So what is the new lineup of Classics 2.0??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They're using the name Transformers Universe for the line, but, it's basically Classics 2.0 and has nothing to do with the previous Universe line. Also, if you read what I said, $26 is about what it costs for an Ultra in my area. I didn't say that was the price everywhere. As for Octane, I'm going off of what they said at SDCC. We won't trully know for a long time what size class he is.

2. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Like someone said before I'm just glad that Classics will be back no matter who we get. As for the possible combiner I think that Aerialbots the same scale of the Classics Seekers would be great.

TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THE TOPIC AT HAND..........

Does anyone know if they are ever going to revisit the whole "Headmasters" idea anywhere in the TF universe? (Besides that motorcycle guy we got a while back)

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not that we currently know of, but, it would be interesting to see. Just curious, but, what motorcycle guy are you talking about?

4. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Armada Sideways. A shame he was such a crappy figure.

Energon Omega Supreme was also a Headmaster, incidentally.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok. I forgot about him being a Headmaster, lol.

6. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I think Grimlock needs another chance and at the Ultra size. Hell they could pull off a Trypticon re-mold with that one if they design it right. And to hell with the animated line, gimme Classics versions of Arcee, Jazz, and any other G1 character that's been co-opted.

I hope that Galvatron gets a proper Giant Space Cannon™ alt mode.

7. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:

And even if we did know for sure, it could still change before he sees retail. Wasn't Prime suppose to be a Deluxe at first and got sized up to Voyager?

But I tend to lean towards the Deluxe size class for a few reason. 1. So he can interact better with Astrotrain, and 2. I can't see them getting electronics in him for the Ultra class. But who knows. I don't really care either way as long as we get him.

8. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    These will be my second versions of Sunstreaker and Sideswipe the first two are ALTs.

9. Veloxiraptor

News Credits:
    Trypsy could be very successful for them. Everyone loves the dinosaurs. And personally I would like to see him get a robot mode.

They won't make him, though.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Which line? Classics? Technically, yes, but he was actually going to be released at both price points. Deluxe Prime was just going to be him, and the Voyager was going to be him with a trailer. They then decided to release him as is as a Voyager. His bot mode makes sense as a Voyager anyways. He just comacts down smaller when turning into his semi mode. With Octane as a Deluxe, it helps ballance out the number of Autobots to Decepticons, and also gives us some different opportunities for the Ultra's in the line.

11. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Yes, Classics prime. I thought they sized him up a bit though. I'm proably wrong though. I still wish he had come with that trailer. Only thing that kept that from being a perfect toy in my mind.

Yeah I agree. I just think he'd work better as a deluxe.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking he was, but, they never did say anything about it when they got rid of the Trailer.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

Y'know, I wouldn't rule him out. Certainly not based on the Wal-mart exclusive at least. Before they revealed him, they said something to the effect of "don't kill us when you see it"; leads me to believe this was a quick fix to add onto the line with another popular character in the event that Classics wasn't going to return.
    Well, it is returning, and looks to be ongoing this time (rather than just a filler before the movie) and its not like its unheard of to have more than one version of a character in a line (especially when one version was just a repaint store exclusive).
    I think its just a matter of whether or not theres somebody else they'd rather do, or depending on what they'll do with the Constructicons in Animated.

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    this may sound a little off the wall but... if they're going to be released under the "Universe" name and not the "Classics" name, then don't that leave the door open for the other seekers? Just a thought...

15. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

*crosses fingers and prays*

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, in a way, yes, but, and this is a huge but, they would have to be completely different molds, and basically not share any parts of the molds of the Botcon Exclusives. One way that they could do it would be to make Deluxe versions of their pre-earth mode. They could even base them off of a different type of jet. Last night, I got to thinking about the combiner that they want to do. First of all, I hope that they are going to be doing an update of Bruticus. Secondly, if the continue to do Combiners, I got the idea that it would be something really cool for us fans if they were to make a Reflector set that not only combined in alt-mode, but could also combine to form a bigger robot mode. It would be interesting to design, but, they could pull it off somehow, lol.

17. Veloxiraptor

News Credits:
    Hasbro said quite plainly at Botcon that the Classics seeker team would NEVER receive a mass release. They would have to be different molds, and let's face it...Hasbro has no good reason to clog the Universe line with a bunch of second-tier, homogeneous jetformers.

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

In that case new seekers should be F-22s from IDW infiltration, just to spice the selection a little bit. An upgraded MW molds perhaps.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I could see them doing it, not till maybe late 2009, that and if they do, their basically just going to be repaints of the same mold. I can't see Hasbro making a mold for Thundercracker, and then remolding it twice for Dirge and Thrust. It would be cool, but, when was the last time that we've seen a mold get remolded/repainted twice in the same line?

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Where is it I demand too see it!