So, what is everyone doing about their broken crank cases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i heard that crank case has been getting a lot of figures with broken fingers out of the box....the one i just picked up happens to be a victim as well.

What is everyone doing in this regard to get their money back/replacement?

Is there like a petition to hasbro or any email address i should send my displeasure too? It's not like these things are cheap anymore....$15 bucks for a broken toy (some TRU's it's $20).

/i'd post a pic of my crank case giving hasbro the finger...but i can't....because they werent even found floating around in the package. they were just completely missing!

2. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not a case of them being broken, the fingers were removed on purpose. My guess is it's because they realized a figure with a giant middle finger isn't such a good idea, but I haven't paid too much attention to it since I don't mind it myself. I'm sure someone else can tell you a better reason for it.

There's some new ones floating around that have new hands though, I believe. Or better yet, there's a way to tell if a Crankcase has his long finger from the packaging or if it will be broken, like a number on the box or something.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not broken, some of them were clipped on purpose.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Dealing with it like a sensible person?

It isn't broken, it happens to be clipped. That takes nothing away from how awesome my Dread looks right now.

5. Bottom Out

that is pathetic! I seriously want my money back. It is broken...my figures middle fingers are cut off, they werent remolded or anything...they are just chopped off.

if they remolded it because of a saftey hazard then i want one with the remolded hands. I dont think I'm asking for too much here.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Dude, just buy another with the higher number on the back. It'll be a remolded one. Then take that one back.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's not 'broken', that's an intentional change introduced somewhere in the run. Just take it back to the store, if you still have the receipt. Or conversely, find one with remolded hands, buy it, swap it out for the clipped version and then return the clipped one with that receipt. This thread provides the numbers to look for if you want a figure with the remolded hands.

Personally, I have a clipped Crankcase and it doesn't bother me too much. I might trim the middle finger down a little to make it look more like the others, and I'll probably get a remolded version of the figure if I find one, but it's a low priority.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    go join the class action lawsuit that botcon thundercracker nut (extreme fanboy) started...i am sure he can use a co-compalintee about hasbro sticking it to the man.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    :lol 

10. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

What's this about a lawsuit?

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    If you want your money back then take it back to the goddamn store you bought it from. Those fingers not only look exactly like they're flipping you off, but they can also be a potentially unsafe object for children to play with. Hasbro is entirely justified, and they even rectified the problem by releasing crankcases with remolded hands. Calm down.

12. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

I think the main reason why people are pissed off is because of the sloppy way they deal with the issue.

Defective products should normally be called back, not multilated and kept quiet hoping people wont notice the difference.

As for unsafe...well the hands are made out of that soft bendy plastic so I higly doubt it'll cut children's fingers.

13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Some guy threatened Hasbro with a lawsuit because they were releasing Thundercracker in the Generations line claiming the Botcon set was supposed to be 'exclusive'. Some guys here then made a April's Fools joke out of it.'

14. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Send it back. Maybe if you're lucky theyll send you an Elita1 instead.

15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

It's not really that big a deal (or is it? I don't actually have this toy), but he's right, Hasbro's temporary solution is less than fantastic.

Funny thing is although I don't care about Crankcase, I almost got one just on the off chance I might get one with the fingers still.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love to get one of the unclipped ones, but I don't have the patience to dig through product codes and whatnot. Nor the money.

Sir, your sig is awesome. It damn near wrecked me when I got a good look at it.

17. Bottom Out

to those claiming it's not broken...it's broken. The finger is essentially snapped off. It doesnt matter if it happened intentionally at the factory or not. The digit was broken off of the hand mold. simple as that - its broken.

and that's exactly my problem. a lot of you guys think im much more excited than I actually am. I am really just surprised and disappointed in hasbro for the way they handled the situation.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No, it's not. See that fine print at the bottom that reads: "Product and colors may vary."? That's what this is. Hasbro did this to most likely save their asses from the backlash of a toy flipping the birdie.

Take your toy back to TRU and get a refund if you're so bummed about it.

19. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    i bought one before the release date way back in march and he is the only one of my three dreads with the full finger kinda makes me presume crankcase

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm fortunate to have bought a Crankcase with the remolded hands. Good thing I waited until after I saw people posting about Crankcases with remolded hands being on the shelves beforehand. I certainly didn't want to waste my money buying Crankcase only to find he had clipped fingers.