So when the movies are done...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    What happens? Will Transformers continue as strongly and epicly as it has been doing lately, with 2-3 toylines at once, season 3 G1 characters, etc. or do you think it'll slow down a little?

Also, if you think this is more of a General Discussion topic, then mods please feel free to move it

2. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I see it as leaving more room open for Prime toys, comic varients, War for Cybertron, Generations, and whatever else is on the horizon.

A lot of people would say getting rid of movie styled TFs is a good thing.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    getting rid of the style could be good-im just worried it'll lose the attention and Hasbro will end up "slacking off"

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd hate if they dropped the visual aesthetic, that's a big reason I like the movies. I also like wheel bots and other oblong shapes, it gives them a lot more diversity. I honestly would like if they kept it in the same continuity, just different (better) stories, different director, maybe take the fight back to Cybertron or other planets.

EDIT: WOOOW Totally misread the first post, too tired. I think TFs will still be strong, it may not have a movie every two years, but the thing with TF, compared to G.I. Joe and all them, it's never died. TFs have always been alive in some form, and it looks like the 'Prime' Continuity will reign for a good long while.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not me. :( 

Far from it. Without movie support Hasbro will have to work harder to keeps TFs in the spotlight. It's their most profitable brand.

Though really, I just can't imagine Hasbro not making anymore Transformers movies, even if it's not the same universe or style.

6. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    With the movies gone Transformers can only get BETTER.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    More for room on the horizon and then a reboot of the film franchise in about 5-15 years.

8. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Me either. I like *most* of them.

As far as Transformers as a brand losing steam? It might slow down, of course, but its been going for long enough now that it is a household franchise. Even if the movies stop - there is something to take their place. Hasbro is already pushing Prime. Another WFC is being made. The IDW comics are still there.

The Bay movies are just one segment of the Transformers realm. Although a rather big chunk of that realm, I don't see it being the make-or-break part for Transformers as a whole.

Of course they can always make more too.

9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have little doubt that within the next 5 years we will see another TF film. Just because this is likely to be Bay's last TF film doesn't mean Hasbro OR Paramount are going to let a successful film franchise stop.

You milk that cash cow till it's dry. Then you make a crappy prequel.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its gonna be interesting thats for sure.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's the exact same thing that is happening with the "Pirates" movies. If (and I'm not 100% convinced he's done) Bay steps away from the franchise, it seems most likely another director will simply step in.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    after the movies done, there wont be much for me in the frnachsie Since IM ONLY SEEING THE MOVIES, But i will be still be colelcting toys.

But if they reboot the mvoies im an fully 100% transfan AGAIN

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Hey! I like the "Pirates" movies [and the fourth is not a prequel, and is looking pretty cool actually].

But yeah, if Bay refuses to do a sequel, probably someone else will take his place, However, I doubt that Bay will lose his trademark franchise [Transformers IS the most famous and succeful thing that Michael Bay did in his entire life, probably] just to keep his word.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I get the feeling the series will drop into obscurity once again, and kind of have a slump like during AEC, but the lines will still be going strong. Of course, without the movies, Hasbro wn't be getting a whole ton of money to spend like they are now, but still, there'll be Transformers Prime and WFC games for years to come.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Will Transformers fade away just because they don't have a new movie coming out? Just pop down to your local toy store and ask them if they have any toys related to some old movies called Star Wars.

Transformers is a brand that ran for decades before there was a live action film so it has those elements that kids are going to be drawn to even if there isn't some movie line for the toys.

For Hasbro it's something to help push their new Hub network so you know Hasbro will be pushing hard to have Transformers products on the shelves that retailers are going to want.

As to the movie style disappearing, it's not going to totally disappear. I think we will be seeing elements of it mixed into the toy line for years to come. The wilder weirder stuff might go since kids seem like they are relating to a human shape better, but little things like detailing should stick around. With any luck great looking vehicle modes will stick around as well.

And heck one day Hollywood will be out of ideas so a new series of Transformers will get a green light because Hollywood loves a hedged bet on something that made them money in the past.

16. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay & Paramount/Dreamworks will take a break for a while that is for sure to figure out in what direction to continue with TF since TF3 will close the original trilogy, but you can definitely bet they will leave TF3 open enough at the end like Hollywood has done with other successful film franchises just to let fans & the public know they are not gone for good especially because of how much cash in total the current films have made while in the theaters worldwide & in DVD/Blu-ray sales.

17. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take a look at Spiderman...I'm no fan of the Movies but if Bay did one cool thing is he made Transformers a money making machine..

They be a reboot or have a new story, as long as I sells tickets they will live on.
    Seems to me that there just scratching the surface..I bet well get to Cybertron one day, see a city TF, Dinobots and Air Dog Fights! Maybe not in TF3 but well see it on the big screan one day for sure.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If Hasbro only had Transformers then maybe, just maybe if things went really bad they wouldn't have resources for some big Transformers push somewhere down the road. But Hasbro has loads and loads of brands like GI Joe, Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars, Nerf, and other brands that bring in money year after year.

If Hasbro thinks a brand needs an injection of money to take advantage of some change in the market they have it. How else would Hasbro be able to make new brands if they only put the money back into the toy that make that dollar.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I personally think hasbros main focus in lieu of a new live TF movie will be Transformers Prime.

I suspect that hasbro will still want a presence in the movie theatres, so hopefully we'll get an all CG tf movie (and hopefully based in the Prime universe) if a live action reebot/sequel doesn't materialise.

I also expect Classics (or whatever it will be called) will still carry on.

20. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

This , but Im unsure about reboot becuase a new director comes in and he changes transformers and people gonna start nitpicking again about the designs and of course there gonna be humans (facepalm).