So...what happened to G1 Season 4?????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dragooner, Sep 23, 2008.

1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

That was the original plan for the comic as well but for some reason the plan failed.

2. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sucks that they didn't continue along with Season 4. I would have loved to see it continue.

3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'm not a big fan of the Japanese episodes, but I do like their idea for the Headmasters than the US version.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I read somewhere on these boards that there was some new rule passed that a company couldn't advertise their own products during their own shows commercials. Like, TFs couldn't have toy commercials for themselves. So, TF and other toys cartoons became commercial vehicles for the competitions toys. Seeing as the sole purpose of these cartoons were to sell toys, and they couldn't really do that anymore without advertising competition, they pulled the plug on several of Hasbro's cartoons.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I never heard anything like that before.And I'm not sure how much I would believe that [not implying anything twards you] considering that when "The Rebirth" aired it was accompanied by a few TF toy commercials such as the one for Punch/Counterpunch as well as the commercial for Marvels G1 comic.[I still have my original VHS recording]

The only think that I heard that might be similar to that was that Hasbro [or who ever] could no longer demand that adds from the completion not be run in the middle of their time slot.

I know that Hasbro tried to keep competing toy's from having commercials in their time slot.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would bring up the thread, but I don't recall how and when it popped up only I know it was this year sometime. Whatever the case, I have no idea how true it was, just something that was posted here.

EDIT: Ahh, here we go. It was a thread about a Jack Angel interview.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/159431-jack-angel-interview.html

Quote:

"Jack Angel: There no way to tell. If someone had told me a show about a sponge that lives at the bottom of the sea and wears square pants would even get made, let alone be the most popular kids show on TV, I would have said no fucking way. And if you want to know what happened to most of those Marvel shows, it all rests on Gem. The FCC ruled that a toy company couldn’t run a commercial for a toy, like the Gem doll, in the show from which it came, because that would make the show one long commercial. So Mattel ran ads for Barbie in the Gem show. Gem was number 1 with little girls after school, and at Christmas time, Barbie dolls flew off the shelves and the Gem doll just sat there.

Hasbro decided that all they did was provide their biggest rival with a platform on which they could sell their toys. They cancelled their contract with Marvel."

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Interesting.

I'll say again thou that TF adds ran with "The Rebirth" so the ruling must have been modified.