So this was my week-

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seeker311, Nov 11, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    First off, let me say that Im a social worker full time monday through friday and also work as direct care staff partime on weekends at an adolescent psych hospital. And this is what happened this week:

Monday- Wife's engine light comes on, we drop off the car at the service department and find out that itll stay there until wednesday.( I end up taking her to work for those days) That day, after talking to some of my sources, I find out that one of our homes that takes care of our clients has some undisclosed history which my office shouldve known. We dig up alot of information and end up having to move out the clients by wednesday. That afternoon, my wife goes to the doctor and she gets referred to get an MRI on wednesday.

Tuesday- We find out that another one of our homes has caused trouble for the state worker of the clients in that home and requests emergency removal.

Wednesday- the first home gets the clients removed, one of my coworkers finds out that another client has run away, and my wife gets her MRI done. We also get the car back but she no longer trusts it and starts looking for another.

Thursday-I find out that one of my homes cannot transport some clients so it is up to me to take them, but at the last minute everything gets resolved.

Friday-I get a flat tire and it takes 2 hours to get it fixed, we find out that our house sitter will not be able to watch the house for thanksgiving, so we end having to look for boarding for the dogs and at 3pm I get a call for an emergency placement. The placement ends up not happening and that evening we go to the annual new car show and get to look at different models for my wife.

Saturday- We shop around and end getting my wife somethin she likes, go to a collectors show and I find some SW figures I like but I see these dumbasses trying to sell TF movie toys for 4X the value. That night I go to work at the hospital and a night ill never forget happens. We had an unresponsive patient, had to call EMS, I had to ride along, turns out he has a tumor, and by the end of the night the patient passes away.

2. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

And i thought I had shitty weeks...

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

That is one screwed up week. I hope next week is better, and I hope the wife is ok.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah the wife's fine but she has to see a neurologist in 2 weeks.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I worked in group homes for about 2 and a half years as direct staff. The one place I worked at for 2 of those years, specialized in extremely violent behaviors. I remember being called to another house in the middle of the night, to find out that one of the clients, knocked out one of his staff. The guy trashed the house, destroyed anything that wasn't bolted down. Took about 4 of us to hold him down.

But besides incidents hear and there, it wasn't a bad job.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That makes my week of 3 people at work getting fired for drugs seem rather pathetic..

7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    wow i thought i had bad weeks hope it gets better for ya