So...Sequel or Reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazzmatic Prime, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

Transformers: DOTM comes out next year, and Bay said this will be the last in the series, but hey this is Hollywood were talking about here. they're not just going to let a big money making franchise like this die, even if Bay is in or out. So after the 3rd movie comes out what should they do? get to work on a 4th film but with a different director or reboot the franchise with an all new story, new actors, and new look for the robots while still keeping the realistic look.

as for a new director for either idea, how about Zack Snyder, or Peter Jackson?

what would you prefer?

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Depends on how DotM ends.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Reboot.

I want a a new director,new producer,new actors/actresses

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Sequel, go forward 300 years and so the movie universe version of Beast Wars. Lets park the Autobots and Decepticons for awhile. For once I want to see the characters I grew up with on the big screen. I'd give anything to see a fight between a movie Dinobot and Megatron with the voices of Scott McNeil and David Kaye blasting in the theater.

5. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope sequel since I am really sick of the current Hollywood trend "reboots" right now.

6. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's too early to watch humans discover mysterious transforming vehicles again. Either we get an entirely animated film based on Exodus or a film that really makes a risk by jumping a few centuries into the future, portraying a human-Autobot society.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if an Decepticon Survives and/or Vows to Return then Sequel PLZ
    if all Decepticosn are defeated or Give up, Reboot Plz

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

Neither

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Reboot the damn thing.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It's technically not a Hollywood trend for Transformers, though. It gets rebooted all the time. It's one of the main reasons it's lasted so long since beast wars.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to see a reboot. It wouldn't hurt to see another director's take on the TF franchise.

12. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hopefully with Jizz in my pants.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    A sequel and Zack Fucking Snyder.

14. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel that it’s too early for a full on reboot/remake. Yes, the people who hate every second of the Bay films will be crying out for a reboot, but I don’t feel that one would be healthy for the franchise just yet. Besides, reboots only seem to come along when the franchise in question has run out of steam or if there are serious problems behind the scenes (Raimi/Spider-Man). Seeing as the Transformers franchise has suffered neither yet, I think we won’t be getting a full on reboot anytime soon.

In terms of what I would like to see, I would like to see something that acts as both a sequel and a reboot. Something that acknowledges that events depicted in one to three happened, but then moves on in its own direction with a new human and robot cast. Obviously a new creative team and approach would be in order for it to qualify as a reboot, but it would have all the trappings of a sequel, too.

What director would I like to see? Tough one. I think Neill Blomkamp, who did District 9, would make a killer Transformers film. Yeah, he would be my choice.

15. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Well id have to say REBOOT!!!!!

16. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

give about 15 years or maybe for Transformers 50th anniversary (if its still around) for a reboot, hollywood is rebooting movies too soon now a days just cause the director of the series doesnt wanna make another sequel. if DoTM ends with closure (Cons lose and Bots stay on earth or return to cybertron, OR both sides die) then yes reboot dont shoe horn a sequel, but if the ending is ambiguous enough then i say sequel.

17. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I would love for them to continue doing sequels, but we all know that the movieverse will be rebooted, that way, it gives Hasbro the chance at doing an all new toyline.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We'll have to see how DOTM ends first, but I'll tentatively say reboot.

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Reboot please. I'm curious what a different director can bring to the table.

...What makes you possibly think we would get anything close to this, even if they did make a Beast Wars movie? Do you really think Beast Wars will get the treatment it deserves, especially after how the current movies got treated? Why would you even WANT a Beast Wars movie, when it will never have the same quality as the show, and in most likely hood will just be a mockery of it?

20. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Given there are now three live action movies, something seemed to work. As for why I would want a BW movie, because I miss my characters. I dont care if they are same as the show characters. I rather see them in some shape, then not see them at all. I want to watch something new with them again. I want to go to a store and buy new figures of them. I want to buy shirts with their images on them.