So, what about the 13 Primes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JazzIsBeast, Apr 12, 2017.

1. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

So with the new trailer out, there is a whole new slate of information to buzz and theorize about. But for me, there's one aspect of the film universe that I'm wondering how they'll address it.

So we know that the 13 Primes were the original Transformers, and Sentinel and Optimus are their descendants (and may be their direct offspring of some sorts, IIRC?). And we know that Optimus is a knight, a supposed ancient warrior group that are "crusaders".

So how do you guys think the knights and primes will connect, seeing as there is already someone - OP - connecting them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The Knights of Cybertron are next in the line of hierarchy right after the Primes. I don't think they'll be connected as they're both different entities. Optimus is a Knight that just happens to be a Prime.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

I thought there were only 7 Primes in the movieverse?

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Seven and all dead

• Like Like x 4
  5. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Retconned. According to the official timeline for the film, there's 13 Primes. Each one of them had been given a relic from Primus; the Prime know as the Thirteenth has the Matrix of Leadership. On Cybertron there was a prophecy about the Thirteenth Prime, that a Warrior King would wield the Matrix to light the Darkest hour and lead Cybertron into a new Golden Age as he unites the universe under his rule.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I wouldn't take that app timeline as entirely canon. It's very obviously the result of somebody shoehorning a few bits of movie-specific backstory (AllSpark crashing on Earth, Knights of Cybertron stealing a Quintesson artefact, working with human knights, etc.) into the history of the Aligned universe.

Accepting the app timeline as being canon for the films would also mean accepting that ROTF and DOTM are no longer canon - the Aligned story of the Primes it uses is incompatible with ROTF's backstory, and it has Sentinel Prime die on Cybertron early in the war.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Until bay says otherwise, there were only 7.
    No app or comic can change that

• Like Like x 1
  8. BumblebeeFan71

Well I imagine some details are screwed up, yes. It's why I didn't take into account everything the timeline said. But it did match up nicely with what TLK is setting up. Hopefully it'll be explained better in the film but for the most part the timeline at least seems to show the basis their aiming for.

It's an official app for the movie and Bay helped create said timeline.

9. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Movieverse Junkie TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They literally just used the aligned backstory, then added in what we already know from the movies. I don't think Bay would be involved in the app, which isn't 100% movie focussed anyway, even the Cybertron probe game uses Generations material, so I think it's just been tenuously cobbled together.

10. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

This movie series is one of the best examples of 'make it up as you go along', so it's tough to say exactly what's canon and how certain things relate to one another as each successive movie debuts. I appreciate some of the efforts to try something new, but at the same time, there's so much other existing material they could have drawn from and blended to form one cohesive storyline.

11. BumblebeeFan71

Why would Hasbro publish a timeline that they aren't even going to use? That's how I know it isn't cobbled together. Besides Bay mentioned they had look at other continuities too for inspirations when crafting the backstory. But again I imagine details did get screwed up, Hasbro has been known to do that from time to time.

12. JazzIsBeast

Whoah, so DotM isn't canon anymore?

13. JazzIsBeast

How can that be, if AoE is a DIRECT RESULT of the actions in that movie???

14. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

It was a bad dream of the 7.
    Who woke up six more.

15. Reask

Reask Predacon

Wait wait wait, I thought the Matrix was used by all 7 ancient Primes as an on button for the sun harvester before the 6 Primes sacrificed themselves to hid it. It was quite clear in this continuity that neither Sentinel nor Optimus were chosen by the Matrix to become Primes.

16. Reask

Reask Predacon

No it's still canon, the trailer for The Last Knight showed The Ark still on the moon and Quintessa refers to Optimus destroying Cybertron in that film.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People, that timeline is not canon. Some parts may be, but as a whole, it does not.
    End of story.

• Like Like x 3
  18. BumblebeeFan71

Those details are confusing as well. My only hope is that it's explained better in the movie.

19. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THE F*CKING APP IS NOT CANON

20. BumblebeeFan71

Well it has to be. Why would Hasbro put up a timeline they aren't even going to use. But it's obvious details got mixed up because Hasbro is known to do that. You know once on their MLP section of their official website they once labeled Applejack's grandmother and sister as her daughters.

This is why I say to take the timeline with a grain of salt. That essentially means to take it's word for it but know there's a chance there's misinformation.

I bring the Primes, Dark Energon, and Cybertron's prophecy about the Warrior King because those details seem like they could be pretty accurate. There's also. The fighting in wars but the movie more of confirmed that itself.