller stores but who knows.

11. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Fear not, it'll pick up. It's like this most Januarys and Februarys. If you'll notice the entire toys sections, stores are slow to restock much of anything.

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    It would not suprise me if the missing stuff popped up on HTS soon. It's gotta be sitting somewhere.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's fair to say that Reveal the Shield has been totally screwed on distribution. Probably has something to do with the fact that there are still tons of HftD Deluxes everywhere.

Generations has actually been fairly easy to find in my city, I've seen most on pegs. (Granted, I had already bought the ones I really needed...but it did come in time to let me change up or drop some BBTS orders.)

14. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    I have a bad feeling the same thing is going to happen here with the last scout class of Cosmos, Warpath, Brawn, ect... many of us may never see these at retail. One reason why I think is the cost of a scout, it's too close to Deluxe for what is a much smaller figure. Not to mention when deluxe goes on sale all the time, most people would rather spend 9-10 on a deluxe than 7-8 on a scout.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you guys know the best way to fix this is buy the toys clogging your pegs right now?

16. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

I'm not spending money on toys I already have, just in order for retailers to stock newer product.

I'll do as I have pretty much been doing for the past few months now, and that is to buy online.

17. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HTS is subject to the same backlogging issues any other store would be. Keep in mind, HTS is most likely not actually run by Hasbro, but by a company contracted by Hasbro to provide such an outlet, and buys stock from Hasbro just like anyone else would.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lolwut

Anyone who does this...get help. You either have OCD, way too much money, or both.

19. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

HTS makes new stock available as it arrives, however. Walmart makes new stock available once old stock has been sold.

That's why online retailers have been able to get the new stuff out to folks more efficiently.

I'm wondering where these mystery waves go. Hasbro has always said they make about the same number of each wave, yet there are waves like Skystalker's NEST wave that never show up anywhere and wind up being super rare.

Where do these toys go? I was hoping to see that wave pop at Marshalls/TJ Maxx during the Christmas season, but no dice.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I want to know what happened to Windcharger, Grapple, and Lugnut