So Transformers 6 is coming in 2019 after all?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SimbaTron, Jan 22, 2018.

1. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't Whalberg say if Bay wasn't directing he wasn't coming back?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well, he can do that IF that statement is in the contract. If not he's obligated. I don't know how the legal complications will be if he walks away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to guess at this point that Paramount rather keep him happy than to have him lawyer up to get out of a series that he isn't happy with. Daddy's Home 2 was one of the rare good box office stories for Paramount last year since the budget was $69 million but the domestic box office was $103 million. Plus he's not just an actor he's also a producer so you don't want him stomping off somewhere else to produce the smaller budget films he likes to do.

Plus look at how bad movies tend to be when the star no longer wants to be on the films.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Lets not forget something similar happened with Thor: The Dark World, in where Natalie Portman didnt want to star in it because Patty Jenkins wasnt directing, but she had to appear because she was obligated, so same could happen with Mark unless as you said his contract allows him.

But lets not forget that whoever directs TF6 could end choosing to introduce a brand new human lead

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m sure when all the promo stuff was being done, Mark said that TLK is his last TF movie (which along with the ‘final chapter’ stuff in the trailers made a few of us wonder), which I presumed was Paramount’s decision; weren’t Nicola Peltz and Jack Raynor contracted for three movies too? I’m sure that’s what was said before AOE came out. Plus I think Hasbro or Paramount (or someone involved) said that the 2019 Movie would be a ‘brand new direction’, which implied that the whole idea of a second trilogy had been abandoned when they set up the writers’ room, and thus Cade etc. probably wouldn’t be returning.

Edit: What Mark was quoted as saying, “It's the last one so I get my life back” (which is why the ‘final chapter’ thing seemed pertinent).

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I dont know if they were contracted, but if they were, doesnt mean they have to appear, it just means they are secured to appear in more films if the studio or director wants X actor to appear, so if Bay wanted Tessa or Shane back for TLK, then the actors are obligated to return, but if Bay didnt want to use them, then they wont appear. but they are still contracted to appear in other 2 films if they want them in.

7. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, we’ll thats what I assumed was the case, so could be the same case with Wahlberg, if it turns out that he doesn’t return, like I said, it could be that the Studio is heading in a new direction and they simply won’t want him back.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    We will find out in the coming months for sure

• Like Like x 1
  9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Really? Wow. Some people don't know when to quit.

10. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

they should teach a class: "how to destroy a franchise & implode a cinematic universe in one fell swoop" & just study what happened during tlk production

• Like Like x 2
  11. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This story will be awful and will have more contradictions - would you OK with that? You have seen a prove in TLK extra materials. Writers room don't care about Movie lore and continuity, don't care about Transformers at all.
    Megan Fox was also contractually obligated. Everyone can break the contract, if he or she doesn't want to play in the movie. Contract is not a slavery.
    I can't understand, why people are so optimistic. TLK is a nightmare. I even didn't buy DVD. Writers room is a nightmare. I don't want another nightmare movie and don't want to see, how TFs bankrupt Paramount. Michael Bay is increadibly skillful director. If his skill were not enough to beat poor script by writers room, you need James Cameron to do it! Why do you need to hurry? We already have two projects, let the filmmakers get rest and think, what they did wrong with TLK.

12. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If they need even 10 years or more to produce a good Movie - I'll wait! I'll finally travel across all filming places finish Sideswipe costume and establish russian TF convention! I have many things to do:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This could only happen if bay doesn’t come back. If bay doesn’t come back and they can hire a yes man director it could be done but we could be looking at another tf2 I’d rather they take the usual 3 years.

14. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    As I said many times, I think they should take a pause with big films, releasing several spin-offs and prequels. It'll give them enough time to replenish Paramount's wallet and think about normal course for big films (how to mildly return to AOE course and fix TLK mistakes). Maybe MB will train a new director for it (maybe Travis Knight or someone else). Plus the audience will forget TF5 bitter taste after several years. Visuals may get an upgrade. Superhero hysteria may cease. I also don't think that they need to finish the series asap - AOE have huge potential and normal screenwriter (1 and only) can develop it greatly I think we need at least two Movies... Also you may get some tie-in for Beast Wars movie - I've got an idea, that its events may happen in the same Movie universe and expand it even more.

15. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well, I guess TLK is an instance where the term 'Took Many Cooks Spoil The Soup".

What works so well for Marvel is that their films standalone well as individual movies but contributes to the overall plot (Infinity War). This is what other production houses don't get. May it be DC/Warner Bros. with their DCEU, Universal with their Dark Universe and Paramount with their Transformers Cinematic Universe. They just want to cut the goose that lays the golden eggs to see if they can get all the eggs. Ultimately there's nothing.

I'm a firm believer that Paramount should have ended this chapter with Dark of the Moon as they originally intended. I know for a fact that it was their original plan. They even had plans for a new Transformers story (though it was only an idea at the time and was not implemented). But one thing led to another and they thought to keep on going. Writers' Room was built for one purpose only... Cinematic Universe.

In many ways this current trilogy (if they make another movie) is highly similar to the current Star Wars series by Disney. They just keep the ball rolling by challenging pre-established plot points. But there's only so far you can go with that.

For many of us, Bay Movies are our G1. We fell in love with the franchise because of them. We are no different from fans of the 80s or Bast Era. Fans are fans, no matter what.

I think Bumblebee Movie will be the game changer IF they did it differently. It'll be an eye-opener for Paramount to see if something different will work. Afterall, five movies with [almost] exact same plot doesn't work anymore. TLK was the proof of that. With TLK and TLJ failures in China, the companies know that you can't fool the biggest market on the planet anymore.

Do it well, Bumblebee movie and Transformers 6 will be a game changer. Go the other way and Paramount will be in deep trouble with an industry already displeased with nearly every movie they put out.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

I hope Travis knight thinks the same as we here. IF he can do it right, it's saved. I don't expect any change from Paramount, they are about the money. But IF the new director can tell it to them, that a better story, something new, can do more money than these re-used plots, then it's ok.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No, TLK is different. It is light unserious, unrealistic. And it was really poor written and has many other prominent problems, such as acting. It was made without any inspiration (just to please this group and that and that) and this thing is viable for ANY type of films (for any type of art!). TLK didn't prove, that heavy-weight, inspiring, realistic and brutal TFs aren't loved anymore. I think, this genuine Michael Bay's style distinguishes Transformers from other blockbusters and make people love them (look at 13 hours or Perl-Harbor - you'll find many common things with TFs). And audience is already biased. They expect something similar. TLK just didn't give it. There is no any other film series, which combine sci-fi, dark atmosphere, realism, a lot of humor and deep conceptions at the same time. Just keep making the GOOD movies. With a lot of efforts and inspiration. You can't fake it - the viewer will see it immediately.

18. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Seriously... TF movies should end at the first trilogy. Prequels and spin-off ideas are fine, but anything in the main movie series made after DoTM is absolutely unnecessary. AoE sort of works as an extended epilogue to the original trilogy... Barely. And that's about it.

19. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    But what can they do now? They have to finish it the way it is. Hirind a new group of writers would mean even more chaos and diversity.

20. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

This seems to be the popular opinion these days, but I'm a firm believer in the opposite.

A reboot almost certainly would have been a pre-1986 inspired cast coming to Earth yet again, with the Autobots befriending a young human and the Decepticons trying to destroy Earth and attain a source of Energon.

Transformers is more than just Autobots vs. Decepticons coming to Earth and fighting to destroy or protect humanity. It's Quintessons. It's Junkions. It's Beast Wars or Beast Machines. It's the Cybertronian Empire. It's human-Transformer conflicts. It's alien bounty hunters scouring the universe for their unfortunate Autobot or Decepticon quarry. It's humans experimenting with Cybertronian technology and building their own Transformers. It's Unicron and his heralds sowing the seeds of chaos and destruction. It's even more than all of these things.

Continuing after DotM was the best shot at getting some of these things, and we got some of them. Rebooting after DotM just would have reinforced the popular purist position that Transformers should stay in this narrow comfort zone and that adventures can't be had without many of the more popular robots in the brand.

• Like Like x 5