So what is Masterpiece Rodimus Prime 2.0?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I have never owned a Masterpiece Transformer before. Pretty much I just cannot justify the cost of them. However, now I kind of wished I had bought Grimlock when TRU had him, but no matter what, I would love to own an MP Rodimus Prime. So why is BBTS selling him for two different prices ($180 and $220)? And why is the more expensive one being called 2.0?

2. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    There was the original release which brought a lot of QC issues on. Takara then issued a 2nd run "supposingly" taking care of those QC issues. Yet the issues still remain but minimal, even with the US release..

Basically if you want to buy the fixer upper 2.0 release, then you'll pay more for it..

It's on there website too:

This second release is to have corrected the flaws of the original version.

3. Dr Kain

What were the QC issues? And why did they just sell the faulty product and not even offer replacements?

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
  5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
  6. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

You pretty much just summed up my situation. I want a Takara MP-04 Convoy... but 200 dollars is impossible for now at my budget.

7. Dr Kain

So which version is TRU Hot Rod (I refuse to call him Rodimus since he does not have his trailer)?

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Despite what people say, most of it's problems were not QC issues, but engineering issues. the parts not fitting correctly, springs coming out of the feet, none of that has anything to do with quality control, it's the design of the figure itself.

The TRU version is based on the 2.0 mold, with it's own unique issue (elbow parts that like to stick out of the front of the arm and some plastic tolerance issues that are causing a few to have broken off arms right out of the package)

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yeah I have all 4 versions of Rodimus (MP-9, TRU, MP-9 2.0, and MP-9B). Besides MP-9 none of the others have any issues.

Randy

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Based on *my* experience, i'd call it V1.5. It addreses most of the issues, But something about it isn't quite as smooth as the second run of MP9.

There's enough reports of issues with the shoulder joints to make me concerned, although i haven't had that problem....yet.

11. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I have MP-09 2.0 ( which has the supposedly fixed issues ). I got him back in Oct an have yet to run into any issues with parts falling off.

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got the first MP-09 and TRU. I seem to have been spared the majority of the issues people have with MP-09. MY TRU one does work slightly better and some parts do line up more smoothly. But my TRU has his own set of small little hick ups with different parts not lining up perfectly. Neither is perfect, but both are acceptable. My TRU has fewer issues, but I actually find the issues it has to be slightly more annoying/visible than my MP-09 issues.

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    my TRU Rodimus has minimal issues, but some of the parts by design seem to invite stress marks.