So...what about Hot Rod?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spica, Jun 10, 2011.

1. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, with this will be the last movie of the saga. But many characters were left behind in the production. Like Grimlock (Bay didnt wanted a dino running around a city, but he could have been changed to a truck monster or other car)

But most of the movies sagas are turn into cartoon, it could be a change to see a sequel in cartoon of the movie storyline. What I am saying is that I really wanted to see Hot Rod in the saga.

More like a teenager autobot, with his doubts of his capacity of leader and soldier, and some how dealing with the situation of be the next prime. I dont know how to explain complete my idea, but I think I could be a good twist in the storyline.

What do you think?

2. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

If they do a sequel without Bay (which is looking extremely likely) then I'd be amazed if Hot Rod didn't make an appearance.

3. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I would think that if another movie and or a whole new trilogy is done, we will most definitely see Hot Rod and Magnus

4. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    Hot Rod sucks. We have younger autobots already like Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Mirage, Skids, Mudflap etc.

5. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

How is Sideswipe young? Bee could even be considered an "adult" compaired to the Twins.

6. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    Well we obviously have no idea of their actual ages relative to human years but its said sideswipe is a newer breed of autobot created in the war specifically for fighting. So, in comparison to Optimus or Ironhide who were at the beginning of the war, he is relatively "young"

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

meh, I don't care, for me, Hot Rod can be a medic if they want

8. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally, I think we already have a Hot Rod in Movie Bumblebee and I think that could be used to tie together a new Trilogy. I personally feel no one like Rodimus because he was a new character no one got to know before he was made Prime, but I think most of the fans that were pulled in from the live action movies love Bumblebee, and would accept him as the new leader. I was thinking something like this:

Optimus is killed by Galvatron (new badguy, separate from Megatron) but the Autobots recover the Matrix. At a critical point towards the end of the movie, BB is beaten and left for dead alone with the Matrix. We have a "Light our darkest hour" moment and the Matrix starts shooting out metal tendrils (think a cross between the Driller's tentacles and Spiderman 3 Venom's black goo-webbing) and cocoons BB under an overpass.

We cut back and forth from some major battle the Autobots are losing, and this pulsing cocoon, which puts out more tendrils and pulling in metal and a most importantly a red ladder truck. We then get a voice over from Optimus about how his most important legacy was to make sure there always would be a Prime to lead the Autobots, then of course, "Arise, Bumblebee Prime." and we see a huge fist break it's way out of the metal cocoon.

Then cut to the battle, where we see a yellow ladder truck redo shot for shot Optimus's arrival for the final battle in the first movie (come through the alley, hit the trash can, skid and transform) and we finally see the reformatted Bumblebee as the new Prime. He then proceeds to turn the tide of battle and chase Galvatron off for now.

This way, we have the set up for Movie 5 and 6, and a leader of the Autobots that people have grown up with instead of someone just dropped on us. Plus, I always though a movie version of this:
    [​IMG]
    would work perfect as an upgrade to BB.

9. DarkChild

DarkChild innocent

something tells me you've had this Bumblebee Prime idea lying around for a while ;) 

Sorry, I dont see it, Bumblebee as bearer of the Matrix, leading the Autobots...without a voice???

I know its not G1, but that would mean too much of a change.

We wouldnt need Galvatron or Megatron either, Rumble would fit nicely as Decepticon leader

Plus a reboot usually doesnt mean you can 'relate to a character from the previous movies'

I'm sorry, I just dont see it happening

10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    are you serious? i dont even think he would appear even in a reboot. he's already had his shinning moment.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As unlikely as it is to happen, I really like that idea.

12. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

worth repeating.

13. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen Hot Rod as leader after Prime died in ROTF.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    DOTM would be the chance to get Hot Rod in, otherwise it's up to Hollywood from here.

15. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Yeah hot rod had his own movie for pete's sake. Leave him out of this... don't want another optimus death to happen :lol 

16. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe not, I just think it would fit better than trying to shoehorn Hot Rod into the Movies. I would totally give him is voice back. Mark Ryon needs more lines. And I don't care who the bad guy is, I just think Megatron needs to rest for a little bit.

No matter how the next film turns out, I'd be really surprised if it's a real reboot. I'm thinking more of a "push ahead 20 years or so" and have new bots with maybe more of a TF Prime look (something between the Movies and Universe). They might be thinking reboot now, but once they see how the Spiderman reboot goes, the idea will be dropped (trust me on this one, while us cartoon and comic fans are use to retcons, average movie goers are not (Punisher: War Zone or Highlander 2 anyone?) and I think it's going to fail badly no matter how much they put into it.)

17. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Hot Rod does not need to be leader, prime does not need to die...but hot rod should be in the movies as a defiant young warrior with a grudge against prime. like depth charge in beast wars was towads prime, that was a fantastic character and would add conflict in the autobot ranks. but at the end of the day hot rod saves the day by saving prime and there is another autobot hero in the movies besides prime...

18. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Hasbro Can't use the name Hot Rod or Autobot Hot Rod. It will be Rodimus ever more.

19. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

and if this ^^^^^^^ were to happen if need be the next prime we all know should be springer!!! he has the most potential to be a great leader

20. mariobros27772

mariobros27772 Well-Known Member

i was thinking the same thing... continue the story with a massive jump (Just like the original g1 movie) where sam and carly are married and grown up and have hot rod be the new optimus (or maybe even the role of a new guardian, or even have bumblebee stay with a gold paint scheme as an homage to Goldbug). There is a huge possibility for this to be done. Another trilogy allows new faces for the series (humans and robots as well) and for new stories. Maybe have Rodimus find a new Matrix and becomes Rodimus Prime, courtesy of the Autobot Gods, or have Megatron actually be rebor into Galvatron, and with starscream gone, he can have Scourge and Cyclonus as henchmen with sweep drones, maybe even have the finally be an EPIC unicorn battle with the transformers from the first triology. The possibilities are endless.

If they do a 4th(5th, or 6th) movie, I just hope it is in the same style as Michael Bay transformers, because say what you will about Michael Bay films, the movie verse looks totally badass and realisitic