So... Transformers biology (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nutcrusher, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    So, Transformers breed now? I can imagine that little sacs in the Mars(?) Moon(?) base were like protoforms in Beast Wars, but did they have to look like little robot babies? Why were they called "hatchlings?"

I like the idea that Transformers are manufactured, not "born".

And from what we see from Wheelie, they also can get sexually excited. WTF.

Not much thought from the writers? Or are they trying something different?

2. red4

red4 Banned

The point of the hatchlings was to show that Cybertronians do start life as small infants. Beyond that, the whole concept was rushed.

3. vanylapep

vanylapep Well-Known Member

besides humpping, They also like to kiss

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

im pretty sure frenzy was making love to air force 1 in tf1

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Since most life on earth is born from one parent or 2 parents, i see nothing wrong with Transformers species also being born. In the movie universe, there seems to be 2 ways of getting new Transformers :
    AllSpark creation
    Sexual reproduction

6. BR4DSH4W

BR4DSH4W Active Member

What?

7. OptimusPrim3

OptimusPrim3 Active Member

Asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction.

8. Chimeran

Chimeran Well-Known Member

For the moment I'm just considering the sack-thingies to be individually packaged nano-factories. All that goo? Nanobots. Therefore they're both manufactured and born.

Though obviously not all TFs start out small and get big, considering that we've seen several TFs far smaller than that one hatchling that Megatron kind of 'aborted'. That scene sure raises a lot of questions without answering any of them. Maybe the hatchlings are kind of like the protoforms in Animated. They hatch and receive armour to bulk 'em out and 'mold' to. Who knows?

Another confusing bit is: did Jetfire actually mean he had parents, or was he just senile and rambling? I mean, he did claim his father was the first wheel who transformed into nothing...

9. BR4DSH4W

BR4DSH4W Active Member

I apologize I thought he said like most humans :D  ill be quiet now!

10. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I took it as "senile and rambling," personally.

I think that the hatchlings were meant to be something along the lines of the protoforms seen in Animated. I think this mainly because I despise the idea of Transformers mating with one another to produce new Transformers. They're robots, for Spark's sake!

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I think it is like a colony of ants, in a way. The AllSpark was the one that laid out all of the life at the beginning (the hatchlings) and it is up to the rest of the colony to take care of the queen and ensure the colonies survival. There is no sexual identity except that which comes from assimilating Earth's cultures and information so they can use that for and against us. What better way to get close to a man, then assuming the appearance of a female (most of the time)?

Wheelie, like Jazz, was just the result of picking up too much pop culture information.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I already touched on this:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...43521-bayformers-bio-mechanical-spoilers.html

They seem bio-mechanical to me.

Bumblebee pees.
    Bumblebee cries.
    (could mean anything- wiper fluid reservoirs or radiator or something)
    Also:
    Starscream spits loogies
    Megatron has the sense of smell
    (could be olfactory sensors)
    Prime bleeds.
    Ravage had what appeared to be guts attached to his spine.
    Hatchlings.
    Hatchlings in goo.

Not saying it's a bad thing- kinda cool, really. But they seem to be bio-mechanical in nature.

13. Chimeran

Chimeran Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure that the Allspark was the sole (or even usual) method of Transformer reproduction anymore. It might have had a vital role in powering their planet and new hatchlings, and in creating their race in the first place, but it makes sense if new TFs were actually brought to life in a more structured way than the random production of feral robots from machines like we see the Allspark doing on Earth.

Also, there apparently is some sort of line of descent among TFs, given that Optimus was apparently descended from the original Primes in some fashion that made him special. Which doesn't mean I'm supporting TF's mating to produce offspring, because I most certainly am not (Also, that might say all kinds of weird things about the masses of sack-thingies we saw and Starscream's seeming protectiveness of them). It just seems that the Allspark may not be entirely necessary for their reproduction.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    maybe these arent regular transformers? they seem to be partially organic, so mabe its some sort of special army they are making.

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Oh, well, there goes the third movie! They have advanced to replicating organic matter and can incorporate it into their transformation capabilities! You could have Grimlock, Swoop and Slag/Sludge for the Dinobots, and the Predaking team for the Decepticons! WOOT!

:p 

Ah, well, even a well oiled machine needs oil and other fluids to run right. A car has many types of mechanical fluids so it can run, so why wouldn't a TF need the same?