So we're not getting Trilogy Wave... What about HFTD 2.0 ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slimshadow457, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

It's an idea that's been bouncing around in my mind ever since Trilogy Wave was cancelled. The gap between now and 2014 is pretty damn big, there's no way Prime can fill it all up by itself (or FOC either...). A toy line rarely runs for more than a year. So how 'bout HFTD 2.0? Sure, some of you may be sick of movie designs, but I love 'hem and I still want a few characters to add to my ever-growing numbers!

What do you guys think? Would you want this? And if so, what do you want to see? A leader Shockwave perhaps? HFTD gave us the Leader Starscream we never knew we'd love, after all... Or maybe the fourth and fifth movie-verse Stunticons, Wildrider and Motormaster? (Dead End and Brakedown were in ROTF, Dragstrip was in DOTM) Or total re-designs of loved characters like Prowl or Hound, just like they did for Brawn! I don't know. Is this a good idea? Do you guys want this?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

I want my two years without any movie toys please.

3. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Fixed.

:) 

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I could just get Cyberverse Soundwave, he'd be in scale with Deluxe Starscream and Voyager Megatron, easy!

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The whole reason they canceled Movie Trilogy is that stores don't want any more movie toys right now. I think their feeling is (and looking at store shelves, I have to agree) that they've sold as many as they are going to at the moment. In another couple years, they'll be back and probably sell great again. But right now, not so much.

I wouldn't mind seeing them, because unlike almost everyone else (apparently), I am not tired of movie toys or the movie aesthetic... although I guess I am tired of how they seem to be getting smaller and looking cheaper in quality. I would have loved a good Soundwave toy, but seeing that ugly chunk of waxy, gray, unpainted plastic in pictures makes me feel like I wouldn't have been happy with him anyway.

And if they did do a Leader DotM Megatron, I would be all over it. Not going to happen, but it would be nice.

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I would love to see a line full of redos that need to happen, characters that were previously skipped, and the odd background/video game/comic/concept-only bots that one wouldn't dare think had any real chance at happening.

...then again, so do fans of every continuity.

7. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Bring on Leader Shockwave please

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It would be nice if we get a HFTD 2.0 line or something similar, but sadly because there's low retail demand for any of the Movie toys and hence why all of the remaining DOTM toys plus the Movie Trilogy line -- save for the Deluxe Optimus Prime with trailer -- are canceled, I doubt we will ever get any new Movie toys until 2014 when TF4 comes out into theaters.

9. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

That's what I mean. They're tired of 'hem now, but in a year and a bit or so, they could get more :/

To be honest, aside from the 'dull' paint, the figure's great. One of my fave cons along with Mindwipe and Bludgeon on my shelf!! Then again I got the Tak version, but there's no difference if I remember correctly :S

You mean like Warpath from the game? ;)  But yeah, definitely. We never saw Hatchet or Crowbar, Dino, the Aerial bots from DOTM the game and a few comic characters like Prowl and such. (Yes, I want a movie-verse prowl if you hadn't understood XD)

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Prime, Fall of Cybertron, and Generations will fill up 2012 and 2013. 40 figures of Generations for 2013, remember?

11. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

If the story from Hasbro about low retail demand is accurate, then Hasbro is to blame. After all, they did stuff shelves with forty different Bumblebees at once. My local Wal Mart never got any subsequent waves after wave 1.

I'd really like to get a deluxe Wheeljack and Mirage, and I totally think that Hasbro should give us a Leader Shockwave and Blackout.

I don't see why either Takara or a third party couldn't produce some of these figures for us like Mirage.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

bandai should buy whole tfs line from hasbro

13. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Where did you hear the Trilogy line was canceled? The only thing that has come out is that the Dark of the Moon wave 6(Que, Leadfoot, Soundwave) was canceled.

14. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    At ToyFair last month it was confirmed that the Movie Trilogy Series would be "Asia only", other than the just-released Optimus Prime w/ trailer.

No US retailers wanted to order 10,000 more movie toys to put on their shelves.

15. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    As of now, Trilogy is exclusive to Asia, barring Trilogy Optimus Prime.

16. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks.

17. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    I have to say I see the likes of already tooled molds like Leadfoot,Soundwave and Que popping up in Generations.

it just makes sense.RTS mixed Classics and Movie styles,no reason it cant be done again for guys that were actually IN DOTM.

make it happen Hasbro.

18. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Not likely...seince movie toys are licensed with Paramount... unlike the rest of Generations. I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, they take too long to design and produce. I seem to recall hearing there is a 2-year development cycle on figures, which would mean to release new movie toys next year, they'd already have to be working on them now. And that isn't happening with them just canceling the ones they already had in the works.

20. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, just no.