so, what ever happened to the Alternators case ratio change...& distribution (Prowl)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JetBrawn, Mar 18, 2006.

1. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

I seem to remember that the big change in Hasbro's improvement of the Alts distribution was to release single-character cases.

Walmart and other chains had been complaining and Walmart had even dropped the Alt line for months, until the rerelease at the new year.

But it's the exact same story of shelf-warming items now with Tracks, Skids, and Sunstreaker crowding the stores. Even Rollbar now.

and what ever happened to Prowl? I picked one up but didn't see him much after that. Wonder if they will ever re-release him.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    He was in what, two waves maybe three? One of those two (or three) waves was really widely distro-ed, the first bubble package wave. He is all over the place here.

Now, if we are talking red box version; that one I only saw once (and grabbed very, very quickly).

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

No matter how they pack em, the Alts will always keep the shelves warm.
    Guess they don't go as fast since mostly adults buy them.

Plus they have to go against the Power Rangers , some Star Wars & Sigma Six warmers.

Of all the bitching we've had lately (I wahh'ed too) Im glad Tracks and Prowl are warming the shelves now. I see Skids,Tracks, Prowls & Sunstreakers all the time now and Im loving it. There's definitely alot less "Can't find Alt ___" threads than there was.

Alt Prime will probably be all over the place. Tempted to just get a case of him.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I remember right, this came from some guy that worked at a Walmart. Looking back, it was probably just wishful thinking more than anything.

I have been pretty happy with Alt distribution for the for the last 6 months or so. There have been a few shelf warmers, but they're not that bad as say Ravage and Windcharger. I'm not looking forward to Tracks shipping again though. Hasbro definitely over estimated his demand.

On a semi-related topic, has anyone else noticed that TRU is shipping old Alt assortments again? For the past few weeks, the local TRU has been getting the Shockblast/Wheeljack assortment. Needless to say, they haven't sold any of them. :thumbdown 

5. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I think what happens ...

1. new case appears
    2. fans clear the entire shelf, thus ... shelf empty in a matter of hours.
    3. restock appears
    4. another fan clears the shelf
    5. walmart ups the restocking to 2 cases because they sold so well
    (repeat)

I think the inital batch + fans screwed up their projected sales. I should take a picture, but at my local Wal-Mart ... there are 6 cases sitting on the shelf.

This happened last year too. The Meister case appeared in mid March at TRU for no reason.

The TRU here has 1 Prowl (fishbowl) and 12+ Shockblasts.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    As far as Prowl goes, I guess it depends on your location...here it's just as bad a shelfwarmer as Tracks, Skids and Sunstreaker,

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

The bubble packages seem t o be clogging shelves here as well. Although I have yet to see Richochet or Rollbar, which makes me sad in the pants.

8. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

yep, here Prowl has sold like gold, leaving all the others. I've seen Ricochet and Rollbar as many times as Prowl (like 3x). That's ever - at TRU, Targets, and Walmarts.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I think that "rumor" about single case alts was a crock O crap just like I thought it was. I do not put much faith in rumors until there Factual PROOF of it. I had a feeling that guy was blowing it out his exhaust pipe...lol....as for seing prowl? TOO MUCH...i wish he would go away because I know walmart is looking at him not selling and thinking of ordering ONE case of the prime assortment....I like another guy mentioned here, have a walmart that has AT LEAST 6 full cases on the shelves of track, prowl,skids and sunny! The other walmart had none left until rollie and ricos wave showed up, which I bought...but now skids and sunny as just sitting there....collecting dust! lol.

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Prowl is a shelf warmer now? Thats funny, because I still cant find him. I guess I'll have to check Target on Monday.

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Right now Prowl is clogging up the shelves as much as Skids and Sunstreaker. Have yet to see any of the newer Alts. Beginning to wonder if I ever will. :cry 

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    We saw a smattering of Ricochet and Rollbar for about a week I'd say... Then they all disappeared and ALTs haven't seemed to have been restocked since... There's not that many on eBay either... I guess it had something to do with the inventory thing... But they will be released in later cases anyways...

It's been really quiet as far as ALT sightings... I would say they will start showing up really soon... Like the calm before the storm...:lol 

13. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Tracks and Skids are the warmers here. I haven't seen any red box Alts in a while, now that I think about it. Alts move, but not quickly.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

if anyone needs prowl tru.com has him...dosnt look like him by the title but it is......or I would be willing to pick up one of the many at the one walmart. they have at least 4 or 5.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

If anyone stateside sees any Ricochets or Rollbars, snag em up for Dark Convoy.

16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    NO!!! I REFUSE!!! :lol