so what's the real reason people hate Walmart?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Nov 22, 2009.

1. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    besides their shitty customer service

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

false advertisements.
    the waltons are greedy bastards.

:lol  that gold right there.

3. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the only reason for me. Though admitedly I don't like their general union busting tactics like closing a store simply because the employees formed a union there.

I've got no problem with them being successful overall though. I think it's good that they are a successful company. I just wish their staff didn't seem to forget the reason that they are successful has a lot to do with the customers that they seem to blow off.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I love WalMart and the Waltons. It has nothing to do with the fact that they pay me once every two weeks.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Watch the documentary 'Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price' sometime, that details it pretty well. Killing local businesses, stealing people's homes through 'eminent domain', the way they treat employees, etc.

--Moony

6. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    You win. Personally, I applaud Wal-marts bussiness practices. Lower their prices, watch Mom n' Pop stores fall, and raise them. That's awesome. Say what you want about them being "Capitolists", the truth is, you buy things there. Another thing, On the Inferior Tformers podcast they talked about how they pushed wal-mart out of their community. Well, if you weren't going to buy there, why would they worry about Local stores going under? Wal-Mart is convenient. End of story.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    WalMart knocking people out of their homes because of "eminant domain" has nothing to do with WalMart - it has more to do with the local city either re-zoning or the residents never taking the time to educate themselves on what their area is zoned as. If you're living in a house on an area that isn't zoned for residential ... guess what! The city, not WalMart, is the one who decides that "Oops, you need to go away now".

As for "closing down small businesses"...

How many of you pay the extra $5 to $10 to buy a video game from a local, non name-brand store? I bet the answer is ZERO. How many of you went to Suncoast, etc., to buy new DVD's at $25? I bet the answer is ZERO ... because you all went to Best Buy, Target, and WalMart to buy them at the low "new release week" price.

For all of you who bitch about WalMart, you're all sheep in the matter. Each and every single person here has contributed at some point to the ZOMG HORRIBLE THINGS that you claim WalMart does.

As for customer service? Face it. Every company, every store, has a few bad seeds that put even more bad seeds in their place. WalMart is one of the only companies that will hire mentally handicapped individuals, either with autism or various forms of ADD/ADHD, and sadly, they're given the mundane task of cleaning, so they are usually confused as associates in that area.

I work at Sam's Club ... I have a huge Center section ... rarely will you find the people that work there in their section, because they're always being called off to help in another section, or doing drops, or getting pieces of furniture out, so you're likely to find the grocery guy walking in center to help with a member request and so yes, you're the 13th person on his list, you're asking a question that has nothing to do with the Center section or grocery, which is his section, so yes, you're going to get a grumpy person being short with you.

Is it because they are horrible customer service people? No. It's because you're too stupid to look and see that "OMG ... maybe COPY PAPER is in that aisle clearly labeled 'OFFICE SUPPLIES'? Hmm..." ... and then to top it off, you want him to walk you there personally because you think he's lying.

Do you know how many people tell me I'm lying about the price, only to have me do the thing I'm not supposed to do, which is walk them to the product and point out the sign that clearly states that yes, it's $18 not $14?

Hypocrites, all of you!

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have watched the documentary, and heard all the stories and i like Wal-mart and honestly i have to shop there as the only other place where i can get much of what the carry at an affordable price in my town is a K-mart and its frankly not very good and i normally only check there for TF mainly their exclusives, i could drive an hour and do my shopping at a target but the gas prices would just wipe out much of my budget

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    People hate Wal-Mart because it's cool the hate the big corporation. I love Wal-Mart, shop there every week.

10. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I'm not saying I don't shop there - in my area its the only place to get certain things, such as toys and non-boutique clothes (if I don't want to go to a secondhand store for them). But that doesn't mean I'm an all out supporter of them, either.

--Moony

11. DuelPear

DuelPear Well-Known Member

Hell, I work for Target and I still shop at Walmart.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I got no problem with Walmart. If it wasn't for Walmart, I'd have to drive a half hour to the nearest store not 2 minutes. Prices are cheap so I can afford shit. Have a family of four and tell me how bad Walmart is.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I frequently shop at the local walmart their cooking spray is a great deal $1.67 for 8oz? Sold

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I make less than 20k a year and have a family. I LOVE Wal-Mart. Its the only way we friggin EAT.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wal*Mart has its pluses and minuses just like any retail store has its pluses and minuses. It's just easy to pick on them since they're bigger in every way.

However, if I had to choose between Wal*Mart or say, Target, I'd pick Target still. Mainly because at Targets I've rarely had to wait in line at check out or returns and that includes slow days during the week and busy weekends.

Every single time I go to my local Wal*Mart to return something, I wait at least a good 20 minutes in line.

There are factors that go into why the line takes so long:

1. There are five registers available but only one or two are manned. No employees added to expedite the line.
    2. They also do money orders, cashing checks, etc etc.
    3. The process of scanning the barcode on the item, scanning the barcode on the receipt, processing it, crossing it off the receipt, and then getting you to sign the slip is time consuming.

Compare that to my Target return experience:

1. No money orders, cashing checks, etc.
    2. Barcode on product scanned, barcode on receipt scanned, hand you new copy and you're done. No signing of anything, no crossing off of anything. Quick and easy.
    3. If there's a line forming, more employees are instantly called in to open new registers.

As far as regular customer service is concerned, I do know that Target uses their "call an employee" phones very efficiently. They got like a short timeframe for someone to respond or something and I constantly see/hear the managers on the radio asking people to respond to those calls asap.

But again, Wal*Marts vary just as much as Targets vary. There's a Wal*Mart that's further away than my local one that is leaps and bounds better in regards to customer service and overall shopping experience. Just like there are better Targets than the one closest to me in terms of stocking items and such.

16. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Well, after watching that, you might want to have look at Penn & Teller: Bullshit (season 5, episode 2 specifically) where they heavily discredit the director of that documentary.

EDIT: Just to add substance to this post, I love Wal-Mart personally...the common people who shop there? Not so much. Going to Wal-Mart during the last hour they're open (since the one in my hometown closes at 11) is awesome.

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The stores are a fucking mess which makes me mad, and one person manning the express checkout with long lines :rolleyes: 

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sometimes I want to get something that is not necessarily produced to be the lowest price possible. On those days, I can dislike Walmart.

19. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I don't mind Walmart, I just get annoyed with the local one and their poor inventory. That and while it's one of the giant Walmarts, they only keep 2 non-express cashes manned which can create some long line-ups.

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Well for me, its the mess that WM has with their toy dept. It's sooooo messy that you can't really find ANYTHING that your looking for. Plus, with so many people, you can't get in and get out like you would want to.