So when the dust settles (a FE Prime thread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Not the guy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of all the hype buying going on right now, which of the FE molds will command the highest value as time marches forward? I personally think it's going to be Bulkhead since we haven't seen his RiD replacement but I could be wrong. Not trying to start anything just gathering opinions.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I'm guessing they'll eventually make a better Prime, be it a leader or other voyager in the future, so Prime will go down in value.

BB will get repainted a billion times, no worries.

Cliffjumper will get released in the zombie deco, so those who want a clean version will probably keep the FE one in demand.

Arcee is probably going to get a better mould in RID [probably], so that should go down too.

Starscream I don't suppose many will prefer the deluxe over the new voyager, unless it REALLY sucks.

Bulkhead had a new figure coming up, it's in the air as we haven't seen even a gray test shot yet.

So, Cliffjumper and *maybe* Bulkhead will command higher prices.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bulkhead for sure. Very well reviewed, very show-accurate, very popular character and, oh yeah , SHORTPACKED in a PHANTOM WAVE!

This guy makes Lucky Draw figs look obtainable. Also, unlike Cliff, he's actually IN the show!

4. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gotta go with Bulkhead...cliffjumper is dead

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Doesn't necessarily preclude CJs mold being used again.

6. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, Takara Vehicon. Maybe Starscream, somehow the smaller deluxe version seems to work, would be too skeletony (word?) as a Voayger imo.

i dunno to sum if the molds change, any of them could be worthwhile.

Im thinking of grabbing another NYCC set too, pink Arcee, come on!

7. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta agree Bulkhead. Even now, you can pop into the sales forum and find multiple sources for FE Prime and Cliffjumper. Good luck finding a Hasbro Bulkhead anywhere.

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Is it possible that Bulk being shortpacked will translate into the RID version being a retool of the original mold, rather than a newone?

9. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Well...

I'd say, in the long run, Cliffjumper.

My reasoning against Prime or Bulkhead is that they've got the best chance of actually being released eventually. They were cancelled because a gimmicky version is going to be released. However, I wouldn't be surprised if in a refresh line, or once Prime moves away from the gimmickry, they'll release the FE molds.

The Deluxes, however, have no reason to be released. If Hasbro went through the effort of making new molds then presumably they're not planning on reusing the old ones. Maybe the old ones cost too much to make or assemble, I'm not sure. But I'd wager we'll only be seeing the RiD Deluxes.

Arcee, BB, and Starscream all got pretty wide releases. Plus Arcee's RiD mold looks like it may be an improvement. Although Starscream might wind up particularly desired, since we've seen very little of the Voyager mold and it still wasn't tremendously easy to find compared to, say, Bumblebee.

Vehicon got the worst release, but at the same time, it's the only one that is almost unanimously considered inferior to the RiD version.

That pretty much leaves Cliffjumper. Mayyyyyyyyybe Starscream.

This is, naturally, pure speculation.

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Arcee, Bulkhead and Cliffjumper I could see attaining more value. Also the takara exclusive vehicon release may remain popular.

After seeing a review of that First edition voyager prime. I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. Practically its the same scheme as the deluxe. And Its got the right colors and silhouette. But the photos are very misleading to the vehicle seemlines, and rubbery parts. I think he's more worth $20 than $60. And I'll be happy to pick up the Robots in Disguise version which is more pose able. I'll Just swap the weapons out. If hasbro finds a venue for those takara prime minicons I'll have a reason to grab them.

So I'll pick up the RIobots in disguise voyager Prime to display with the Robots in disguise mainline, and the Robots in disguise weaponizer Leader to display with my first editions.

Now which clearance human alliance basic should I pick up for voyager primes weapon? :) 

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Voyager Bulkhead. IMO he's going to be the run away leader in high pricing, scalping bait, etc.

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking forward a year from now, I don't think their will be much talk about this topic or these figures at all. Attention spans are incredibly short and once we have a year of Prime figures at retail to make up for the butt sore sting of Hasbro's recent yanking of FE product, I don't think people will give a bunkus about it.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yep. This right here. Also, I'm pretty sure we'll see the figures or molds pop up somehow. And... Wait till the next series comes out. Prime figure prices will nosedive.

14. Soundwinder

The only thing is I think this is shaking the fanbase's faith in Hasbro as a whole. DotM itself wasn't handled very well and this indicates to me that Hasbro is not learning from its past mistakes. T

Will we care about the FE figures a year from now? Probably not. Will we have trouble trusting Hasbro's practices? Maybe. Especially if Hasbro keeps this up.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love a repacked F.E Bulkhead or a new mold that's good.

More likely neither will happen.

16. Soundwinder

As previously stated, I think FE Bulkhead will come out eventually.

And even if he doesn't, the new mold version will probably be less of a disaster than the other RiD... the rest have been rushed out but I'm hoping that Bulkhead is getting the development time that he (and Prime, and Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper...) needs.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Let's wait and see at Toy Fair first.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Anybody remember about that BB/Starscream 2-pack from UK toy fair that uses the FE molds? We can always hope they'll do something similar with Cliffjumper/Vehicon.

19. Soundwinder

I would buy it.

They're the only FE figures I really wanted.

20. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Scalpers are rejoicing with Bulkhead!