So the price raise starts monday....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by all are dead, Aug 30, 2008.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Well a day is coming that i never wanted to see... as of monday hasbro is rasing the prices of toys including tf's. i aucually think they are holding off on wave 4 to charge more when they release them next month. so what do you feel about it?

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

God imagine when they raise for season as well. I remeber last year voyagers were $19.99 and got marked up to $20.99, deluxes were $9.99 and were marked up to $10.99 while I think leaders were marked up from $39.99 to $42.99.

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I honestly don't see it as that bigger deal.

4. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    My only hope is, that it will finally bring the Canadian & US market prices closer together.
    We still pay on average $5 to $10 more per figure then the US.
    Not that other country's don't get shafted more on TF prices.
    But come on, Deluxe's are $9.99 in the US & $14.99 here in Canada

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm already sort of used to it with the price flux in the GI Joe figures or the difference in price from one retailer than the other. Transformers have been fairly easy to find so I guess if you always go to the same place to pick them up you will notice the difference but compared to e-Bay even the Toys-R-Us mark up isn't bad.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Some places have already marked up their prices. Ive seen it at Target and TRU

7. luke4

luke4 crocon

it sucks. like deluxs are already $15 with tax, a voyager is almost thirty dollars and a leader is sixty?! i bought 2 deluxs and my dad was like how the hell are those fifteen bucks each? i can see a delux $10 with tax and a voyager being $20 and a leader being $40. if a delux is almost twenty dollars after the price raise im gonna b pissed.

8. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

It's really hard collecting transformers sometimes in Canada. I rarely get any big guys because they're so much more. My collection is mostly deluxes. I wish we'd get a price drop instead of a raise! This year's going to suck. I'm trying to save some money for a Xbox360, but I'm gonna spend it all on Swindle and Shockwave and the new classics!

GRAGH!

9. unicron_is_god

unicron_is_god Banned

yeah but you live in canada...you deserve to pay more :) 

kidding....

I would like to see some more improvements to QC with the increase in prices myself...i feel since the cybertron line the QC has been dead or in acoma at best....

10. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many Canadians come to the US to buy their Transformers? I live in the Buffalo region and being minutes from the border (we get tons of shoppers because of the close exchange rates) I wonder if this a feasible option for any one.

11. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    man i only hope that they dont go up more and probably on tuesday is when well se wave 4 deluxes and Leader UM hit stores.

12. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I'm not suprised at the rise in cost as everything else is raising in price. Also they've been the same price for years now so its been a blessing for quite some time now. I don't like it as much as the next guy but I don't think it will be that much that we won't be able to buy the TFs.

13. ad0nis01

ad0nis01 Well-Known Member

I echo that statement.

Although the cost going up wont really hurt parents buying a TF for their kids occasionally but I think it effects the colletors more than anyone else, who are constantly buying TFs.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The price raise has been overdue for some time now. It's not like it's a huge difference anyways, as far as I know anyways. I'd rather have to pay a little more than see Hasbro suffer.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    doesnt bother me one bit, and I dont see why it bothers anyone in the fandom.

this is a community where people will pay 80+ for a pre-release deluxe figure. not just once. multiple times. people regularly buy 20-30 dollar deluxe toys from japan.

I see no reason at all to complain.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Yeah, but not every fan does that, or does it only on rare occasions, it's not a universal trait of our community, in fact, I'd probably call those collectors an abnormality rather then the norm of traits of the average TF collector.

As to the price raise, I'll admit to not being that well informed, I know it's happening, but not by how much. I guess I'll wait and see.

17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well maybe it will affect me on what to buy, but I'll try to get the ones that I find most unique because if it goes higher for something I want then I'll work harder to get it. One way or the other.

18. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well it has happen with joes as they were 5.99 and now are 7.99 so i knew it would happen with TF as it looks like all the hot sellers get it. but SW is still at the same price. it sucks thats for sure . there is not much we can do if we want the toys we want.

with that being said we cant buy everything hasbro puts out ie just straight up repaints of the same mold. unless the charter is a repaint of the mold ie prowl,sliverstreak, smokescreen. sideswipe,redalert. not just a new name on the same old mold. evac=springer or stealth what ever in the animated line . to say if you raise the price we want new molds unless it is for a certain charter.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    we've been spoiled for a long time. lots more plastic goes into a transformer than any other toy at the same size or pricepoint, due to all the internal mechanisms which have only gotten more complicated over the last few years.

if you want new molds for everything, expect the prices to go up even more to pay for them.

hasbro has to do repaints. they don't cost anywhere near as much as a new mold, and they sell. they generate the money to make new molds. pretty sure it's the same with GI Joes - why so many share parts.

20. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

oysrus has had their deluxes for that price for a long time. Leaders are the only ones that seem to bug me a lot, $3 more for an already expensive action figure? Meh...this might narrow my selections a tad. Over a long period of time, it might affect me. But it's better than what Bionicle is facing: $3 more for deluxe pricepoint figures.

Does this apply to all TFs already released, or just the new releases?