So what is the new lineup of Classics 2.0??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless I have missed something, all that I know of is:

Octane
    Sideswipe
    Sunstreaker

Who else is gonna be in this line up?? How many figures are they expecting the line to consist of?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Ruin, you should know better lol. There has been like twenty threads about this already.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than those 3 (deluxes) we know that there will be 8 total deluxes and 3-4 Ultra's. Oh, we also know that one of the Ultra's is going to be Galvatron. Other than that, we're not sure who's going to be included in this first run, though there are some characters that we are pretty sure will be included. Like Prowl, maybe Silverstreak and Smokescrean, Ironhide, and possibly Jazz.

4. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Maybe we'll see a Cosmos! Didn't we have concept art of a classics Cosmos a long time ago? Or was that fan made?

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I'm thinking of the same thing you are, that was the unused Titanium design for Cosmos, same one they had in their "these-will-never-see-the-light-of-day" case at Hasbro.

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    How big is an Ultra? Is that like Voyager size or bigger? I'd love to have a Galvatron that could take on my Hot Rod Alternator.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bigger. It's the size class right imbetween Voyager and Leader. It's also the first size clas that has basically every figure with some sort of electronics in it. It costs usually around $26 in my area, but has been known to cost more in other areas. Personally, I can't wait to see what Galvatron and the other Ultra's look like. I also can't wait for Galvatrons inevitable light up/sound affect in his arm cannon. That's going to be awesome. I just hope that if they do a Classics Rodimus Prime, that he's a Voyager at the biggest, so that he's, if anything, the same size as Optimis Prime, and not bigger.

8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

The Cosmos proto looks fantastic.

9. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Now this is something to get excited about... :rock 

10. Senor_Escobar

Senor_Escobar Well-Known Member

i'd love to see jazz, ironhide, prowl, and some dinobots

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The remaining Dinobots have been mentioned. Though the only 2 that they say that they might do are Snarl and Sludge, and that they will be saved for future runs of the line. If we do see them, it'll probably be some time in 2009.

12. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A classics Prowl, Silverstreak and Smokescreen would be awesome.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It was mentioned at Botcon that Hasbro wants to do the rest of the triple-changers, so Blitzwing will be along eventually (well after his animated counterpart, of course). There's some debate over whether they meant all the triple-changers or just the Decepticon ones, but I'd say odds aren't bad for Springer, Sandstorm, and Broadside.

I believe that a gestalt was also mentioned as a possibility.

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Uh, actually, that was an unused Classics design that got moved to Titaniums when they decided Classics was going to be short-run and that, for whatever reason, a little green disk wouldn't sell in the Classics line, then got stomped on when they decided Titaniums was going to fail. There's a possibility, however slim, that Cosmos could get slipped back into Classics/Universe 2.0 somewhere down the line. But I wouldn't be holding your breath on it.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They never said that they wanted to do all of the Triple-changers in just Classics/Universe, so, I'm thinking that they meant over all of the future series, which includes Animated. I'm happy with how the Animated Blitzwing looks anyways. Yeah, they have mentioned a combiner that they plan on doing, but, that's apparently not for a while. I'm thinking early to mid 2009 for that.

16. Senor_Escobar

Senor_Escobar Well-Known Member

dat sux id love to have all the dinobots in classics style

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, at Botcon a couple of big names were thrown out there as "we'd like to do's", however, they also stated that anyone who was going to be in Animated won't get the Classics treatment.

It was also stated that their decision making is going to be closely linked (at least with the deluxes) to how much milage they can get out of the mold/character. So, if the character can be repainted/retooled/remolded into another character he's going to be heavily considered. Names mentioned under this were Prowl (as G1 Prowl is a police car and not a motorcycle as he'll appear in animated) and a later repaint/slight retooling to Silverstreak (with Smokescreen possibly coming at a much later date), Ironhide with a Ratchet retool in the future (probably after the character runs his course in Animated) so you can go from there.

The remaining Dinobots were asked about and the comment was that only those not in animated (ie: no Swoop or Slag) and they're not planning either Snarl or Sludge right now sense they want to stick to the realistic asthetic (vehicle wise) set up by the Movie.

Galvatron was mentioned as an all new mold and that he'd be an Ultra. BTW, there seems to be some confusion after SDCC, but at Botcon Octane was also said to be an upcoming Ultra.

Jazz and Arcee were asked about and there was a we'll see kind of comment. This is probably due to the characters being slated for Animated, voice actors Susan Blu and Phil Lamar are voicing them, and while we've not seen Jazz at all we've seen pics of Arcee in the Animated opening and she does bare a strong resemblance to her G1 counterpart... so I wouldn't get my hopes up for these two anytime soon.

Ultra Magnus was asked about (a new mold that's not a Prime repaint) and they said yes he's coming. They didn't say if he was Animated or Classics though, but it's safe to say that Magnus will be in Animated and not Classics sense we know he's going to be in the upcoming show.

They were also asked about a new Gestalt and Hasbro said that they had plans to do one, but that they weren't currently working on it. Which leads me to believe that the new Gestalt is probably slated for Classics rather than Animated as they seem to be working on Animated currently with Classics still being on the drawing boards from everything we've seen.

Basically, right now there's only a list of 'that's what we'd really like to do', but everything for Classics is probably not set in stone sense it's more than a year away and they don't have any hard protos available yet.

Edit: Forgot, but they also mentioned that they'd like to do all the Triple Changers at some point, but were unclear if they ment in Classics or if the meant all over the new series. If the former than I'd say that Springer, Sandstorm and Broadside are a shoe-in, but we won't see a Blitzwing until the character has run his course. However, if it was the later than I'd say anything goes.

They also mentioned a large base of some kind that could interact with some of the figures, but I'm guessing that's most likely slated for animated... though it still might be worth picking up... interactive playsets make for nice dioramas! :lol 

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  18. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

I want to see a classics wheelie!

*runs for cover*

19. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Jazz, Prowl, Ironhide and Wheeljack would be most welcome. The Dinobots and Insecticons are a must, as are the Battlechargers to bring some ground forces to the Decepticon ranks. After that I'd really like to see Hound, Tracks, Grapple, and Trailbreaker.

I'd also like to see some of the better post-movie guys updated, like Brainstorm, Highbrow, Hardhead, Misfire and Triggerhappy.

Who am I kidding I want them all!

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All things considered... Wheelie actually could get an interesting Classics design. And, considering he was honestly more bad ass than Bumblebee ever was in G1, I'd welcome him into my collection as long as he looked cool and didn't rhyme like an idiot. Honestly, the rhyming was the only thing about the character that bugged me... and the toy. It sucked, but so does the better half of G1 toys.