So Transformers 6 is coming in 2019 after all?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SimbaTron, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Complete Trainshrek. Veteran

This seems to be the popular opinion these days, but I'm a firm believer in the opposite.

A reboot almost certainly would have been a pre-1986 inspired cast coming to Earth yet again, with the Autobots befriending a young human and the Decepticons trying to destroy Earth and attain a source of Energon.

Transformers is more than just Autobots vs. Decepticons coming to Earth and fighting to destroy or protect humanity. It's Quintessons. It's Junkions. It's Beast Wars or Beast Machines. It's the Cybertronian Empire. It's human-Transformer conflicts. It's alien bounty hunters scouring the universe for their unfortunate Autobot or Decepticon quarry. It's humans experimenting with Cybertronian technology and building their own Transformers. It's Unicron and his heralds sowing the seeds of chaos and destruction. It's even more than all of these things.

Continuing after DotM was the best shot at getting some of these things, and we got some of them. Rebooting after DotM just would have reinforced the popular purist position that Transformers should stay in this narrow comfort zone and that adventures can't be had without many of the more popular robots in the brand.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

So far continuing after DoTM only gave us the continuity shitting over itself, self-contradicting and leading nowhere. Maybe it did lead out of the comfort zone... but only to head into the failure territory.

There's absolutely zero good that came from continuing after DoTM so a case can't be made for keeping it going. They even failed at new robot designs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I can understand that. BUT it's the way TLK handled things that became our pet peeves. They took the established continuity, and flushed it down the toilet. They tried to build a universe, without trying to build a universe. Hopefully, TF6 and Cybertron prequel can course correct.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Galvatross

Galvatross Complete Trainshrek. Veteran

Zero good? I think you need to take a read of my thread: Age of Extinction is the Best Film of the Series

Age of Extinction doesn't make the first three films worse. It makes them better as a sequel should, and it is as connected to DotM as much as the first two sequels are to their predecessors.

The Last Knight? I'll admit that some of the things in this film contradict previous continuity, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have continued after DotM, nor does it mean nothing good came of it.

New robot designs? People complained non-stop about the designs robots in the first three films. The newer designs are so much more expressive visually than the old ones. Granted I like most all of the designs in the Bay movies, so it's all good in my book.

The Last Knight is actually my least my favorite of the films for that reason, but that's on it and not on the decision to continue the films after DotM. And just because I don't like TLK as much as the other four doesn't mean I want the films suddenly done away with. On the contrary, now that we have Unicron established, I want to see that play out while also there being at least some attempt at resolving the Quintessa/Creator thing and finish the stories of Megatron and Prime. I have ideas for that, but I don't want to write too much, as I've written them out before.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It is better to have not movie, than have a crappy movie.
    Regarding screenwriters - they may hire Ehren Kruger back, he cares about continuity and had awesome ideas on AOE.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    What I think is awesome is transformers at this very moment STILL has an opportunity to come back strong even after 5 MOVIES! With 3 out of the 5 being received less well critically you’d think they would stop. But as of now everything is riding on Bumblebee. I have faith in Travis Knight. That dude has made some good films. And look, maybe it’s not gonna be a good movie but there is no way I think Travis Knight is gonna give us another TLK/ROTF. What’s the worst? Another AOE, ok I’ll take it. Another DOTM? Fine with me. Another TF1? I’m so down for that. Travis will do fine. The movie will be fine. It really can’t get worse then this besides no movies at all so I’m not really worried about it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ROTF is amazing, don't put it near TLK. The only thing, which can be considered as bad there is college humor. But TLK has much more problems.

8. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

I get a feeling Bumblebee will feel like a mix between TF1 and Guardians of the Galaxy

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wish they would hurry up and decide who the director will be.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

M I C H A E ... Wait, I don't wanna jinx it

• Like Like x 2
  11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    As much as i liek AOE and TLK and i am happy we are seeing more of these characters, i will totally agree that they should've ended it with DOTM.

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    You know, I dreamt last night that During filming on Transformers 6, they announced Motormaster was a large School Bus with Monster Truck Upgrades, Robot mode was a clone of Blackout. Then they also revealed Decepticon Rusty Pick Up Truck and a Food Truck they named Tombstone and Cannibal.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Just stop the bayverse already. Yeeeshh sticking to that is going to take down all transformers

• Like Like x 3
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Atkins Diet Victim

Another "The Last Knight" level bomb.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know if it could take down all of Transformers. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was disastrous at the box office. A $135 million production budget and only $82 million domestic to show for it. But instead of folding in the brand because Paramount rolled out a stinker Nickelodeon decided to go in a different direction with the art work and reworked the characters so that they are completely different than the film versions for their new cartoon. The toy line was okay if people don't like the movies let's just stick to a cartoon look.

It might stink for Paramount that not changing could run the live action movie franchise into the ground but as long as Hasbro has things that aren't movie related then Transformers will continue. Wouldn't be shocked if the Transformers cartoon after the movie mess didn't end up being something that isn't going to remind you of the live action movies. Heck might even live to see the day when everything Transformers doesn't have to revolve around Bumblebee's yellow butt.

• Like Like x 2
  16. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Uh... Mission Impossible? Isn't that franchise still rolling?

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Their Mission Impossible franchise is still running. They have some hopes that rebooting GI Joe will make that franchise a big money maker for the studio. I think there are good number of books they picked the option up to make movies out of. I think there is a World War Z sequel in the works. The two Daddy's Home movies made more than their budgets at the domestic box office so we might get a Daddy's Home 3. While scaled back they say the Hasbro Cinematic Universe is still going to happen. Plus the Paramount vaults are pretty deep if they ever wanted to revise one of their old films into some sort of film franchise. So it's not like the fate of Paramount is dependent on Transformers alone.

18. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    They're already rolling with the 6th movie with that franchise. Granted the Transformers series is also doing that with Bee.

I don't think earning billions of dollars is the key to success. As long as they can gain profit from whatever movie, they're bound to make another.

They also have the Cloverfield series with them. 3 films from the same series released in 2018 apparently. (if A Quiet Place counts somehow)

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Atkins Diet Victim

It's arguable that The Last Failure was not profitable. It made significantly less money than the first film.

20. transf0

transf0 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not arguable, definite. The marketing budget for a blockbuster movie and the budget for the film are too high for TLK to have made a profit, it's simply illogical.

• Like Like x 1