So, um, are they going to do a "movie art" book?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Strikeback, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I thought I had heard something about this a while back, but does anyone know if they're going to be doing a "The Art Of Transformers"-type book about the movie? I'd love to have all the renderings of the Autobots & Decepticons in one place, and the concept art they showed on the DVD just whet my whistle more. I can't find anything about it online or the computers at work, but has this been talked about before?

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I don't know why the hell this movie doesn't have like 20 of these already... I want a japanese-style artbook showing every napkin scribble and render

3. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Seriously--I mean, this franchise seems custom made for art books.

4. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I know! There should've been a "Art of..." Book out for Transformers, but apparently its sucess was such a surprise to the industry, they probably didn't prepare a book for Transformers because they figured it would be another Big-Budget Blockbuster Flop. I mean, they made an "Art of..." book for Fantastic four (if memory sevres me correctly), for cripes sake (I'm not bashing it, the first film and second film are enjoyable movies), a movie everyone expected to flop in the theaters but managed to suceed where it counted, but not for Transformers? Louses.

But as it stands, I highly doubt they will, which is the sad part.

5. Schrecken

Schrecken Active Member

I think I've seen something like that on Ebay in the past. However, while it seemed to have stuff about the Tf's in the movie (and I think also some of the older ones) the text was in Japanese.

Not that that would matter if it was mostly pictures. I almost bid on one but the shipping was really high.

6. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm saddened there's no art book, but in the meantime you can always check concept artist Ben Procter's website. But yeah, I'd love an art book. I have all TLOTR ones, and I'm considering buying one on Beowulf.

7. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

For some reason I think they are trying to keep the Transformers as mysterious as possible by not releasing too much too soon. If they do release an art book it will probably show up at the same time a super special edition Director's cut DVD or even further down the line.

Remember, Star Wars took them like 20 years to release an art of book hehe. I think they are just holding on to those goodies to keep the amazement of the bots fresh.

Course that's just my own opinion and it may not make sense to anybody else.

8. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed there going milk this franchise for every penny it's got in it and more!I think we'll see at least 8 versions of the movie in the coming months!It's crazy!

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They probably don't want to release it because they're planning in using some of the scrapped ideas for future characters like one of Starscream's heads for other seekers.

10. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    I'd like an art book myself, particularly to see how the designs evolved from their G1 counterparts into what they became in the movie. With any luck, once TFs is a proven franchise with the sequel (one successful movie isn't really enough as the sequel could always bomb. Probably not, but it's a remote possibility) they'll put one out collecting the concepts from both movies.

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Studying Soundwave in one book and how he evolved into Blackout and Frenzy before appearing in the sequel as himself would make sense.

12. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

if they did 1 it would probly be filled with the tired old disco dance poses cuse they got such a boner forem.