so this really cant be proven to be sample-prototype

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Malach Ra, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    He also has an incomplete Devastator that he says was displayed in Hasbro's office. I would have to say even if his claims are all truthful, without pictures of someone gving it to him from Hasbro's office, he should keep it quiet. Too many people will cry bullshit. It could hurt bidding rather than increase it.

3. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    well, to be truthful, this guy does have some prototypical(is this a word?) shit for sale and has sold a bunch, but this swoop isnt a prototype/sample. its just a diaclone swoop....which by its own right is pretty rare.

4. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    It is a sample because it says "Sample" on it. This guy has enough rare stuff that he doesn't need to make this sort of thing up. But being a packaged sample, it's identical to the release version. The only difference AFAICT is the "Sample" sticker. Since all of his stuff is from a former Hasbro employee, this was almost certainly sent to Hasbro by Takara so they could evaluate it or use it in some way.

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    point taken, all i'm saying it isnt any different than a regular diaclone swoop, right? and i wasnt calling him a fraud by any means(and if I implied that, my bad), i was just saying that this prototype/sample wasnt any different.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    This seller always has some rare stuff. I can't believe this is the same seller who had those G2 Stunticons and didn't know it.

7. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

yeah, this is the g2 stunticon guy.

wow, the sample swoop is in VERY nice condition but woooowwww, what an insane price. i'm not sure how this guy's getting all his stuff, my design-friend who has worked at mattel and hasbro for years says everyone signs a non-disclosure and any designs/art you do is property of the company, you can't even show the stuff you worked on in your portfolio for freelance or new jobs. in the late 90s, at mattel, they checked everybody's bags before they left.

he must be or has a buddy who's pretty high up in hasbro to be getting all this.

lol, he has a headless proto highbrow going for $670

8. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Damn! That Swoop is nice!

9. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I met this guy in person... everything he has is the real deal. He's very nice. Most of his big $$ stuff he sells off ebay. He has boxes of prototypes.