So SG Drift...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    How fast do you think he'll sell out? My brother wants one, but he doesnt have the money for it. I'd get it for him, but I only realy have enough to get one right now, and obviously I need to go for Runabout due to the whole "half of a pair" thing. That said, I still wanna try to figure out how long I'll have to get Drift. so, how fast do you think he'll go?

2. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    I think he will sell out within 24 hours. But that's purely speculation on my part. I haven't seen much negativity being shot in his direction so I would imagine a lot of people want it. And you know the people looking to flip them on eBay will always buy as many as possible. I could be completely wrong of course. But I will be ordering mine asap.

3. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    And scalpers are what have started to turn me off of collecting beyond just basic hasbro stuff, and maybe even 3rd party

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    FunPub has done a decent job at limiting orders, so I wouldn't worry about scalpers that much. Also, the production runs have continued to be increased on a yearly basis so expect the same thing this year. I'd guess that the TFCC exclusives will sell out within 1-2 days. The figures seem to have a positive reaction, so don't assume they'll be sitting in stock for more than 3 days I'd bet.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys think he will go that fast? Both SG and Drift are on the receiving end of a lot of hate. I don't have much interest in it myself.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I had completely thought that the reactions to Drift was just fine, enough to warrant a sell out fairly quickly.

7. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think SG Drift will sell out that quickly either. Runabout, yes. But SG Drift will linger for a while. I like all classics figure, but even I don't know if I want to pick it up right away. I guess I will debate that over the weekend.

8. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fail to see what was decent when the limit was about 20 for the first run of P/CP.

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    20? Wow that's a huge limit! Don't know if Drift will ever match P/CP though, it was a brilliant retool of a dual mode Sunstreaker/Sideswipe body, and a Classic character. Drift's just mostly a repaint.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Well, you can repurpose SG Drift as Lightspeed, Knockout, or possibly the Gobot Turbo, so he may go fairly quick. In a perfect world, I'd get three

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

But you don't know the power of having essentially a robotic transforming Deadpool.

12. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

Uhm, I'm not an actual "collector" and this is my first time even hearing about this. I googled them and don't care much for Runabout but I am diggin Drift. Is TFSource or BBTS selling them or are they exclusive to conventions?

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    maybe, but for twice as much

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I would be surprised if drift sells out by botcon.

15. Star Saber

News Credits:
    :lol 
    I really want to see the fiction they'll have with SG Drift. So many things they could do - I'd really like to see some sort of homage to the new X-Force, Deadpool Drift on the Mayhem Suppression Squad anyone? :D 

16. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

But the Mayhem Suppression Squad is a 'con organization, and Drift is pretty firmly set on being a 'bot.

Though, I'd be perfectly happy with a line such as 'It's fighty time, fighty time! Oil, oil, oil!'

17. Star Saber

News Credits:
    We don't know that yet :p  Deadpool started out as a Deathstroke inspired villain, and then joined the good guys, as an insane funny anti-hero. If Drift is going to be based on Deadpool, well, I don't see how becoming a good guy is impossible.

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been expecting him to shelfwarm. I see very little love for SG and I know I'm skipping him.

In fact I hope sits there as long as figs like Dion and Airrazor so maybe TCC will get the hint and move on from SG already.

19. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I wish I had his official bio to quote, but I'm feeling too lazy to dig it up. Here's a paraphrasing from TFWiki instead:

"The irreverent Drift is a Dimensional Fragment Eliminator, which means he's always taunting and combating those invaders who dare poke through the walls of his universe. The "Bot of Banter" is considered one of the most vile Autobots ever, and the chatty mercenary loves to dream up more creative ways to slay his targets. Optimus Prime has given Drift no boundaries, creating an immoral, money-driven monster.

The relentless and cruel Drift has only one real weakness: an irrational fear of Petro-Rabbits."

20. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Hm I missed that, but in any case, him being TF's Deadpool means he might not always be an evil mercenary, but could transition to the current anti-hero merc with a mouth his counterpart is :)