So, Starscream has been the leader for 10,000+ years?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ganymede2010, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Megatron has been trapped since 10,000 BC, that means Starscream has been the leader for that period of time. If that's the case, then why would Starscream relinquish his leader ship role without a fight? Am I missing something here?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

They were slowly flying through space in protoform mode tracking down Megatron. They weren't doing much that required Starscream to issue orders. Besides, 10,000 years to a transformer is like 1 year to us.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Transformer stories have always been set on a cosmic time scale. 10K years mighta been a blink compared to Megatron's previous rule.

4. ganymede2010

News Credits:
    Assuming that's correct, does that mean Shockwave was the leader then?

5. Autobot Punk

Autobot Punk Punk of the Autobot Type

starscream in basicly megatrons bitch. Even tho how much he may want to overthrow megs he is still loyal to his command not to mention that barricade or blackout would be in his way if he wanted to do so. Or you could even go the rout that SS knew how ever faced off with Prime would be a dead man, so knowing this he steped down so he could rise to power as king ss.

6. smkspy

Shockwave is only in the game to my knowledge. I may be wrong, but the only cons to be alive/revealed are those in the movie and Wreckage since he's in the prequel.

7. ganymede2010

News Credits:
    Interesting. I figured there would be more Decepticons alive. Since Starscream jettisoned himself into space at the end. I'm assuming that he's going to back to Cybertron to get soundwave and company.

8. smkspy

Cybertron is dead. It started dying whenever the Allspark left the planet. The remaining Bots and Cons are scattered through out the galaxies so really the writers can just pluck whoever they want to use out of thin air.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

So... if Transformers had a life span of how old a human is "supposed" to live(I'm saying 100 years), they could live for 1,000,000 years? Wouldn't that cause some population trouble or something?(At least if Cybertron were still around)

10. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense. Starscream should have least been acting like he was in charge and try to prevent Megs getting control again but not so offense.

11. smkspy

I think the Civil War took care of population lol. Nothing like Genocide and all out war to keep birth rates low and the popluation from increasing.

Starscream had one line in the entire movie so really expecting him to act like Starscream would be confusing for the average movie goer. Again though, every complaint about SS is because the Cons are reduced to insect like B movie villians.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea That pretty much covers it. Considering the fact that advanced alien robots don't have the ability to build inter stellar space crafts with faster then light engines, the Transformers had to just launch themselves into space and hope for the best.
    Lol!
    That really does crack me up. "Why do robots which can turn into vehicles need to travel in one?" Hehe

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I think that falls under the question of 'Did Starscream shoot Megatron towards the end' thread.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Oh yeah. Maybe they forced them to wear condoms and only reproduce every 7 years:tongue: (yet another Simpson's reference)

15. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The prequel novel covers Starscream & Blackout fighting for leadership. The movie has Sector 7 & pointless hackers hogging all the screen time. If you wanna see Starscream preventing the Decepticons from finding Megatron read the novel, if you want a slutty Australian chick & a fat black guy eating donuts watch the movie.

16. smkspy

Can I meet you half-way with Starscream betraying Megatron, and still have a slutty Australian chick?

Now that I think about it, if they'd just have removed Megan Fox's character, and have Sam fall for the hot Aussie the moive might have been a whole better.

17. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

here here :ev: 

18. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    They don't reproduce like we do. We reproduce at an exponential rate. They have to be built.

19. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    :useless 

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, Starscream was in command (I laugh at everyone who thinks that the Target Prequel is canon).