So whats the latest and greatest on Maketoy Giant?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by tb-1599, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

for a while I was really considering starting my Hercules collection a little late on the game I know I think Exgraver would be the only figure hard to fine at regular price. So I wasnt really looking at Maketoy Giant well after looking at the cost I dont think I really afford Hercules. So I am behind the times on Giant can somebody get me up to speed? Release date,boxed set individual figures that sort of thing. I tried a seach but couldnt really find anything.

2. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Information on Giant has been somewhat of a slow drip.

4. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still surprised we haven't seen a preorder for him yet. I'm getting Herc in green, and Giant in yellow :D 

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Actually if you wait until Neckbreaker is out, I bet you'll find lots of people unloading their spare exgravers at a nice price. Same with Structor when Mad Blender comes out.

Also I gotta say I love their already-passed, wildly-optimistic, please-don't-buy-herc release schedule for Giant. Bravo.

6. tb-1599

?? K you lost me on the second sentence LOL

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    They said they'd start shipping the first two pack either last month or this month (I don't recall which offhand). Of course this was utter bull- probably to discourage people from buying Hercules and, predictably, they went silent when the release date passed rather than address it.

8. tb-1599

Oh your talking about Maketoy "wow I think I hurt myself on that one LOL". Well I will see which one I buy first. If I can find Exgraver first then I will start on Hercules..

9. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Haha yeah. Oops. Probably should have clarified.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One site actually had a pre-order for the two yellow ones up, but I honestly forgot what it was called.

11. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

That would be Maketoys' sale site, upgradecommander.com.

It's all in Japanese so I think most people are waiting for an English site to list them.

12. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

You can't preorder from that site if you don't live domesticly, to their site. They are waiting for weight on the product before opening it up to overseas orders.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I cant wait honestly. As i have said before not a fan of hercules individual bots in either mode its all about the combined mode. Giant though i love em in both modes so gonna get this set.

14. Satomiblood

That was kind of a dick move on MT's part to be honest. At least have some actual product for preorder/sale if you want to directly compete with another company. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. If I recall, MT teased Giant right around the time that TFC's Exgraver went up for preorder during the summer. And then they went quiet. Despite this, I do like Giant and will probably spring for this as well. I just find the lack of info frustrating, especially when they tried to hype it up upon the Hercules tease.

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
  16. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

If the hold up is to fix something, or if they had a concern of some sort which is holding new info/listing pre-orders, I have no problem with it.

As much as I think TFC has to be commended for fixing their issues on the fly, I think it is much more acceptable to push back a release when an issue pops up, than to push it out only to discover problems after release.

I do realize that both (push back release date/push out with QC issues discovered afterward) are standard practices in this wacky TF toy biz, but I myself prefer to get a toy later, instead of waiting for a fix to arrive. I mean you're waiting either way right?

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Tfao i agree. When looking at the issues that the Hercules figures have had well at least the two that have had the major issues its unacceptable for figures of that price. I felt the same way about MP-09 when i got it while i love the figure it is unacceptable to have issues like it did at that price point hence why i cancelled my MP-10 preorder and plan to purchase it in the near future with tax return money, i simply did not want to risk the cost on engineering issues.

18. Satomiblood

This is also true.

19. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    maketoys has a better price. so ime betting on them. they are selling 2 for $100 instead of 1 for $100 sooo ... yeah ...

20. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    im alright with hold backs to get it right :D