So what if Megatron was actually 1 of the 13

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Jan 15, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I know that he's not.

As the mythology seems to go (according to my understanding at least) Megatron took his name from Megatronus- The Fallen- one of the original 13.

However, what if Megatron- Optimus' old foe- was actually Megatronus-The Fallen- 1 of the 13- himself?

Would that make for a better story / mythology? Cheapen it? No effect?

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What continuity is this?

3. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Well, lets put aside everything this theory would invalidate for a minute and look at things from a certain point of view:

I actually think it would explain a lot of things if this were true. The main one is how easy it is for Megatron to beat even the best of the Autobots have to offer in battle without breaking a sweat ninety percent of the time. Even those who are made for battle.

Out

4. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Any continuity that can use the Original 13. I guess that's meant for PRIME... altho I don't see why the idea behind the original 13 can't be adapted into G1 either since it had Alpha Trion and the comics had Primus.

And that's kinda what I was thinking too.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The 13 are officially considered to be in everything. Which I have no problem with. Even Animated, despite their use of the title 'Prime'.

As for the OP, I don't dig it. Why is it Optimus is the only Prime that Megatron(us) is having problems with, when he was so unbeatable prior?

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The thing is that Megatronus became The Fallen, so that would mean Megatron would need to be constantly on fire and be a kiss-ass to Unicron.

Then again, the Titanium The Fallen was based off of an unused Megatron design. hmmmm...

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Because another of the original 13 re-built him to stand up to Megatron.

My post was more of a "what if..." and less of an explanation, so therefore Megatron doesn't always have to be on fire.

And his sole motivation can still ultimately serve Unicron.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Might make for an interesting development if a future continuity features a time-travel storyline. Megatron Idolizes the Fallen, travels back in time, and finds that he is the Fallen himself. Kind of like what happened at the end of Evil Dead 2.

9. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    WOOOW, I can't believe I completely forgot about that. (or he knew that Orion was the only one with the potential to do so) but either way...that would prove interesting, in a new series, of course.

10. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Alright... here's some more imagination thrown in:

Primus creates the 13 to one day defend him from Unicron.
    Unicron attacks and is defeated (but not destroyed) by Prima, with what will later be The Matrix in the hilt of the sword.

Unicron entices Megatronus to betray Primus and create an army to kill Prima and any following Prime and overthrow Cybetron so that Unicron can finally destroy Primus. Megatronus's reward would be the controll of any part of the galaxy that he desires. So Unicron reformats Megatronus into Megatron for the plan of domination.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In any other continuity besides G1, this would be a pretty interesting idea. As was mentioned before, it shows why Megatron can take punishment that would kill Optimus Prime.

12. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    They could simply say Megatron is a descendant of Megatronious.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    An idea I've been considering is the possibility of Megatronus / Fallen possessing / merging with Megatron. It was possible in the Dreamwave continuity - Fallen's in Jetfire according to the unpublished Simon Furman script - so presumably you could get Megatron and Megatronus to merge and become one somehow.

14. D_usk

D_usk Stealer of Racks of Lamb!

Hmmm... it's an interesting idea, but in my opinion, I think it's best to keep Megatron where he is; just the arch nemesis of Optimus Prime. I really don't think he should also be The Fallen as well. I kind of like The Fallen as a separate character. But that's just me.

15. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The OP's idea is quite frankly awesome - it makes Megatron the demon that has ravaged the Transformers for their entire existence, sort of like how Megatron has been the main villain for most of the Transformers franchise. It also adds an element of the anti-Christ to Megatron, making him a mythical enemy.

It also gels very well in a meta sense, with the successor Megatrons introduced in Beast Wars - numerous figures taking up the name Megatron, only in this case, Megatron would pretend to be someone else who took up his name, when in fact he is using this fiction to let himself operate relatively openly. It also gels well with the fact that over the history of the franchise, Megatron has had no consistent form - he continually changes his form to meet his current needs. As for why he doesn't look like the Fallen, all of his previous forms could be disguises taken on to hide his true self from the other Primes. You could rework his main form to resemble Megatron slightly, with the grilled faceplate resembling the one he had in Beast Machines. Throw in the fusion cannon Pat Lee's original Fallen design had, and this idea is looking damned good.

However, this has some implications. If Megatron is going to be elevated to demigodhood, he has to be a horrifically powerful threat, and he has to live up to the reputation of eons-worth of galactic tyrants and butchers. If this is done, he has no choice but to be an absolute nightmare who could take on 99% of the Autobots single-handed. He's got to be pure, relentless evil. He cannot be viewed with a shred of sympathy; he cannot be taken lightly. Whenever he's on screen, he must do something truly horrific to someone important to the audience, whether it is physical or emotional torment. He has to inspire absolute terror in nearly everyone he comes across. Even angels should fear him.

Merging Megatron and the Fallen also has the side effect of tying Megatron and Optimus Prime together via the Prime lineage. Optimus, the greatest in a long line of Primes, could oppose the one Prime who turned against their father, Primus. It's like Lucifer and the Archangel Michael going head to head.

Edit: If I ever get around to writing a fanfic idea, I am using this for Megatron, with credits to Bellpeppers, of course.

16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Bingo!
    Altho you took it a bit firther than I did... it is certainly epic and entertaining storytelling.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd buy the epic evil Megatron for continuities that don't involve Unicron. Because isn't that Unicron's role already, to be the epic, big bad evil force in the Universe?

18. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I like it from one perspective but I have always liked the idea that Autobots and Decepticons choose what they are and that Megatron is nothing more than an Evil Cybertronian who came to power in one area of Cybertron built an army and attacked the Autobots

19. Kaje

Kaje Well-Known Member

All continuities involve Unicron. Even the Fallen is his henchman.

20. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks, bellpeppers.