So, what about the 13 Primes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JazzIsBeast, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

In my opinion I think they're different roles, and I think a knight of cybertron would serve a prime....much like the round table served King Arthur

Brain wave.....what if Optimus is Arthur or the prophecy of him returning and that's the link, or maybe both him and Cade represent that...
    I'm still on the fence, I'm not entirely sure that we get to meet the last knight in this film, this may just be showing how they discover their own history etc and suddenly realise they need this last knight but have no idea who it is and that's a revelation for another movie, or even that the last knight is actually something that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of where the cinematic universe is going....it may just be a sequence of events that just leads our favourite transformers pointing down certain paths and the knights are just the first part of this....so the primes and knights thing may end up being unrelated and the only connection to the future was Optimus all along

• Like Like x 1
  2. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

For advertising, spreading the word about the new movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    In would really like that actually. That would give Optimus, Hot Rod or Bee the chance.

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

The problem with the app being canon is that it not only spoils this movie. But any future movies as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

It also push towards the prime/rid continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This makes me really wish they hadn't waited until movie 5 to really nail down a story and continuity. Individually some of the stuff they've done is pretty neat, but as a whole it's a hodgepodge.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If they do go ahead with the 13 Prime idea for the movies but tweek it to not have it contradict the existing timeline I wonder if they'll make it so they'll have Quintessa be among the 13? After all she fills in the role of Quintis Prime anyway so why not embrace that completely? Not to mention it can provide some backstory and give her motivation about why she's doing the actions in TLK the way she's doing it. Like maybe after seeing what the Fallen did to her fellow Primes and what the war brought she can come to the conclusion that it needed to be rebuilt from scratch by well killing all of them and using Earth as a means to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

It's gonna take something really deep like this I think to make it work, it's going to be really interesting to see how they've managed to get around the continuity issues

• Like Like x 1
  9. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    I don't think this is canon, it blatantly contradicts the Movies so much that it's ridiculous. It only exists to advertise TF5.

10. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

Regardless if it's canon or not it people can't simply ignore last 5 years of Transformers direction. Hasbro spent an insane amount of money making the Aligned universe lore. They're not going to allow all of it to end just because the Hub came crashing down. They need to get their mileage out of it.

The most obvious example is the Aligned lore is being pretty brutally inserted in the IDW universe even though some of it contradict what the IDW writers have been establishing for years so now they have to work around it and retcon stuff. Not only that but Hasbro now has a whole animation studio for themselves and have done the Allspark pictures thing so they will probably have a bigger say in what happens in the movies.

It's obvious what Hasbro is doing actually. Transformers as a franchise has been going on for 30 years without any concrete mythos. Every new series every new comic destroys everything that came before it and rebuilds everything from scratch. That's not cool anymore, continuity and lore is cool again.

Ask someone basic Superman lore and the aver person will be able to tell you a surprising amount of it because Superman hat consistent mythos though the years. Ask someone basic Transformers mythos and they'll probably go "they are robots and Optimus and Megatron fight eachother". You can't build a massive media franchise like Hasbro obviously wants on just that.

So weather movie fans like it or not, there is every chance that Hasbro will demand Aligned Lore or aligned style lore to be inserted into the movie universe in order to build a large brand recognize ability.

Besides every movie retcons the previous one anyway (oh Megatron came to earth for the Allspak, oh no he came because the Fallen need the allspark for reason, oh no he came because he wanted to make an alliance with Sentinel is just the most obious example).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I think we forget one important detail.
    Its not the primes who are the center of attention. Its the knights who are barely mentioned if at all in aligned.

• Like Like x 1