So what's the deal with the all of the non movie toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prozak, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused as to why we are getting non movie toys branded along with the movie line. My understanding is that swindle and wreckage are in the video game, so putting them in makes sense to me, but what about the rest? Especially the target exclusives that are repaints of past lines. Are they going to put these in the comics or anything? Or are they just cheap moves by Hasbo to make more money? Especially arcee where there is the scout and then the deluxe version which I'm told is suppose to be the real movie version.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i would say that a lot of the non-movie toys are there just to beef the line up

more stuff for people to buy [thus more money for hasbro to make]

i for one will be buying all the non-movie guys i've seen
    they look fantastic

3. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Is the real gear line part of the movie? Or just something to beef up the line?

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Technically the real gear stuff isn't part of the movie, but it kinda is.

The whole allspark thing and there being bots made from it out of everyday items (i.e. the iPod bot of doom).

Anyways, there's not that many characters in the movie...they need something to keep the line going longer than a month or two.

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Who cares, the non-movie toys look awesome.

6. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Yeah they do need something to keep the line going, but I think they should keep it going with just the movie characters first and then later on release some of the other stuff.

Well I care :cool:  but mainly because I suffer from completionist syndrome and I'm trying to decide which toys to buy and which not to buy, but if I have enough money maybe I will get all of them, just not sure yet.

Well I think I've decided I won't buy more than one character, meaning since I have Leader Prime(which I think is the best) I won't go for a lower class one like the Voyager. I'll probably end up getting the repaints for the nostalgia though. But I'm still wondering whether I should go for the non-movie characters, but this will also depend how long the toys will be available for in stores.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't like buying repaints...but if we get a Nemesis Convoy repaint of Leader Prime....I'd buy it.

8. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    What I believe Hasbro should have done is this:

1. Release the non movie molds about 2 months before the movie.
    2. When the TF video game arrives in stores they should release the game characters.
    3. About the same time the movie hits cinemas Hasbro should release the movie toys along with more game characters.
    4. Next is the repaints and the movie characters at a larger or smaller size scale.
    5. Video game repaints.

9. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Brand recognition, simple as that.
    Two different styles of packaging (Movie and non-Movie) would be distracting.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    eh no biggie.

its not like in previous lines ALL the lineup were featured in the cartoon. same thing here.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, I will sticking to movie appearance TFs only...as good as some of the figures all, I got to resist them...

12. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I only bought one bot that doesn't appear in the movie. or at least i don't know if hes appeared in the movie, and that was the cell phone guy. Best bot from the line as far as playability goes.