So what are the chances of a leader class Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rapid_fire, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    He is slated as MM-06 after MM-05 Blackout

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Agreed! I would love to see a leader version of DotM Megatron.

He's surprisingly good for a Deluxe-class figure, and better than most voyagers IMO. Plus, he'll look great next to DotM Deluxe Ratchet. :D 

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A good DOTM HA Ratchet will do.

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I for one would love to see a Leader Class Ratchet.I know a lot of people don't care for the Voyager Ratchet mold,but it's actually one of my favorites.I don't know if it's the blockiness of him that kinda reminds of a G1 figure.I know it'll never happen though.

5. Tuscuttar

Tuscuttar The Cult of Personality

I'd love a leader class of anything (as long it was a big Transformer in the film, I'm looking at you DotM Bumblebee >:| ) A Ratchet would be nice, or a big HA or voyager. I have a feeling they're gonna do a HFTD-like sub line next year with Shockwave or a Megatron (or some other highly anticipated Decepticon that never got the leader treatment it deserved : Leader Starscream) For right now I'm happy with Leader Sentinel and Ironhide, although a decepticon should've took BBs place. So yeah, I don't think it's likely but I'd buy a Leader Ratchet

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
  7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way I could see it happening is if the Movieverse doesn't get a reboot after DotM and the current characters/designs carry through to TF4. Otherwise, I just don't see the room for a Leader Ratchet in the DotM line. We already have three Leader slots filled with Sentinel Prime, Bumblebee and Ironhide and we usually only get four new Leader molds per movie, so that's just one more slot left. And I'd imagine Megatron or Shockwave would be higher on the list for a new Leader figure, especially since there aren't any Decepticons at that price point yet.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    about as much of a chance as there is of getting a leader class Blackout/Grindor

9. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I've always wanted an Ironhide that will fit in with my Human Alliance figures, as the HA line is my favorite TF line. I'd like a Ratchet to fit in with the line, too, but I'm not so big of a Ratchet fan that I'm clamoring for it.

But, Ironhide is my favorite TF anyway, so a big badass figure of him wouldn't even have to fit in with any of my other figures - I'd buy him anyway.

I have leader Prime, and I don't own any other movie Primes because it's such an awesome figure, and he looks good next to my deluxes and voyagers of other characters.

10. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I rather like the larger toys, despite long having run out of room to keep them properly :)  It's really only RotF leader Prime that was particularly complicated - both leader Megatrons were very simple, leader Brawl, whilst finicky with the side panels, actually had quite a smiple transformation, and Starscream had just the right balance.

I think a bigger Ratchet would be nice, either leader or "ultra equivalent" scale. Soemthing that gives him the heft expected of a Humvee, and allows a more accurate robot mode.

Whether or not it will happen, though... I can't say :( 

11. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I tend to think a Leader Ratchet is highly unlikely. He's not a particularly popular character (okay, fine, neither is Brawl - that figure is an exception) and doesn't lend himself well to action gimmicks, which the class features heavily.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

only after blackout and the fallen.

id settle for a little larger human alliance ratchet that makes him a little smaller than leader iron hide but bigger than ha bumblebee.

13. 420bot

420bot ******

What is this scale you speak of?
    For example if you wanna have good accurate scale with these new movie toys you gotta buy both leader and voyager Ironhides b/c the leaders topkick alt mode is correct size but then Ironhide is too big in robot mode compared with Prime.
    And the dotm voyager Ironhide is probably way to small now so it's impossible, lol.
    There are several figures like this now.
    I just want high grade in scale movie figures, but thats just a dream.

14. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wrong. Leader Ironhide's bot mode is NOT too big. Prime's bot mode is too SMALL. Don't believe me? Stand HA BB and others next to leader Ironhide, and they're in scale. Put leader Prime next to them, and they all look too big. Thus, too small. Done. I win.

15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    No thanks. I'd prefer a new Voyager. Bring on Leader Megs and Shocky!

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

[​IMG]

17. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

would really love a new Ratchet figure that actually looks like the movie.

But the current ratchet is already in scale with the rest of the bots if you use leader prime, leader ironhide, voyager ratchet and the rest as human alliance.

Check out this pic for size comparisons of them all standing in a hanger

[​IMG]

then this one as well

[​IMG]

then all the toys

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    A new voyager will be fine.

19. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    rapid fire that last pic with all of the toys i dont think that is leader prime i think that is that upsized KO

seems like not long ago (way after the month of april) we heard that ratchet was being talked about for a leader toy, i would prefer either that or a HA ratchet (yeah i know that one is a huge dream) just becasue a voyager of him at current size i think would still be a little on the small side

oh well one can dream

20. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Serious, just being a bit abrasive. But yeah, Ratchet needs to be a bit taller than BB, and the voyager is about the same height as HA BB. But yeah, the problem with that is leader Prime being too short. I SO wish they'd do a supreme class Prime, with the fuel tank guns, swords, AND jetpack. I'd pay $150 easy for that, if not more.