so what's the real reason people hate Walmart?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Nov 22, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I generally have that problem with K-Mart more that Wal-Mart in my area

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kickback wins the thread.

Also, I'm a recent employee at Wal-Mart, and beyond one dildo, everyone there is really nice. Friendliest place I've worked.

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Ditto. All my cashiers seem to love me (with the exception of 2, but I don't care for them either) and I've gone out drinking with fellow co-workers numerous times and had a total blast. I love going to work.

That's right. I work for a place owned by WalMart and I love my job.

The only thing I have to deal with are bitchy customers. And I'm sorry, but some customers are total douchebags.

"Where are your Sweet Potatos?"
    "I'm sorry miss, we're not carrying them this year."
    "What? Why not?"
    "I don't know the answer to that miss, we didn't receive them."
    "That's ridiculous. You have them every year. Why not this year?"
    "I don't know miss, that's beyond my circle of information."
    "I'm going to cancel my membership, this is beyond crazy. How is that customer service?"

zomg SWEET POTATOS

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like WM for helping tiny Asian kids feed their families, while keeping my prices low.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I worked there back when I was 17, and my biggest complaint was the customers, not the actual store. Plenty of people expect the world of a simple store. I worked in the electronics department, and often times I would be pulled over to the houseware department to help someone. I would go over there and they would ask me some question about, say, a water filter. Not knowing the answer, I would have to tell them that I could try to find someone else who did know, but they just get mad. I even tried to explain to them that Walmart, among other retail stores, cannot train everyone about every item we carry. Of course they didn't care.

However, that was over a decade ago, and I do have my gripes with them as a customer. The stores are messy, to start with. I often times will only buy something if I'm buying at least a few things or something important, because otherwise I won't wait in the lines since there are never enough cashiers. Also, there are two Walmarts I go to, and one is substantially better stocked then the other, so that's just saying something bad about the understocked store. Now, I would say that's all very common in retail stores, but the truth is I go to several Fred Meyers (northwest department stores) and Targets and I never have checkout issues and the stores are always pretty clean.

As far as what they do to the economy, they play their part with causing problems, but so do we all.

6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    This. I used to work for good ol' 269 in Lawton, OK. Produce.

Day OF Thanksgiving, three women walk in, and demand collared greens.

"Ma'am, we're out of greens. We ran out yesterday, for Thanksgiving today. For the past two weeks we've stocked extra Produce to prepare for this, and we won't get anymore until next week."

"Say what now? I'm NEVER shopping here again."

"I'll hold that to you ma'am. See you next week."

-.-

Kickback's right, completely.

Oh, and I love Wal-Mart. :D 

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

only issue i have (though not their fault), the closest one is 40 minutes away. There were plans to make one couple blocks away but that got shot down...then there was another plan to make one the next town down, but that got shot down too.

sorry to say but Kickback is right...i'll shop at Walmart if the price of the same item is cheaper. Especially now, every dollar counts.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I love and fear WalMart . Soon it will devour everything in it's path and the Waltons will be , like the new Trumps

I feel sorry for their employees & floor supervisers. Toy collectors can be very annoying, asking alot of shit and be very pushy when it comes to toys. Usually expecting an employee to bend over backwards, and if they still can't get it then we have to hear how bad Walmart sucks.

There's people here, from 16 to 25 mostly, who have the patience of a fucking 9 year old.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I worked there- even endured a few Black Friday events.
    I got hosed by supervisors a few times, but it was part of the job. and more often than not, others helped me out of those fixes. we worked as a team.

I am not a fan of Unions- why pay 50-75 dollars in dues from a check people already claim is too low to even afford insurance?
    And i watched my grandmother for 25 years belong to a union at a textile mill in our town. Her union did nothing but pack up and leave when the whisper of relocating the mill was heard. so i am kinda burned by them.

Why do i shop at Walmart? Well, at my old job, Walmart was the only place open at 4 in the morning. I could get off from a long shift, buy something to eat, actually eat with the employees on their break and talk (wind down) and then resume shopping for the week's supplies.
    Can't do that at Winn-Dixie or Target or Publix.
    We have little else that's 5 minutes away that offers that and so much affordable stuff.

But on topic- I hate Walmart's cost cutting at the checkout. I think we have 25 lanes at our store, and unless it is Black Friday or the day before Christmas, there is never more than 5 cashiers. and only 3 CSM's to help people in trouble at the self checkouts.
    Worse, is even if I get a "human", i still do a lot of the work at the register.

other than that, Walmart is still okay to me.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I love Walmart!
    I got to the states and left the airport at about 12:30am, went to Dennys to get some food at about 1am, then stumbled into Walmart at about 2am.
    The concept of seeing Transformers on shelves has become so alien to me that I was actually shocked and bought something there and then :lol 
    That combined with having not slept for the last day made an amazing impression on me.

Im easily amused like that.
    The Optimus Prime boxers I got are also amazing.

<3 Walmart.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    WalMart may well have some shitty business practises. Guess what? So do entire countries. While the prices are good, people WILL shop there because everybody likes a bargain. It honestly IS that simple, everyone.
    Not me. I've happily bought stuff from WalMart every time I've been over there on holiday. I've also worked in retail and had to deal with some utter turnip heads (both customers and staff), so I can empathise with the level of rampant stupidity you have to deal with.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    exactly.. I worked at a WM and I was treated better there than at any other job. I was paid better there than at TRU, got full time employment, etc. Sadly I had classes start up and was unable to change my schedule because I hadn't worked 90 days yet and had to quit. Still I loved that job.

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have you seen their poor half dead fish!!!!

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah , what's up with the fish neglect ? :lol 

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

this

:lol  that gold right there.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I hate wal-mart cos there UK arm asda doesn't carry near as much stuff that US ones, the toy section in my local is just piss pore.

18. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I've never really had a problem with walmart. I try to avoid shopping there if I can, but its always been a good experience aside from some of the customers. I can't stand those people who park thier carts in the middle of the aisle and walk away from it, thus blocking traffic (ofcourse you get these boners everywhere tho). I just park my cart, take thiers and move it off to the side in a manner that displays my disgruntlement. When they say sorry, I tell them to stop and think about others before they try to take ownership of that aisle. Iam just waiting for the day when you will be paying $30 for a can of coffee because there is no other place to buy anything elsewhere tho. Mark my words because that day is coming.

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My problem with Walmart is the way they treat their employees. They expect their employees to kiss-ass and they show favortism.

But if an employee has a nervous breakdown no matter where it happens, they will try and force you to quit.

I've seen that program "Walmart The high cost of living" by Robert Greenwald. Some of it I believe and some of it I don't.

20. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I worked for Walmart for 2 1/2 years. The first 2 where alright years, no big problems but after they switched management the new set of asst managers were all morons. Cant blame the company for it, as Kickback said they do hire handicap people.

The only real problem I had is that I got a write up for rushing to the hospital to see my father who just had 3X bypass. I told the wrong manager and that manager did not let my manager know ( who was at lunch at the time).

The one thing I am glad about is that they are finally paying women proper wages for doing that same job as men. They have had some problems with that but so do a lot of other companys.

I shop at walmart for mostly soap and underwear, I tend to leave my toy shopping for target or toys-r-us (if I even buy toys). I dont really buy DVD's and if I do I get them 2nd hand, same goes for video games.

And I never buy grocerys at wally world, I shop H-E-B.