So, those are only some of the characters right?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Now the characters announced for the movie today are just some of the TF in the movie right? After all, if we have Bonecrusher, then we must have the rest of the Constructicons. Same goes for Brawl and the Combaticons. Oh, and with Frenzy means Soundwave.

Who is Blackout though?

As for the Autobots, what about Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Sunstreaker? There is no way there will only be 5 Autobots.

2. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

Nope, what was announced is all we're getting for the first movie.

Any idea how complex & time-intensive the computer models will be for each of these guys?

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I personally think it's a good thing because doesn't that just leave the possibility of having a bigger, better movie for the sequels? Just imagine this scenario for the sequel...

something happens to Frenzy in this movie, an early scene in the second movie can show Frenzy all in pieces in some room, the doors open, then you see a figure similar to Frenzy walk into the room, followed by a dog-like creature or even a bird, finally, a larger Transformers walk in, you only see catch a glimmer of light reflect off his visor, as he walks in...end scene Or you can replace the above mentioned characters and replay the scene using the Constructicons.

Just my dream, but damn, I think I just got myself excited over nothing,lol

4. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I occasionally do high-poly models in my sparetime and they're nothing detailed compared to the Optimus Prime stuff we've seen so far and yet they take ages to make.
    Not to mention that the finished model needs some damn careful animation rigging and finally the actual animations themselves have to be made, which is damn time-consuming too considering how believable and fluid said animations will need to be. We're talking intricate details on movements here - on simple walking alone, a lot of stuff will have to be taken into account. Animations will have to be done, possibly redone and polished up to make the robots move about believably and "realistically".

I'm actually surprised there are so many characters in all. They must have quite a load of modellers, not to mention a nice, beefy render farm.

I believe Blackout is the helicopter referred to as "Vortex" in the leaked script. The description sure fits him.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Who's the dog like creature?

6. Soundwave2

News Credits:
    Ravage?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    But Ravage was a jaguar.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Some people have mistaken Ravage for a dog for many years. Me, for example. It's a common thing in the TF community.

9. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Its more than the first two Xmen, Spiderman, and most other movies like this have as far as good an bad guys. 5 Autobots and 8 Decepticons is alot more than I was expecting.

10. Soundwave2

News Credits:
    ok, a jaguar-type creature walks in...lol

11. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

No. Bonecrusher does not mean the constructicons are in the 1st movie. Brawl does not mean the combaticons are in there eiter ... and Frenzy does not necessarily mean Soundwave.

I think they should hold off introducing all of the characters and give more time to fleshing out the characters. If you spend lots of time introducing a multitude of different characters it leaves less time to flesh out the story and plotline. You have to think, just because we know who those characters are does not mean that most of the people seeing the movie will. If you just rush through the characters without developing them on screen then people will write this off as a bad movie.

I think they should pick and develop only a few transformers and have the others just kind of in the background as background roles. This will give time to develop the characters and give people time to bond with them. Then in future movies, introduce them.

In SUCCESSFUL movies, story and character development are WAY more important than putting onscreen as many recognizable characters as possible.

12. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

All we can do, in spite of being disappointed that some of our faves aren't represented, is make sure that this movie does well! If it does well, we get a sequel....and quite possibly the chance to see some of the more "familiar" transformers we all know and love.
    I think I remember reading somewhere that they want this to be a trilogy.
    So we have to stop our bitchin' and moanin' and ensure that we DO get a trilogy out of this!

13. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

We have 5 heroes, 7 or 8 villains, and a bunch of humans. You're around 20 major characters for a 2 hour movie. That leaves about 6 minutes per character, if we forget the credits.

14. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

I really hope that the Dinobots especially Grimlock will be in one of the movies in the (possible) trilogy.
    Mechanical tyrannosaur rampaging through the city. so cool !!!