so what's the real reason people hate Walmart?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Nov 22, 2009.

1. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

I don't shop at walmart because their commercials annoy the hell out of me.

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

No issues for me, I prefer to shop at Target though. The closest one to me has some rather poor customer service and a really bad habit of leaving expired products on the shelf. But in my area theres always another Wal Mart less than 15 minutes away.

Also, most critical documentaries are pretty one sided. All the scandals you hear from Wal Mart happen at other places just as much.

3. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

I just hate the crowds.

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I love Walmart. I'm white trash like that.

The most adorable thing ever was Dirge121's first time in a Walmart. He was so amazed, it was too cute. I think it was mainly the dollar signs on price tags though...

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I don't like their publicity, selection and service.

6. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I hate walmart because the media tells me to

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, tossing in my hat with the "I worked at walmart" group. I pulled a tour in toys during the Christmas season, and without any sarcasm I can say it was a blast. I totally understand where Kickback is coming from about insane customers though. I recall one customer angrily said that she would "take her business elsewhere" because we didn't have the product she was looking for. How I was expected to give her something I physically did not have, or why I was expected to mind when she decided to go somewhere that did, depriving us of the sale we could never have made anyway, I know not.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The thing that urked me the most in retail was explaining certain deals to customers. Thick headed arseholes.
    Like an item that normally sells for $15, but one week we'll have a 2 for $20 deal.
    There's always someone who tries to buy only one for $10, and it does'nt work that way.
    Even worse when they make a scene about it.

That rule "The customer's always right" has been thrown out the window long ago.

9. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Not to get off topic (from Walmart) but I was once a manager of a Gamestop. I remember the Christmas rush while working there...nothing out of the ordinary (all retail workers have to deal with the rude and snide comments), but the day after Christmas our gift card system went down. Heck of a day for that to happen. Total chaos.

So glad I am not in retail anymore.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I personally don't hate Wal-Mart. My local Wal-Mart is pretty darn good. I never had any problems with the employees, but that's because I know for the most part where everything that I need is at and even if I can't find anything that I'm looking for, I either come back another time to see if they have it or go someplace else. And I don't have anything against the prices they put on stuff; if the price is marked up differently than what the item was said to be priced at, I would care less as I would buy whatever I need no matter what the price is.

11. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You mean this:

Editted because of the boobies. The sweet, delicious boobies.

It's a good episode. I shop at both Walmart and Target. I have no beef with either?

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Walmart needs a mascot, unless that smiley face is it?

Go pick on Geoffrey & Target dog, have a bully day

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As soon as you can point me toward another place where (in one stop) I can get groceries, baby stuff, electronics, books, furniture, clothes, shoes, prescriptions, toys, sporting goods, automotive supplies, office supplies, and lawn and garden stuff, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

It's trendy-cool to hate on the big guy.

14. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    The one that's closest to my house is:

1. Dirty, despite some cleaning crews around. Black stuff, looking like old gum, is everywhere. You stick to the floor in many places. Strangely, in sections you wouldn't think of, like housewares.

2. Poorly organized. It's like they stock a shelf then walk away never to touch it again until it's time to restock. Toys in the grocery section, food in the electronics section, etc. When you ask someone to help find something they get pissed (see 3). I understand they are stressed and busy, but maybe if they'd keep their shelves in some order then customers wouldn't be bugging them as much.

3. Full of rude employees. Case in point, I ask the cashier in the movie/music section (who is litterally sitting there with her head in her hands, obviously bored) "Ma'am do you have the Blu-Ray version of the new Transformers movie?". There were displays set up, but all of the versions were regular DVD. Her answer (after a big sigh) "Do you not see it? It's right there around the corner, plain as day!". Yeah, I can see around a corner. Do you know what "plain as day" meant? It meant two rows of them at the bottom of an endcap.

4. The customers are just disgusting. Unkempt, dirty, covered in perfumes to cover their smell, and just as rude as the employees. Not to mention their undisciplined kids and constant need to yell while talking on their cell phones. Never an "excuse me" when they cut you off, never a "I'm sorry" when their kid knocks over a display. Now obviously this isn't Wal-Mart's fault, but that's the clients they attract because of the first three reasons.

I really wish I was exagerating on all of this, but I'm not. I didn't set foot in the place for years until a few weeks ago, to buy ROTF. It was just as bad, if not worse, than I remember it. Surprisingly, though, they had really good deals on DVDs. I got Seinfeld box sets for $15 and my friend got the first five Saw movies in one collection for $20.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    My general stance on Wal-Mart is keep them out of suburbs with local businesses, but if a suburb hasn't been able to keep a small business open without Wal-Mart, then I don't think it matters. My only beef with them is the effect they have on local stores. Other than that, I couldn't care less.

A, When I do get video games or DVDs, which is very rare, I get them from Gamestop or from Blockbuster, because there aren't any local businesses out there that carry video games or DVDs.

B, When it comes to buying Transformers, I always try to buy locally, even if the prices are higher. I think I've spent about $25 in total at Walmart in the entire time I've been in this hobby, while I've spent about $450 at local businesses.

Although my situation isn't exactly what I think Kickback had in mind here, since I don't live within walking distance of a Wal-Mart, as my town has successfully kept Wal-Mart out, despite repeated attempts.

16. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I imagine people who hate Walmart wearing a top hat and a monocle, and do not wish to associate themselves with the common people. :lol  News flash: You're no better yourself.

It may be harder for small stores to flourish with a Walmart around, but we live in a capitalist society. If something sells something for cheaper, the smaller stores will suffer. It's economic Darwinism. It's unfair, but it's just the way things go. I try to support smaller stores -- but if I can pick up a new console or a video game for significantly cheaper at Walmart, I will go to Walmart.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Wow, your Walmart sounds the same as mine.

I second this.

18. SpoonsTheSecond

SpoonsTheSecond Banned

Well, I dont really hate wal-mart, but if I had to pick a reason....[​IMG]..they let shit like this happen, WAY more than others.

19. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never understood why "killing local businesses" is a problem. Yes, it may seem sad that some businesses have to close. But that's capitalism. If it's not Walmart, then it may be another big store or another small business taking away business. What if local businesses opened up near a Walmart and customers left Walmart for the small business because the small business offered better customer service? The Walmart subsequently closes due to not enough business which means alot of people are out of a job. Would anyone cry then? Probably not. Would this ever happen? Unlikely but the point of the matter is there will always be losers and winners in competition. If you can't compete with another business (big or small) then perhaps you should find another business or work for someone.

20. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

That's the quickest way to a monopoly, Then where's your "low prices" As for what Kickback says. If I really want it, I don't mind spending full price. For what I shop for, Walmart has a 2 to 3 cents advantage over other stores, which is easily lost to the amount of time waiting in their lines.