So what's a good phone nowadays?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omega Supreme V, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

My current Cell phone, the Samsung Blackjack, is 4+ yrs old and is being a shithead lately with bad speaker, callers can't hear me, buttons won't work, etc.
    So tomorrow I'm going to the AT&T store to get a new phone [Yay me!] only problem is, I'm not sure what phones are good since the review sites I read, some say good, half say bad.

I'm currently deciding between:
    Blackberry Torch
    Samsung Captivate
    or HTC Aria

was wondering if anyone here could give me their opinions or advice as I know there are some business savvy people here who use their cells for everything lol.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I have the Captivate and I love it. Screen is great, call quality has been good, it does pretty much everything I want it to do. Battery life has been good for me. Only problem I've had is that every once in a while I come across programs not completely optimized to run on the hardware. Most of it works though.

The Aria is nice as well. Not a big fan of the Torch. Its definitely a step up for Blackberry, but it is lacking.

3. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

I've read that the Torch isn't up to par screen wise, but for me that's not really a problem, is there anything else wrong with it?

4. Sanny632

Sanny632 D-Bagacon

Ebay:
    Iphone all other phones from att are no where near as good

5. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I haven't spent much time with the Torch personally, but from what I hear it is just not that user friendly. I work in cellphone sales and it hasn't been well received. From the people I've talked to who use it, it just seems to act weird. It had some crashing issues and several complaints about the keyboard and slow reaction times. Unless you just need the Blackberry email access, I don't see any real advantages over the Aria or the Captivate.

6. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Ha, I just replaced my phone after 4 years with my Nokia N80(wish also had the same problems)
    I just got a Sam captivate and I'm really enjoying it, though maybe because it shows just how outdated my old one was.