So two kids just tried to mug me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cast, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

and the shock is wearing off and i am actually shit scared, possibly why i am on line in the middle of the night rambling.

they got nothing, thankfully a black cab pulled up and i jumped in before they knew what was happening but damn man this has pissed me off and totally freaked me out. I got one side of my brain telling me to never leave the house again and another side saying pick up a few of my swords and go out hunting and most of me sitting in the middle going WTF?!?!?! I mean I am over 6foot tall and quite well built, this kinda stuff just never happens to me and its really thrown me.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Sorry to hear that happened to you. But don't live your life in fear from it. It could've happened to anyone, and it was probably just some punks all jacked up and looking for drug money or something.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Well, at least you're OK and they didn't get anything... Did you get a description and/or call the police?

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    5 years ago some pussy tried to mug my wife at the mall at Christmas time. She was 6 months pregnant at the time. What kind of piece of shit tries to grab a pregnant woman's bags? I was so pissed off, and there was nothing I could do about it. I try to encourage her not to go X-mas shopping by herself anymore. It's too common a thing that time off year.

Glad you are okay.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Way to react quickly, guy. Much better than freezing up.

But that impulse to get revenge? You already know this, but I'll second the voice in your head--that would be a bad idea.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah I'm fine, they didn't manage to do anything but stick there hand in an empty coat pocket and they were just 2 black teenagers with scarf’s over there faces and hoodies, that describes about 1 in 10 around here so very little chance of finding them. Police have been informed but as it Friday night they are to busy to see me now, going to have to go to the station over the weekend.

I just want to send out massive good karma to the cab drive, I paid the guy for the ride and gave the guy a good tip when he dropped me off but given what he did for me it seems kinda small reward.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yeah that happened to my wife, she actually hit the guy several times with an umbrella (she LOVED that purse!) and the asshole bit her! She ended up in ER and all the SF police did was...well...nothing but take a report, even though they knew where the guy was.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i got mugged once in seattle but the guy didnt get anything. I was told never to yell help so instead when i saw the knife I threw up and started throwing myself around like crazy and told him he didnt want to know what i had. I was very loud and he left with nothing.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I’m a vengeful person but not stupid enough to try actually hunting them down, as appealing a bloody punisher style killing spree sounds right now I know it wouldn’t do much good in the long run also my gf is six months pregnant, thank god she wasn’t with me at the time and I’d rather my son didn’t have to see his daddy only on prison visits.

Pscoop what happened to your wife is awful man, some people they just aint worth anything if they can do something like that.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Here's my story:

I live close to the ghetto, and some kid i met earlier that day said my friend wanted us to go to his house. Turned out he lied, but he somehow convinced me to stay and wait across the street. I brought my DS, it just came out by then, and he asked me if he could play it. I let him play it and then he kicked me in the chest and ran with it! My friend and I looked for the little(or should I say big at the time) fucker, but his uncle brought him to my house and made him give it back.

No real point to that story, but don't get personal revenge. File a report or something. Only get personal if they're around your age

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow. That sounds like the defense of some crazy-ass animal that you'd see in a Nat'l Geographic documentary in middle school.

But hey, whatever works, I guess.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Reminds of my Tyler in fight club, damn good move man. That guy is probably still worried about what you "had" to this day.

13. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember when my dad got mugged a number of years back. He was making a late-night deposit at a bank for work and got hit over the head with a pipe by a couple of guys. They took the money and left him bleeding on the ground.

This was before cell phones became commonplace, so he crawled to his car and drove himself to the hospital. Totally badass.

When he called my mom from the hospital, he started the conversation with, "Now, don't be worried, but I'm in the hospital..." and of course, my mom starts in on him. :lol 

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I was once mugged in broad daylight by three guys when I was 13... all they got was my hat but it sucked.

I found out who they were by asking around and got one of them (who was over 18) thrown in jail for assault.

They second time I was attacked by two guys walking down the street at night when I was about 15 I got out more or less unscathed, I by no means kicked both of their asses but they only manged to land one punch before they decided it wasn't worth it.

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Rough neighborhood?

Things are generally safe/quiet around here, but once in a while a freak thing happens...

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I was attacked by 5 guys with billy clubs. Ended up having to have surgery on my elbow. I'm sorry it happened to you, but look at the up side, it could have been worse.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

The redneck ghetto - until I was 17 and we moved to a nicer neighborhood.

But this isn't about me, I'm sorry to hear that Cast got mugged, I should have added that to my first post.

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Glad to hear you are ok. I was mugged when I was 13. I was going around the block and two guys jumped me. They tried to steal my bike but I wasn't going to get off. Got a black eye that day.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I totally agree with this, and I try to apply this thinking to all things in life. We don't have a long enough time here to be in constant worry about what could possibly go wrong. Shitty things will happen in some form another to everyone, it's unfortunate, but just how it goes. Have to focus more on making the best of life more so than always thinking about what could go wrong.

I agree with MegaPrime also, at least be glad you came out ok.

All the same, I AM very sorry, Cast.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    When your victimized, your traumatized. It will take some time to regain your comfort level. I know, Ive had a guy walk into my garage and take my things while I chased him. He might have driven off but I got his license number and he eventually was arrested. A shame that I never got the golf bag back.