So...Sequel or Reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazzmatic Prime, Nov 11, 2010.

1. TheFallenTF

TheFallenTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. A good story acknowledging the previous parts going on its own.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, but they ignored or drastically changed stuff from G1 and other continuities. A Beast Wars movie would likely be done in the same way, and NOT have the characters you remember, with different personalities and appearances, and most likely new characters that never appeared in BW to begin with. I understand that you want to see them again, I do as well, but not in a way that would most likely completely miss all marks.

3. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I could go either way

4. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see a reboot directed by someone who really knows and understands the franchise and its characters. I'd love to have John Favreau do it, if he's a fan and interested. What he's done with Iron Man has been awesome and I think he could do justice to bringing Transformers to the big screen in a way that's truer to the original material and still gives it a real and serious feel.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Animated movies released in theathres based off popular high selling action figure toy lines have a high rate of "FAILING" in theathres sales. examples TMNT that was released in 2007,the simspons,G.I Joe,Transformers.

Having a TF live action movie taking place 300 years into the future seems like epic fail from the start & makes Zero sense. as no one living has no clue of what the technology & alt modes will look like 300 years from now on earth.
    also no one living today has no clue how the advanced 300+years from now technology will affect the living things living on earth. will the DNA of humans,animals & plants be drastically altered from all the technology created in the 300+years future?

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm firmly in the reboot camp.

I don't want the next production team to be tied down to things in the Bay universe but able to do what they want to do with whatever characters they want to use instead of only having the characters that somehow didn't get killed in the Bay films.

Just seems way easier to let a new team write up a whole new set of rules rather than figuring out how they can modify rules. So if the new team wanted it to feel like the Autobots where our only hope they could make it where the human weapons can't stop the Decepticons rather than having to come up with some plot device as to why after three films the human weapons are working the same.

Throwing out the old movies also means they could do something like a Starscream who can smirk without having to write in why Starscream has a new robot mode.

As to a director for a new production team that's a tough call. While there are lots of Hollywood vets who's name comes up in these discussions there are some really talented new directors who might also knock it out of the ball park. Just look at how Peter Jackson was known before he was given the gamble on Lord of the Rings.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with you. As much as I enjoyed Bay's TFs, I want a movie that's closer to the original source. TFs crashing on earth via the Earth and less organic looking i.e. blocky! LOL!

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

THIS.

I'd like to see a real Transformers movie at some point.

9. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

It will all depend on the 3rd film......soo we will see.

10. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Reboot...
    I know people are like "STOP WITH THE G1 THING" but it would be cool to see G1 Style Autobots and Decepticons that also look like they could look real and they remake the more than meets the eye episodes but make it way more epic and way more plot to it.... Like following the WFC Prequal story but has its own version of "More than meets the eye" G1 Episodes.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    To me it will depend on how Tf3 ends.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Sequel

13. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Reboot please.

But I'll settle for just having a new writer/director combo to take over from the idiot man-child currently running the show.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Reboot.

I'd love to see a philosophical take on it or hell i'd love to see a script done by Simon Furman, something, anything.

I'd love a Beast Wars series as Jetbolt had said earlier with Gary Chalk, Scott McNeil and David Kaye as the amazing cast directed by Steven Speilberg or something.

15. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

This. But I also wouldn't mind if another sequel was done. For me, it really depends on how DOTM ends.

16. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

I'd say reboot. It would be great to see them start over fresh with a more serious tone, like they did with Batman Begins. I think we could do without more dog humping, fart jokes, robo balls, the twins etc etc....

17. OptimusPrimal13

OptimusPrimal13 Dutch Radicon

Sequel and for director I say George Lucas.

18. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

I vote Sequoot. A sequel that's disguised as a reboot.

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence. I'm not into reboots so far becaue I'm thinking hollywood is money-hungry. I can understand when it's necessary though. I really want a sequel to this because I love this series. I remember looking forward to TF1 in 2004.

However I want a reboot because I was dissatisfied with how some characters were portrayed such as Jetfire. But that's me comparing him to G1 Jetfire. I guess what I've always thought was that this series would be a realist version of Transformers and not a whole new universe where characters are given new personalites and stuff. That's not to say I like these version of each characters. I though Jetfire had a good story behind him.

20. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I vote for neither. Let it end for the time being. Despite your opinion on the movies, we don't need a reboot of a trilogy who's first entry was a mere three and a half years ago.

Also, I don't see a need for another sequel. If Bay is done with the franchise after this movie, so be it.