so, the new smaller Sigma 6 stuff...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by artiepants, Aug 10, 2006.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    ...anyne picked any of this up?
    I really like the look of the vehicles.

and the figures seem like they're in the 1:24 range,
    might be a cool line to enhance Alt/BTs...

i picked up a couple of the smaller vehicles in the store and was impressed with the heft of the boxes, and the designs look a lot better than most recent Joe stuff....

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I got the Mech thing that comes with the mini Destro. Its really cool and an improvement over the last mechs I got for the normal Joes. Its got a bunch of different ways to combine arms, legs and the tank treads (my favorite being - having the tank treads on the mech suit and using a set of legs for the cannon so it can walk around). It can be very unstable since its can be taller than the standard Sigma figures but it has some cool play value and decent posing options.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah that Mantis Mech is pretty sweet. If you get bored with it you can just rebuild a new design. Neat how it can fold up in a Star Wars battle droids sorda way. Would like to get a few and haul em around while folded up. Alot more to do with this than the Defense Mech & Pulverizer for the 3in figs. pics
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/GI%20JOE/SIGMA%206/MantisMechwDestro.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/GI%20JOE/SIGMA%206/MantisMechwDestro5.jpg

Bought the Night OPS V.A.M.P. and that sucker is loaded with accessories. Almost had a Gi Joe Hovercraft flashback. The way the truck bed can be removed is cool and the tires are hard rubber so they don't sound like plastic when rolling around.
    Only problem is it's a little too heavy for the Dragonhawk magnet to hold. Even stripped of weight it will fall off with the slightest wiggle. The spotlight that comes with it looks good on the Dragonhawk
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/GI%20JOE/SIGMA%206/S6VAMP4.jpg
    Have it for sale for 10$ in my ebay

The Dragonhawk, OMFG! This thing rules! Im having a hard time thinking of a cooler looking gi joe vehicle. In fact I can't think of any. This for me IS the coolest bird they ever designed and it's very massive. Even more since it's made for small figs. You can even move the engines or wings, replace with weapons and have another badass machine going on. One of the most impressive vehicles Ive come across in a loong time
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/GI%20JOE/SIGMA%206/S6VAMP6.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/GI%20JOE/SIGMA%206/Dragonhawk3.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/GI%20JOE/SIGMA%206/0706099.jpg
    The many electronic noises even kick ass but it can be hard to get the flight sounds to shut up.

The figures are nice, but could use more poseability for sure. Ateast the M.A.S.K. figs had knees which are about the same scale. It's obviously possible since they balljointed a few of them (like Snake Eyes shoulders)
    If they can just do that too them all instead of some being stuck in Unleashed type poses they be on fire man. Wish they'd make them as poseable as the 3 in Joes.

Still waiting for a chance to get that Firebat jet & H.I.S.S Tank.
    Want the Rhino coptor as well but it looks like the same coptor that came with the Rhino, only beefed up. Not sure if it can attach to the Rhino like the other one though.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sometimes I wish I didn't get the 8" guys and got the small guys with the vehicles instead... But too late for that... I'm gonna stick with the 8" guys... Picked up Destro and Hi Tech today at Wal*Mart... Wondering what the HECK those red blinking lights are all about in the packaging...

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are the mini figures posable? I'm curious as the Sigma Six line was never released in the retail shops in my country.

6. Chaos Muffin

Yeah, they're poseable, but not poseable enough. I think Hasbro wants us to do our figure battles with the big Sigmas and our full scale vehicle battles with these little guys. Most are about as poseable as TF Titaniums or Attacktix , but there's an occasional ball joint on some of them, but there's usually a trade off.
    Like Snake Eyes with bike, he has ball jointed shoulders, but his knees at stuck in a sitting position.
    They're more like little statues with swivel joints here n there

7. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

The Dragonhawk is sweet and the vamp is pretty nice too. It's too bad the figures aren't more posable.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I haven't seen these yet. I'm afraid to, for fear that I'll blow the stash I'm saving for Classics on them. That Dragonhawk looks absolutely kick ass! If I see it in the store, I might not be able to resist.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Thank god the Dragonhawk doesn't come in a window box or I'd probably own the damn thing already. I am so not a Joe fan it's not even funny, but these 2.5 Sigma 6 toys are just draining my will to not buy them. At least, the ones that are cool vehicles, or come with really posable figures. And there do appear to be at least a couple figures that are nearly fully posable. I do wish they all were though. Those B.A.T.s, if they were posable, would be sitting at my house right now.

Every time I see them I'm just a little closer to caving.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Looking at the vehicle designs make me drool in anticipation for what what is instore for us in 07......

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I thought you hated the S6 stuff Shin

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I do

Do the math though 1982-2007.......

13. Chaos Muffin

Here ya go Shin , your favorite , a nice big pic of Sigma face, teeheehee

[​IMG]
    ^ Firefly ^

14. artiepants

News Credits:
    oh you're kidding me ~ that's Firefly's face???? :drunk  (really hates the overall 'style' of the 8" line)

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, thanks for the reply dude. I was thinking of snagging some online but I think I will pass them up for now.

16. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

The 2.5" S6 line is focused more on the vehicles. Got the Cobra Mech, VAMP, and Dune Runner. Trying to get some money for the DragonHawk and Firebat since the money I saved a month ago for these vehicles went to Primus, Unicron, Cannonball, Deolisher, and Quickmix

17. artiepants

News Credits:
    i've resisted so far, but i bet i'll cave on the Firebat. looks really cool ~ anyone seen a gallary online for that?

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    The Dragonhawk looks like it was inspired by the EVAC fighter from the movie, Aliens.:D 

19. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

some of my random Mech configurations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I looked at these things again today over the lunch hour and DAMN I wish I had more money. The boxes have so much heft it just FEELS like you'd be getting your money's worth.

Also saw the 8" Strike Duke. Holy crap, I NEED that gun setup for some kitbashing action. But then I'd be stuck with an 8" Duke that I'd never use for anything. Ever.