So, What Are The Chances...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Goldlock, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Personally I enjoyed DOTM from an entertaining film perspective, and so did the entire audience in the theatre. Yes it could have been improved upon, but so could most films IMO; just to get that out of the way.

But judging by all the 'OH NOES!' about trivial little details/people's personal preferences about character portrayals, as having ruined the movie; it's going to be "Groundhog Day" when the reboot comes along...I mean come on, complaining about brutal deaths; don't know about anyone else, but i've yet to see a 'family friendly' killing?!

When there's a glaring lack of cohesion & gaping plot holes like ROTF, then mass criticism is fair enough. That is something everyone, not just us fans notice. Afterall, these movies weren't made soley for our gratification....we're all entitled to opinions, but well...

Anyway, when (not if) the reboot eventually happens, it seems the writers could go any direction they wanted to make a workeable movie. But unless it's absolute G1 fanwankery, it seems a lot of people are going to be nit-picking at the most unequivocal little things; which seems like a real slap in the face to all the people that work their arses off to get these flicks to the big-screen.

Anybody else feel the same?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I was thinking about this the other day. For me, the tone, characters and style of the TF movieverse is so well established now, I'm not sure how well a reboot would work. I'm not saying it wouldn't, but how do you start something this big all over again, especially when the first movie was already an origin story?

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In a reboot - the movie needs to focus on the Transformer characters, not the human characters. The humans should be (minor) supporting cast, the focus should be on the robots. I don't care if it's Bayformers 4, G1 Part 2, or Prime: The Movie, it should be about the robots not the humans they pal around with.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I honestly doubt any studio able to afford to produce a TF movie would be brave enough to do this.

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    for me, the movieverse ends here.the ending was straight forward, and i doubt they'd make a fourth with unicron. a tf:p rime movie is what im waiting for.not a reboot.

6. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

I agree. Overall the movie rocked. I enjoyed it a lot. And... as a true TF fan... there were a few things I would've liked to see or change.

BUT... I do agree with you. These films were not made solely for us, the TF fans. The theatre was packed last night and everyone seemed to completely love it. And from talking to others who are not Core TF fans... they NEVER pick apart the little character things the core fans seem to vent on. As far as they are concerned... it was an awesome piece of entertainment. End of Story.

And I also agree... a lot of people worked extremely hard to bring us these films. And they at least deserve a thanks for that, even if we don't like the movies.

7. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

Yes, as much as I would want a more TF "Robot" based movie... I agree with you here.. it will never happen. It's the human element that brings in the masses who are not core TF fans.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Same reason we'll never get a Beast Wars movie :redface2: 

9. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

The reboot should be a scene-by-scene retelling of the '86 movie, then it will be a massive flop and all the Gewunners will shut up. Even that would be nit-picked by the "true fans". :rolleyes: 

Personally I'd like to see a TF4 with a new director (Speilberg?) and come up with some new and fresh ideas for the story.

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    You have no clue how expensive a movie with only live action robots with a little bit of humans would cost.

Right now I'm pleasantly surprised at what we got already considering how it costs more money to make things even more realistic. Wanna add a reflective layer? k 500$ for this frame Mr. Bay.