So, what's the count now? [Spoilers inbound]

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by The Constructicon, Aug 24, 2012.

  1. The Constructicon

    The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts:
    1,372
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +0
    So how many main characters have died off or were irreparably damaged in this game?

    So far I've noticed:

    Sludge didn't even make it through the caves
    Trypticon was turned into a ship, basically dead
    Sharpshot was crushed to pieces by Grimlock
    Grimlock may have been killed in the explosion in his mission
    Metroplex gave up his spark to fuel the arc
    Bumblebee took a nucleon blast to the chest

    Loved the campaign, levels were great but the killings have really put a sour taste in my mouth. Two of those characters are on my top ten list, it's pretty lame and really it's hard to look forward to more games in the series knowing they're gone.
     
  2. BooyakaDragon

    BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Posts:
    3,897
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    202
    Likes:
    +206
    I don't think Bumblebee was killed. I hardly doubt Hasbro would let them do that, no matter the product.
     
  3. Karhukjnsi

    Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Posts:
    6,955
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    192
    Likes:
    +9
    • Sludge didn't even make it OUT of the caves, but he was (barely) alive when Cliff and Jazz found 'em.
    • Trypticon was "permanently" forced into the Nemesis, which was a set up for the TFP episode "Flying Mind".
    • Sharpshot did get his shit wrecked, but nothing his master Shockwave can't fix.
    • No way Grimlock was killed; if anything, they set up that he got forced teleported to Earth via the Space Bridge.
    • Metroplex, I need to re-listen, but I recall him saying he gave up his energon rather than his spark. Which would make sense because he was still conscious as the Ark took off (unconnected to him; but that could've been an error, for all we know).
    • Bumblebee took a bad hit, but nowhere near enough to die. He's the immortal 'Bee.
     
  4. The Constructicon

    The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts:
    1,372
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +0
    Wait, I was watching G1 the other day on Netflix, one of the insecticons was blown up and I think it was Bombshell that used something that was able to reconstruct them right there on the spot...

    The only one that REALLY bugs is me is Trypticon, I love that big beast...
     
  5. Starscream Gaga

    Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

    Joined:
    May 19, 2011
    Posts:
    8,036
    News Credits:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    247
    Likes:
    +1,535
    Sharpshot/Shrapnel was ripped up, but his lights never went out: Insecticons can take the abuse.
    Bumblebee's lights never went out either, he's not dead.
     
  6. The Constructicon

    The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts:
    1,372
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +0
    Yeah, I never really thought Bumbles died but he DID get hit HARD and was left outside the ship to be swept off into the stars. You're right though, they'd never kill him off.
     
  7. The F.N.G.

    The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2011
    Posts:
    2,524
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +2
    I personally am a little miffed about
    Bruticus being knocked off the Arks hull and left to drift in Cybertron's orbit
    .
     
  8. Starscream Gaga

    Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

    Joined:
    May 19, 2011
    Posts:
    8,036
    News Credits:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    247
    Likes:
    +1,535
    Bruticus is on Cybertron. Starscream retrieves him from there in "Starscream's Brigade". They just needed to find a way to get Bruticus off the Ark so he wouldn't go to Earth, but still have him available to play as.
     
  9. Prime Jetscream

    Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Posts:
    10,457
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    217
    Location:
    California, USA
    Likes:
    +21
    Designation: Bumblebee. Spark chamber damage: 99.9% Probability of death: 00.1%
     
  10. ArmoredSwampert

    ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Posts:
    373
    Trophy Points:
    76
    Likes:
    +0
    He's in a trailer for Universe, don't worry.
     
  11. Prime Jetscream

    Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Posts:
    10,457
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    217
    Location:
    California, USA
    Likes:
    +21
    HE IS holy crap where
     
  12. The Constructicon

    The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts:
    1,372
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +0
    Bruticus is fine, I'm sure he survived.
     
  13. Prime Jetscream

    Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Posts:
    10,457
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    217
    Location:
    California, USA
    Likes:
    +21
    I know why, because he's Bruticus.
     
  14. The Constructicon

    The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts:
    1,372
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +0
    Exactly.

    Also, I was really disappointed there was no Godzilla battle between Trypticon and Metroplex.
     
  15. Prime Jetscream

    Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Posts:
    10,457
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    217
    Location:
    California, USA
    Likes:
    +21
    He's too big for
    Trypticon
    , I want him to have a battle against
    Omega Supreme
     
  16. HaloStar22

    HaloStar22 Amazing AutoBot

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2012
    Posts:
    300
    Trophy Points:
    76
    Likes:
    +0
    could make him GoldBug in the third game
     
  17. General Magnus

    General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2007
    Posts:
    13,108
    Trophy Points:
    292
    Likes:
    +130
    Wrong. Bruticus in the cartoon gained the combiner ability AFTER Starscream Brigade. To the point of Megatron going "WTF?" Not to mention in the cartoon the combaticons are referred as "war criminals" who were arrested and removed from their bodies and nothing of such happens in the game, where the Combaticons in the game are perfectly good soldiers.
     
  18. StarYoshi14

    StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2011
    Posts:
    947
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +1
    It isn't a prequel to the G1 cartoon. It is heavily based around it, but it clearly isn't directly linked. Optimus and Megatron's origins aren't even near the same. Aerialbots and Stunticons appearing, Jetfire isn't lost on Earth in the arctic, Trypticon wasn't the Nemesis in G1, THE DINOBOTS WEREN'T BUILT BY WHEELJACK.
     
  19. Starscream Gaga

    Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

    Joined:
    May 19, 2011
    Posts:
    8,036
    News Credits:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    247
    Likes:
    +1,535
    I don't see how Optimus and Megatrons origins were that different. Neither WFC nor G1 actually show Megatron becoming Megatron and WFC is after Orion Pax has been reformatted into Optimus. Aerialbots and Stunticons are there in order for gameplay, to have memorable characters. There aren't any memorable Decepticon cars or Autobot jets outside them. Trypticon and Nemesis never existed at the same time in G1 either, Nemesis/Trypticon is heavily reformatted from the Dinosaur body so he may have been reformatted back. And the Dinobots in FOC never made it to Earth. At least Sludge and Grimlock appear to have been completely destroyed.
    Besides, G1 cartoon can't even be consistent within itself, just go on TFwiki and see how many continuity problems happen PER EPISODE. They had a lot of artisitic leadway to do what they liked.
    Again Matt Tieger HAS SAID that FOC ends where MTME begins and if you finish the game you can see that it DOES retell the exact same story.


    Starscream arresting them was clearly an allusion to why they were found in the prison. We don't really know how Cybertronian Justice goes. But Matt Tieger made sure Bruticus was not on the Ark, to give space to connect the missing links.
     
  20. StarYoshi14

    StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2011
    Posts:
    947
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +1
    Orion Pax was killed by Megatron, and reformatted into Optimus Prime by Alpha Trion, who also gave him the Matrix of Leadership.

    Megatron was built by the Constructicons in G1. He later went on to recruit the Constructicons into the ranks of the Decepticons on Cybertron. In 1984, he built the Constructicons.

    This doesn't line up at all with Megatronus's rise from the gladiator pits and Orion Pax's restoring of Cybertron's core and receiving of the Matrix. If you are still trying to argue it is somehow directly connected to the G1 cartoon, you are just looking like an idiot.
     

Share This Page